• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who think that prophet Mohammad was a pedophile

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
You guys, Muhammad does not fit the clinical definition of a paedophile. I know this seems hard to swallow. But we don't have a word for 'a person with normal sexual interest in women but who, if given the chance, would also have sex with a child.'

Argh.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
No.
That would be religionists. But when it is pointed out that Muhammad was a 7th century warlord who's followers invented a religion that suited them, they tend not to agree.
Tom

So do you believe that Muhammed was a pedophile or not mate?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
No I don't. Not by the standards of his day. Probably not at all, I doubt that Aisha was actually as young as sometimes claimed. Nothing else in the legend of Muhammad suggests any such thing. Just the opposite actually.
Tom

shmogie

They could be fabrications. These same writings tell us that Muhammad split the moon in half.[/QUOT
Please don't keep using the word 'stupid' because it's rude. I can't like any post that insults people.

You have good arguments but once you say people are stupid you lose respect for your entire argument.

Please don't call people here stupid.
When Prophet Muhammad married with Aisha, she was 22 or 24 (See here: How old was Aesha when she married the Messenger of God, peace be upon him and his pure progeny).

In addition, before Prophet Muhammad, Aisha had married with another man whose name was Jobayr ibn Mot'im. So that when Prophet married with her, she was not virgin. Source: At-Tabaqat Al-Kobra by Ibn Sa'd, V8, P.59.

Also, marriage of Prophet Muhammad with Aisha had political reasons. Prophet Muhammad married with some women for political reasons, but never did any sexual intercource with them.
So then, the description of her and her age in the hadith is false ? So then, the description of ol' mo' bathing with children, in the hadith, is false ? So then, why is it that all moslems except the wahabi's venerate the hadith, if it is false ?

shmogie

In cultures where child bride are accepted it does no mean
the "husband" is a pedophile at all.
From what I understand no sex happens until the child bride isn't
a child any longer.
Back in the day in American 14 year old brides were common. Very common.
There is a big difference between pre puberty, and post puberty children

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member

Belief is not an indictment.
I, for one, don't have a clue if he was a pedophile.
What may have been perfectly normal in that day might be
shunned these days.
As I said in the pioneer America it was common for girls 14/16 years
old to be married.
In pioneer American an OLD man was 40.
Cultural values do change.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
There is a big difference between pre puberty, and post puberty children

I get that. Stupid I'm not. There is a huge difference between
having sex with an 8 year old "wife" and a 16 year old "wife".
One of 'em is a CHILD!

Thanda

You name it: honor killings, FGM, wife beating, rape, male-originated "punishments" of all sorts...

Are you serious? For this to be true there must have been no "honor killings, FGM, wife beating, rape, male-originated "punishments" of all sorts" before Islam and there should also be none now outside of Islam.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Do you see? you said it.
Do you believe that Jibril spoke to Mohammad? if not then why you believe
that he loves having sex with children? I'm asking you the same question that you asked me.

You created the OP.

You raised the subject, insulting those who have a reasonable stance towards it in so doing.

Following that with expectations that people will simply feel bound to assume the best of Muhammad for apparently no reason beyond your personal convenience puts you under a very bad light.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member

Of course I take your point that - in general - the world is not a safe place for women. And that in itself is horrible.

It could be that the correlation of these two maps doesn't have to do with Islam. But the odds of that are really, really small. If you look at these two maps with any sort of objectivity, it's clear that the overlap is enormous between Muslim majority countries and the places where women are least safe.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You created the OP.

You raised the subject, insulting those who have a reasonable stance towards it in so doing.

Following that with expectations that people will simply feel bound to assume the best of Muhammad for apparently no reason beyond your personal convenience puts you under a very bad light.

I believe it's kind of stupidity to accuse someone of being a pedophile without proper evidence,
to prove me wrong is what the thread is all about.

JakofHearts

2 Tim 1.7
@FearGod Your prophet Mohammad was a pedophile. Aisha was only six years old when he married her.

His depravity goes deeper in the hadiths, too.

Is this a troll thread?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Of course I take your point that - in general - the world is not a safe place for women. And that in itself is horrible.

It could be that the correlation of these two maps doesn't have to do with Islam. But the odds of that are really, really small. If you look at these two maps with any sort of objectivity, it's clear that the overlap is enormous between Muslim majority countries and the places where women are least safe.

That's if your statistic telling the real situation.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Are you serious? For this to be true there must have been no "honor killings, FGM, wife beating, rape, male-originated "punishments" of all sorts" before Islam and there should also be none now outside of Islam.

Thanda, do you really think I'm making such a black and white claim? Of course not. This is about statistics.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
@FearGod Your prophet Mohammad was a pedophile. Aisha was only six years old when he married her.

His depravity goes deeper in the hadiths, too.

Is this a troll thread?

And how old was Khadija which was beloved by the prophet, was she a child or
some pedophiles choose to be so at the age of 50 for one specific girl then they
become a normal persons, prove your point according to our modern knowledge
about how pedophiles act and behave.