• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who think that prophet Mohammad was a pedophile

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him was known to be a decent and a honest man, he
didn't has any relation with any women in his youth years even though that obscenity was
existing in the Arabian peninsula and women were available as slaves in all ages, so finding
a woman in that era wasn't a big issue.

The first wife of the prophet was Khadija, she was a widow of the age of 40 while
the prophet was at the age of 25, he loved her regardless of her age and they stayed
married for 25 years and when she died at the age of 65, the prophet was at the age of 50.

Khadija was the first woman to accept Islam as she knows her husband very well and
she trusted him even before being married to him, the prophet was called the truthful
and the honest( as-sadiq al-amin) which I believe it was planned by Allah in order for
his people to believe and accept the message of Islam.

To be continued ....

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Seems awful normal and everyday to be a sign from God. No parting of the Red Sea, walking on water or raising the dead..

sovietchild

Child marriage was not uncommon in many places at the time, Arabia included. It often served political purposes, and Aisha's marriage to Muhammad would have had a political connotation.

Some people say she was 9 at time of consummation, some people say she was 12 and some people say she was 17.

Muhammad Niknam Arabshahi, an Iranian Islamic scholar and historian, has considered six different approaches to determining Aisha'a age and concluded that she was engaged in her late teens.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't see how this proves the people who think Mohammad was a pedophile are "idiots".

Because they can't see, I mean if they think it right then a pedophile won't choose a woman 15 years
older than him and to live with her for 25 years, so to think that such person was a pedophile is
kind of a stupid thinking.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I wanted them to prove me wrong in a rational way.
And by insulting them before extending the invitation, you assure that they will not perceive you as worth the trouble.

One other result is that people will assume that you are only pretending to want an explanation.

And the likely reason will be presumed to be fear of learning the truth.

That is just how human nature works.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
And by insulting them before extending the invitation, you assure that they will not perceive you as worth the trouble.

If they have confidence then they can prove me wrong, otherwise they'll stay silent or avoid the thread
as you guessed.

Sakeenah

Prophet Mohammad peace be upon him was known to be a decent and a honest man, he
didn't has any relation with any women in his youth years even though that obscenity was
existing in the Arabian peninsula and women were available as slaves in all ages, so finding
a woman in that era wasn't a big issue.

The first wife of the prophet was Khadija, she was a widow of the age of 40 while
the prophet was at the age of 25, he loved her regardless of her age and they stayed
married for 25 years and when she died at the age of 65, the prophet was at the age of 50.

Khadija was the first woman to accept Islam as she knows her husband very well and
she trusted him even before being married to him, the prophet was called the truthful
and the honest( as-sadiq al-amin) which I believe it was planned by Allah in order for
his people to believe and accept the message of Islam.

To be continued ....

Assalaamu alaikum,

Your OP is informative and I think more people would listen if you stop insulting them. Don't expect people to engage in a respectful discussion if you insult them

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "A true believer is not involved in taunting, frequently cursing (others), in indecency,or in abusing."

I agree with you on the issue of Aicha(may Allah be pleased with her).
It's good to look at the issue in a larger perspective, and to avoid viewing it through the colored lenses of modern, western culture. Those that are familiar with anthropology know that there has been, variety in human cultural practices and norms.

the “Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society,” both Christian Canon law and European civil law considered seven years as the age of consent, but judges in medieval England would approve marriages based on mutual consent at ages even lower than 7.
As recently as the nineteenth century, ages of consent of 13 to 14 were common in Western countries.

We are responsible for acting in accordance with our conscience, and the norms in our society may play part in this, but I think we shouldn't pass judgment on people of the past and those of other cultures. People in the future may think some of our norms are strange.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Assalaamu alaikum,

Your OP is informative and I think more people would listen if you stop insulting them. Don't expect people to engage in a respectful discussion if you insult them

It was reported in Al Adab Al Mufrad with an authentic chain of transmission on the authority of `Abdullah ibn Mas`ud that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "A true believer is not involved in taunting, frequently cursing (others), in indecency,or in abusing."

I agree with you on the issue of Aicha(may Allah be pleased with her).
It's good to look at the issue in a larger perspective, and to avoid viewing it through the colored lenses of modern, western culture. Those that are familiar with anthropology know that there has been, variety in human cultural practices and norms.

the “Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood in History and Society,” both Christian Canon law and European civil law considered seven years as the age of consent, but judges in medieval England would approve marriages based on mutual consent at ages even lower than 7.
As recently as the nineteenth century, ages of consent of 13 to 14 were common in Western countries.

We are responsible for acting in accordance with our conscience, and the norms in our society may play part in this, but I think we shouldn't pass judgment on people of the past and those of other cultures. People in the future may well look on some of our norms as strange.

Accusing a person of being a pedophile without a proper evidence is kind of stupidity, I have some
persons in mind in which i wanted them to prove me wrong in this thread.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
If they have confidence then they can prove me wrong, otherwise they'll stay silent or avoid the thread
as you guessed.
No, if they have confidence they will just think less of you and keep quiet.

If they answer, it will be by mentally judging you weak and desperate before they even begin.

Sakeenah

@FearGod

There's nothing wrong with a debate but insulting those who disagree with you goes against the teaching of prophet muhammad (peace be upon him)

And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah , lest they insult Allah in enmity without knowledge. Thus We have made pleasing to every community their deeds. Then to their Lord is their return, and He will inform them about what they used to do. ( surah Anam: 108)

Although the translation says "And do not insult those they invoke other than Allah", which means don't swear what non-muslims worship, the Ayah is also understood as "And do not insult those who worship other than Allah", which means don't insult non-muslims.

Abud-Darda (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (pbuh) said, "Nothing will be heavier on the Day of Resurrection in the Scale of the believer than good manners. Allah hates one who utters foul or coarse language.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Are you changing your mind from a pedophile to multiple fetishes?

Don't really care if he was actually a pedo, I don't like him regardless and it would only make me like him less.
What I really don't like is that child brides exist in today's world, regardless of the reason.

Edit: killed the first line of text because I couldn't figure out how to correctly word it and it didn't express the point I wanted to get across well enough

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I can't be bothered to do any research on my own, so can somebody direct me to any evidence that Mohammad married and had sex with an eight year old girl? Preferably a passage from the Qur'an?

I've heard that a lot from people.
As you can see at Aisha - Wikipedia

it is not really disputed that one of Muhammad's wives was well underage. At least, neither Shia nor Sunni dispute it.

To doubt it would essentially mean to believe that early companions of Muhammad decided to slander him while he was still alive. That, of course, sounds almost completely unbelievable.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Don't really care if he was actually a pedo, I don't like him regardless and it would only make me like him less.
What I really don't like is that child brides exist in today's world, regardless of the reason.

Edit: killed the first line of text because I couldn't figure out how to correctly word it and it didn't express the point I wanted to get across well enough

And such person who can have a multiple fetishes can stay with one woman older
than him for 25 years, the prophet didn't choose any kind of women till he reached
the age of 25, so what do you think ?

This thread isn't about the love of the prophet, it's up to you if you choose to hate him