1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured For those who think that prophet Mohammad was a pedophile

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by FearGod, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Kirran

Kirran
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,391
    Nope. But most Muslims I talk to believe it (this is anecdotal) and most writings by mainstream Islamic scholars I come across preach it as true.

Do you believe it?

• Like Like x 1
  2. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,153
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    People for the most part blindly follow their leaders, the media or what their friends say instead of doing proper research and using their own minds.

3. Sakeenah

Sakeenah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,380
    Religion:
    islam

Who said you all have to agree? Are you basing this on debates with a few Muslims on RF as if they represent 1.6bilion Muslims. I don't think you have to agree with my ideas,claims and beliefs and I don't have to agree with any of your claims.

4. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,153
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I bought an excellent Quran app the other day. It has the Arabic and English translation as well as the English transliteration which to me is important and gives the meaning of each word. The best I've found so far.

I'm always looking for more digital books such as commentaries, I have many English Qurans but translations are quite poor except for one or two.

• Like Like x 1
  5. atpollard

atpollard Active Member

Ratings:
    +200
    Religion:
    Reformed Baptist
    A 54 year old man had sex with a 9 year old girl!
    Nothing about that seems WRONG to you?

• Like Like x 1
  6. icehorse

icehorse Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,164
    Religion:
    spiritual anti-theist : )
    Well the OIC to start with. The leaders of the Muslim world care very deeply that we accept this idea.

Then we have folks who think novelists should be killed. And then of course those nasty cartoonists!..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Notanumber

Notanumber A Free Man

Ratings:
    +1,696
    Religion:
    Atheist liberal right-winger
    This is a good resource.

https://www.amazon.com/Sharia-Law-N...rd_wg=uWFzI&psc=1&refRID=XYNWV6BN360T4H1AGCNW

8. RitalinOD

RitalinOD New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Religion:
    Atheist
    I don't know where you're getting this idea that pedophiles are only attracted to children. This does not fit any definition of the word, and is objectively false. Also, there is no associated age with pedophilia, as it applies to prepubescent children. Children go through puberty at different ages, so again, objectively incorrect.

Lets try to stick with facts here.

9. FearGod

FearGod Freedom Of Mind

Ratings:
    +2,054
    Religion:
    Human
    Of course I don't believe it, if they wanted to follow the prophet's model then let them
    marry a woman 15 years older than them and to stay in love with them till they die.

10. Rival

Rival Ankh, Wedja, Seneb

Ratings:
    +27,704
    Religion:
    Kemetic Pagan
    Okay, a paedophile is someone who is attracted to prepubescent children. These specimens generally occur 11 years and under. Most girls start puberty at about 10 or 11. Boys a little later. The general consensus is that paedophilia ends at age 11, where hebephilia begins, and normal attraction begins at 16.

Yes, a person can be attracted both to children and adults, but I was trying to get across that in order to be a paedophile the primary sexual interest has to be children. That not everyone who engages sexually with a child is a paedophile and not all paedohpiles have relations with children.

In other words, I support the idea that paedophilia is a sexual orientation. So obviously the primary intrest is prepubescent kids.

#190 Rival, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  11. FearGod

FearGod Freedom Of Mind

Ratings:
    +2,054
    Religion:
    Human
    Did you see them doing it?

• Like Like x 1
  12. icehorse

icehorse Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,164
    Religion:
    spiritual anti-theist : )
    I have to largely repeat what was said earlier in this thread. In 2016/2017 it doesn't matter whether it really happened. What REALLY MATTERS is that millions and millions of Muslims *think* it happened, and they therefore *think* it's a good idea.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Akivah

Akivah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,795
    Religion:
    Judaism
    The difference is that Jews and Christians are not actively carrying out the parts of their religions which modern ethics reject, but Muslims are.

Check out this article written by Lebanese columnist Hazem Saghiya

An observer might get the impression that, in addition to the many civil wars raging in the Arab countries, these countries are also engaged in a perpetual war against women.

A Lebanese MP called Elie Marouni, said 'some women give a rapist a reason to rape them'.

Egyptian MP Ilhami Agina, possessing an imagination and [capacity] for fantasy absent in his Lebanese colleague, opposed a bill criminalizing female genital mutilation. [According to him], the rise in impotence among men obligates us to suppress sexual desire in women!

Hazem Saghiya writes "What to do with a woman who is forever required to be [treated] either like a slave, a commodity or a doll? The [Arab] regimes, whether conservative or revolutionary, only work to entrench this status of women."

Lebanese Columnist: The Arab Countries Seem To Be Engaged In A Perpetual War Against Women

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. RitalinOD

RitalinOD New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Says who? Who is this authority that makes this distinction?

15. Akivah

Akivah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,795
    Religion:
    Judaism
    Is this your standard of proof? That in order to make the claim that Muhammad had sex with Aisha when she was a child, the claimer must have personally witnessed it?

16. Kirran

Kirran

Ratings:
    +6,391
    By the same logic - did you see Muhammad talking to Jibrail? Did you see him preaching Islam? Did you see him doing anything tradition upholds he did? If not, well, I guess he didn't do them.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Rival

Rival Ankh, Wedja, Seneb

Ratings:
    +27,704
    Religion:
    Kemetic Pagan
    Or else you're just a normal person?

Again, like I said, I'm of the opinion that paedophilia is an orientation, like hetero and homosexuality. These people are attracted to prepubescent kids.

18. RitalinOD

RitalinOD New Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Religion:
    Atheist
    You're making claims you can't substantiate. You say a pedophile has to be primarily attracted to children. I asked you to prove this assertion. You have not done so.

As if that distinction makes a difference in any way, shape, or form.

19. Akivah

Akivah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,795
    Religion:
    Judaism
    I poked around the web looking for polls answered by Muslims about this question, but couldn't find any. Do you know of any polls taken by Muslims about their own beliefs?

I did find this though on WikiIslam
    Aisha's Age of Consummation - WikiIslam

The article presents each argument about Aisha's age and concludes as follows:

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. Kirran

Kirran

Ratings:
    +6,391
    I'm also somewhat in agreement that it's better referred to as a sexuality than as a psychiatric disorder. There are a number of harmful sexualities and a number of healthy sexualities. People need to be able to seek help if they have pedophilia. Such approaches are being rolled out in Germany etc.

It's not exactly an assertion. It's just defining the word pedophilia.

• Like Like x 1