• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christians. Was the flood real or just a myth?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
For example, how can you prove that the ratios of isotopes we see had to have been caused by the present nature?

If we assume that the laws have always been what they are, then all the various independent lines of evidence all converge on the same dates.

You have yet to share a framework where laws in the past were different, that yields at least the similar consistency in results.
Off course, we all know that you don't have such a framework. Your framework consists only of god-magic.

Told you this before: your framework of reference is, unchanged, perfectly applicable to Last Thursdayism. It is utterly useless as it doesn't make a single testable prediction, nore does it teach us anything about anything.

dad

Undefeated
Nobody cares about what anyone believes. That goes for you to and the things that you believe.
No. That goes for science claims that have no evidence and only opinionated belief to 'support' them.

Those who have the support of Scripture have real support.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No. That goes for science claims that have no evidence and only opinionated belief to 'support' them.

dad, you are breaking the Ninth Commandment again. You are not supposed to bear false witness against your neighbors. If you understood the concept of evidence you would see that the claim you just made was false One thing that you do not seem to understand about the Ninth Commandment. It is not a rule that simply forbids lying about others. It is a rule that forbids making false statements whatsoever about others. That means if one does not understand something that they should shut the f up. It is inevitable that if one does not understand something that they will be making false claims against their neighbors. Your ignorance about the concept of evidence cannot save you in this regard.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
If you want to make a case that I have understood the bible wrong, make it. I think we all know you do not.

I'll leave that to the 99% of christians that don't agree with your crackpot beliefs.

As far as I am concerned, the bible is just an iron age book which is pretty irrelevant when it comes to scientific questions about the phenomena of the universe in the natural sciences.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

It goes for any belief that isn't based on evidence, wether it is masquarading as science or not.

("masquarading", because claims that aren't based on evidence aren't scientific to begin with).

No. Scripture are claims. Claims aren't evidence.

gnostic

The Lost One
There is a good video about the ark. You should look at it though not all things may be agreed upon. Pay especially attention to the part after min 38 nearly from 39. Here you see what seems to be the best theory for the ark and how it dealt with its size and waves.

This website is overrun by atheists, you will not get much positive feedback from them. I hope they don't kill this video. It is one of the best about this subject.

Your source is from UFOTV?

Audie

Veteran Member
Who wrote natural law?

You bet. Its called faith. But it isn't just based on a book or a religion. There is so much more to it, that would be wasted on a skeptic who will not believe unless he sees or experiences it himself. No unbeliever can experience God. If you can't "believe" because of the "evidence" that is right under your nose.....then you never will.

I am confident that those who scoff will "believe" by undeniable experience sooner or later. Then what?

In bold we see examples of what is called
"assuming facts not in evidence",tho of course no
jw is apt to see any prob with that.

dad

Undefeated
I'll leave that to the 99% of christians that don't agree with your crackpot beliefs.
Don't see any doing it though. Funny that.

As far as I am concerned, the bible is just an iron age book which is pretty irrelevant when it comes to scientific questions about the phenomena of the universe in the natural sciences.
Opinion noted.

dad

Undefeated
It goes for any belief that isn't based on evidence, wether it is masquarading as science or not.

("masquarading", because claims that aren't based on evidence aren't scientific to begin with).

The bible has evidence accepted by billions of people over the ages. Scientific claims need physical evidence. (not beliefs plastered all over evidence). You have no support for your falsely called science beliefs. Period.

No. Scripture are claims. Claims aren't evidence.
Overruled.