• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Christians. Was the flood real or just a myth?

sooda

Veteran Member
Prove it. Remember that you can't use the universe we see from earth to do that. You need something right here. For example, how can you prove that the ratios of isotopes we see had to have been caused by the present nature?

Gravity, the orbit of the sun, the tidal effects of the moon, the properties of water haven't changed.. Have you never studied earth science or any science?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Who cares what you believe? Either you have a clear case you can support here or you remain a failed spammer.
You do for one. You know that I am right but wish that it was not so.

And I can and have supported my case. But since you won't let yourself learn what is and what is not evidence you have no case when it comes to demanding evidence.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Prove it. Remember that you can't use the universe we see from earth to do that. You need something right here. For example, how can you prove that the ratios of isotopes we see had to have been caused by the present nature?
Actually we can. Remember the "present nature" is the default. If you want to claim it was different in the past the burden of proof is upon you.

dad

Undefeated
Gravity, the orbit of the sun, the tidal effects of the moon, the properties of water haven't changed.. Have you never studied earth science or any science?
Show us how gravity was the same in Adam's day? Show us how the orbit of the sun was the same? More importantly, show us how either even relates to what is being discussed?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not true. That is why your empty spam posts have no link. Face it.
i would suggest you stop the false claims about spam. Your dishonesty is obvious to all. The only requirement for you to ask for evidence is to learn what it is. The spam is your sin.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Your default belief is not something of value unless it can be supported.
it can and has been supported. You are the one with a burden of proof as has been explained to you. But you and I both know that you believe in a lie. The question is why do you believe in a lie?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It has not been and you have failed to produce any link to where you did support it.

Believing God is not believing a lie, and would only be considered so by fallen souls.
dad, since you do not understand the concept of evidence you are in no position to judge. You can't even remember Rule Number One. You don't get to make demands until after you learn what is and what is not evidence.

And where did I say that believing in God is a lie? You believe in a lying, evil, incompetent God. But you don't want to discuss that either.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Is that what you think of the God of the bible?
If one goes by a literal interpretation one cannot honestly come to any other conclusion. And you do not seem to realize how this is an immense problem for you. You keep claiming that your God is incompetent. You keep claiming that your God is evil. And you keep claiming that your God is a liar. The only reason that you do not understand this is that you keep yourself ignorant on purpose.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You neither believe the bible nor have any capacity to defend any other type of 'interpretation' of Genesis.
Incorrect, on the latter at any rate. Unfortunately you are too afraid to learn so that you could make an honest judgement.

The question is why would you support a God that lies? A God that is incompetent? A God that is evil? Unless God is all of those things and a God does exist you are in much bigger trouble than I am when we die.

dad

Undefeated
Incorrect, on the latter at any rate. Unfortunately you are too afraid to learn so that you could make an honest judgement.

The question is why would you support a God that lies? A God that is incompetent? A God that is evil? Unless God is all of those things and a God does exist you are in much bigger trouble than I am when we die.
Not in the mood for blasphemy right now, thanks.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Who wrote natural law?

Natural law refers to the mechanisms of reality. They aren't things that need to be "written" :rolleyes:

There is so much more to it, that would be wasted on a skeptic who will not believe unless he sees or experiences it himself.

Actually, perhaps not even then. If I base everything only on the things I see or experience myself, I'ld be wrong quite a lot of times.

This is why I'ld rather base my beliefs on independently verifiable evidence as much as possible. Especially concerning claims of the external world.

No unbeliever can experience God. If you can't "believe" because of the "evidence" that is right under your nose.....then you never will.

If one can only see this supposed evidence if one first already believes, then it is not evidence at all.
You might want to learn about what is and isn't evidence.

I am confident that those who scoff will "believe" by undeniable experience sooner or later. Then what?

Pascal's wager is irrational.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Who cares what you believe? Either you have a clear case you can support here or you remain a failed spammer.

Nobody cares about what anyone believes. That goes for you to and the things that you believe.

This is why @Subduction Zone asks you to provide evidence for the things you say. As it stands, we only have your expression of your beliefs.

And as we have just established: nobody cares about mere beliefs of others.