• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For believers - do you believe that angels still appear to people?

LukeS

Was in a car coming very close to a serious collision with a truck in the mist one time. Moments before, literally for a second, I had a "vision" of the grim reaper - very detailed.

There are various interpretation for this, a sub conscious projection, a coincidence, pot, an angel, a spirit.

I think that something mysterious was at work, it cant just be brushed aside. But that mystery remains open to interpretation.

Electra

Was in a car coming very close to a serious collision with a truck in the mist one time. Moments before, literally for a second, I had a "vision" of the grim reaper - very detailed.

There are various interpretation for this, a sub conscious projection, a coincidence, pot, an angel, a spirit.

I think that something mysterious was at work, it cant just be brushed aside. But that mystery remains open to interpretation.
the grim reaper is so cool, nothing to be scared of at all, did you feel this too? It changed my perceptions.

Electra

Well, the women would be disappointed because angels aren't interested in physical relationships. I think they lack the necessary equipment, anyway. ;)

for whatever reason angels actually find humans really interesting, I guess cause they can't fully comprehend what we fell / why we act the way we act. I had an angel have sex with me once in spirit, I didn't fully comprehend what happened till after ... just ... wow.... yea... hahahahahaha .... I can't even explain that one, when we relize sex is more merging of two spirts then genital contact ;)

They never did appear much throughout the Bible times either. They appeared to prophets and to Mary, but rarely did they appear to regular humans. Yes, I think that if there is a reason for God to send a message to certain humans, He can do it through angels. But that is usually incredibly rare.

Aiviu

I've always enjoyed artwork depicting angels, but even as a practicing theist, I never really ''believed'' in their actual existence. But, the Bible discusses the appearance of angels many times over, and I just wonder what some of you think about that? Do you believe in angels, and if so, do you believe that they appear to people?

And Christianity also teaches about ''fallen angels,'' and I'd imagine other faiths do, as well. These are angels ''inspired'' by evil, as I've come to learn.

Do angels appear to people today?

Anyways, just wondering what you think, if you're a believer?

In a certain way they are responsible that people can be heaven sent. You dont see them and never will because they dont have appearance at all. Probably a comparison of beauty but not much people are paying attention, that a visiblity creates an icon which is misguiding its meaning. God from the heaven who lives in the heart that is within your soul will heaven sent those who you honestly loved, those which caused you to evidence God to you, as they, the people, has been disappeared and re-appeared as invisible angels in heaven, who lives in the heart that is sleeping but conscious within your soul. Its not the suffering shell you wrapped around the heart, which you call then your own heart. Your heart, the shell, is bound to the beginning and its end.

Grandliseur

I've always enjoyed artwork depicting angels, but even as a practicing theist, I never really ''believed'' in their actual existence. But, the Bible discusses the appearance of angels many times over, and I just wonder what some of you think about that? Do you believe in angels, and if so, do you believe that they appear to people?

And Christianity also teaches about ''fallen angels,'' and I'd imagine other faiths do, as well. These are angels ''inspired'' by evil, as I've come to learn.

Angels still work among us; in most cases the assistance rendered is done anonymously. I may have been given verbal assistance once and told the person I didn't really value his advice at the time: that is, until the next morning when it became apparent I should have done what I was told. (ha ha) (this has nothing to do with sex, let that be said)

There is a fine Youtube experience where an angel supposedly is captured on video, while the people looking at the spot didn't see anyone.

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
Angels seem just a way in which to permit polytheism in otherwise monotheistic religions. None of these Abrahamic religions are truly monotheistic anyways. But this is not unique because most polytheistic societies where merely a myriad of monotheistic cults.

Did anyone honestly believed that all these gods were worshiped and adored by every person? Quite the contrary as this is the primary reason you had patron deities and the Nabateans had a single tribal deity which was a model acquired from the Mesopotamians. You have a few trinities here and there and also some variations in greater and lesser deities which followed forward into the monotheistic model.

Point being though, I myself do not hold to any real existence to supernatural beings of any sort. There is a possibility of their existence and if they do it will most likely not be in as glorious of a state as we would like to believe. I have no needs to accept in the realness of things in so much as they are relevant and useful to my life or others. What I will not do is make truth claims about them if I cannot prove them beyond certainty.

syo

Do you believe in angels, and if so, do you believe that they appear to people?
yes, I believe in angels and they interact with us but I haven't searched much on the subject. orthodox christianity accepts the existence of angels. as for ''fallen'' angels, their mision from God is to bring us to temptation between good and bad so that we choose goodness.

arthra

Baha'i

I think "angels" are symbolic of spiritual experiences. Over time they've assume artistic forms and been anthropomorphised to an extent. I rather agree with the words of Abdul-Baha Who was the eldest Son of Baha'u'llah when He said:

"Ye are the angels, if your feet be firm, your spirits rejoiced, your secret thoughts pure, your eyes consoled, your ears opened, your breasts dilated with joy, and your souls gladdened, and if you arise to assist the Covenant, to resist dissension and to be attracted to the Effulgence! Verily, I say unto you that the Word of God has assuredly been explained and has become an evident sign and a strong and solid proof, and its traces shall be spread in the East and West, and to these all heads shall bow and all souls shall submit and kneel down with their faces to the ground."

~ Abdu'l-Baha, Baha'i World Faith, p. 359

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I'm not currently a believer but I've had experiences similar to what is reported in the article. When I was 17 I had a troubled relationship with my family, to the point I was considering suicide.

I was very angry and hateful of my life. I said that I no longer wanted my life and told God that he could have my life and do with it what ever he wanted.

In that moment, I felt as if a huge burden had been lifted from me. I felt a presence in the room with me which had become filled with a golden light. I felt completely at peace for the first time.

After that event, I really felt God was in control of my life. Every event, every person I met, every situation I found myself in was all part of God's plan for me. Every thing that was before difficult and troubling for me before was gone. I knew God had a purpose for me. All I had to do was move forward through life and God would take care of the rest.

It all felt real, it was a reality of my experience. So I do believe folks have these kinds of experiences.

69036a03cd20619fbe42dfdc3f2737fb.gif

Deidre

Thanks for sharing this @Nakosis ...why don't you believe anymore? I'm just curious because I've had a change too since coming back to faith. If you would like to share?
I'm not currently a believer but I've had experiences similar to what is reported in the article. When I was 17 I had a troubled relationship with my family, to the point I was considering suicide.

I was very angry and hateful of my life. I said that I no longer wanted my life and told God that he could have my life and do with it what ever he wanted.

In that moment, I felt as if a huge burden had been lifted from me. I felt a presence in the room with me which had become filled with a golden light. I felt completely at peace for the first time.

After that event, I really felt God was in control of my life. Every event, every person I met, every situation I found myself in was all part of God's plan for me. Every thing that was before difficult and troubling for me before was gone. I knew God had a purpose for me. All I had to do was move forward through life and God would take care of the rest.

It all felt real, it was a reality of my experience. So I do believe folks have these kinds of experiences.

69036a03cd20619fbe42dfdc3f2737fb.gif

Deidre

How about delivering a message through a regular person? Do you think that can happen?

I don't mean a believer reciting Scripture but something different. Something that seems like the message is just for you from that person.
They never did appear much throughout the Bible times either. They appeared to prophets and to Mary, but rarely did they appear to regular humans. Yes, I think that if there is a reason for God to send a message to certain humans, He can do it through angels. But that is usually incredibly rare.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing this @Nakosis ...why don't you believe anymore? I'm just curious because I've had a change too since coming back to faith. If you would like to share?

Because I was always seeking the truth, I went from one religion to the next claiming to possess the truth.

What I found is that in all these religions, similar spiritual experience where there to be had. If one had enough belief/faith they could experience what they expected to experience.

So I came to question whether or not my expectations were causing these experiences.

For example I followed a Guru from India for a while. He taught me to see light and hear music. These are the same as any other perception to me. All I have to do is focus. I was told this is the light of God and celestial music. These experience are very peaceful relaxing.

In meditation you experience things. Like a loss of self. So the identity we possess becomes more and more illusionary.

I even saw things while I was awake, like tiny flames dancing on the lawn. It's not like a mirage, I looked, it stayed, didn't go away. I sat there amused by it because I knew this was not a normal thing to see.

I also know how powerful the subconscious mind can be. I suspect belief can cause the subconscious mind to create these experiences. So angels, messengers, prophets. I don't think they are lying about their experiences.

The subconscious mind is bigger, smarter, faster than the conscious mind that basically the self, the conscious observer possesses.

We kind of know mater of a factly that we can't trust perception, we can't trust memory, we can't trust what we feel is the reality of what we experience. Reality is filtered and presented to us by the subconscious mind. If you look into the research enough, you end up having to accept this as the reality.

So if you if you want to place your trust in something you need a way to validate whatever it is you think you are experiencing.

That's what science, the scientific method is for. It provides a way to validate what we think is true.

These spiritual experiences, although I can experience them for myself, I can't validate them.

So I guess I became an atheist as a defense against my subconscious mind.

Deidre

This is probably the most enlightening thing I've read with regards to my own personal crossroads right now. Wow thank you for sharing your thoughts!! :sunflower:

Because I was always seeking the truth, I went from one religion to the next claiming to possess the truth.

What I found is that in all these religions, similar spiritual experience where there to be had. If one had enough belief/faith they could experience what they expected to experience.

So I came to question whether or not my expectations were causing these experiences.

For example I followed a Guru from India for a while. He taught me to see light and hear music. These are the same as any other perception to me. All I have to do is focus. I was told this is the light of God and celestial music. These experience are very peaceful relaxing.

In meditation you experience things. Like a loss of self. So the identity we possess becomes more and more illusionary.

I even saw things while I was awake, like tiny flames dancing on the lawn. It's not like a mirage, I looked, it stayed, didn't go away. I sat there amused by it because I knew this was not a normal thing to see.

I also know how powerful the subconscious mind can be. I suspect belief can cause the subconscious mind to create these experiences. So angels, messengers, prophets. I don't think they are lying about their experiences.

The subconscious mind is bigger, smarter, faster than the conscious mind that basically the self, the conscious observer possesses.

We kind of know mater of a factly that we can't trust perception, we can't trust memory, we can't trust what we feel is the reality of what we experience. Reality is filtered and presented to us by the subconscious mind. If you look into the research enough, you end up having to accept this as the reality.

So if you if you want to place your trust in something you need a way to validate whatever it is you think you are experiencing.

That's what science, the scientific method is for. It provides a way to validate what we think is true.

These spiritual experiences, although I can experience them for myself, I can't validate them.

So I guess I became an atheist as a defense against my subconscious mind.

RoaringSilence

yes . but i would tell you more when/ if had full clarity ..atm i personally got undeniable healing. im going thru a soul tearing experience, and some awesome stuff is going on ..its foolish of me to admit it ..coz telling you this will lead you into something that even i don't know how to guide you or anyone else with it.. when i have more clarity i will share my experience..if that be the right thing to do....coz there was some immense suffering beyond tolerable...enough so that i almost picked up my suicide gear after which i begged for help within ..and.. so for your own sake..don't take any steps to extreme seeking.

for me im not even sure if i m hijacked by the right force or the wrong ..so even my advise is dangerous...and i have no personal guru.. i just picked a random tool that worked and i entered in a realm ..with variety of traps and ups and downs.

if you are opening yourself to faith .best to stick with popular ones like Christianity and ignore the evangelistic fanatic style.. just follow good stuff ..what you cannot digest leave that in unknown box.. don't go for self help tools coz they are both positive and negative stuffs out there.

you wil find peace in christianity ...i am semi sure ..just ignore the bits that irritate you and use he basic good stuff. and don't preach others... just self help.. :)

Christianity was positive in my find up to the point .. where each one takes personal resp of their own action vs using jesus's sacrfice as an excuse.of their own actions but that is my personal opinion not to offend the hard core guys...

Last edited:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

Well my theory is that I believe angels exist as incorporeal beings of incomprehensible light (I know it sounds contradictory but I tend to think divine light to be so pure the human senses cannot pick up on it as these beings live in and out of our plane of existence). I also believe angels have an ability to material as humans, animals, etc. So I would agree with the Biblical verse that it is best to be kind period regardless whether you meet an angel or not, but yes you never know.

DavidFirth

for whatever reason angels actually find humans really interesting, I guess cause they can't fully comprehend what we fell / why we act the way we act. I had an angel have sex with me once in spirit, I didn't fully comprehend what happened till after ... just ... wow.... yea... hahahahahaha .... I can't even explain that one, when we relize sex is more merging of two spirts then genital contact ;)

If your story is true you had sex with a demon. Angels are holy and would never fornicate.