• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For believers - do you believe that angels still appear to people?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have never seen an angel, however I think we are not truly alone. I may have encountered something like an angel but am not certain. I do not think about it often, and I don't take other people seriously when they talk about angelic encounters. People hallucinate sometimes.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
I've always enjoyed artwork depicting angels, but even as a practicing theist, I never really ''believed'' in their actual existence. But, the Bible discusses the appearance of angels many times over, and I just wonder what some of you think about that? Do you believe in angels, and if so, do you believe that they appear to people?

And Christianity also teaches about ''fallen angels,'' and I'd imagine other faiths do, as well. These are angels ''inspired'' by evil, as I've come to learn.

Do angels appear to people today?

Anyways, just wondering what you think, if you're a believer?
Why do they need to? I've got what I need to navigate through life (the Bible + the Holy Spirit), I don't need an angel to appear to me. I take God at his word.

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often
Okay. What do you consider ''philosophical Christianity?''
Meh. Non-denominational, Bible believing Christianity. I might have some doctrinal positions I hold dear to but I can break bread with people who are Methodists, Anglicans, and other liturgical churches. I was born and raised Baptist.

"Philosophical" is a term meaning examined in this instance.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I've always enjoyed artwork depicting angels, but even as a practicing theist, I never really ''believed'' in their actual existence. But, the Bible discusses the appearance of angels many times over, and I just wonder what some of you think about that? Do you believe in angels, and if so, do you believe that they appear to people?

And Christianity also teaches about ''fallen angels,'' and I'd imagine other faiths do, as well. These are angels ''inspired'' by evil, as I've come to learn.

Do angels appear to people today?

Anyways, just wondering what you think, if you're a believer?
all spirits, sparks, fall away from the center into matter. as they fall they become denser.

The sri yantra is a representation of this idea of spirit, consciousness involution and matter evolution.

The idea can also be understood as Jacob's ladder. Each of us is an angel, a daimon, in earthly form.

DavidFirth

all spirits, sparks, fall away from the center into matter. as they fall they become denser.

The sri yantra is a representation of this idea of spirit, consciousness involution and matter evolution.

The idea can also be understood as Jacob's ladder. Each of us is an angel, a daimon, in earthly form.

If you can prove any of that I'll believe it. In the meantime I do not believe it.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If you can prove any of that I'll believe it. In the meantime I do not believe it.

no hiding theorem. consciousness can not be created, or destroyed, it is simply transferred to another form, to another system.

the sons of god were the prophets.

Matthew 5:9
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons(children) of God.

Judges 13:6
The woman went and said to her husband, “A man sent from God came to me! He looked like God’s angelic messenger—he was very awesome. I did not ask him where he came from, and he did not tell me his name.

Psalm 82:6
I thought, ‘You are gods; all of you are sons of the Most High.

John 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven—the Son of Man.

Revelation 21:17
He also measured its wall, one hundred forty-four cubits according to human measurement, which is also the angel’s.

have a nice trip. see you star fall

Matthew 2:2
2 saying, “Where is the one who is born king of the Jews? For we saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”

Revelation 9:1
Then the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the abyss.

Rev 22:16
I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Last edited:

DavidFirth

haha pot meet kettle :D

I say that because someone is going to have to prove they're right before I'll believe anything that contradicts God's word (of course they never can).

I have never claimed to be able prove my Christian beliefs though I can show evidence for them.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I say that because someone is going to have to prove they're right before I'll believe anything that contradicts God's word (of course they never can).

I have never claimed to be able prove my Christian beliefs though I can show evidence for them.

the elohim were rulers and judges. this is why it was prophets who originally led the people of israel. this is why there is a book called judges.

6 then his master shall bring him to God(or to the judges), and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates. righteousness is based on justice.

Moses appointed 70 rulers over Israel Jesus appointed 70 disciples to the nations.

like these folks

Matthew 12:28
Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

faith without fruit is belief without substance, impractical.

DavidFirth

the elohim were rulers and judges. this is why it was prophets who originally led the people of israel. this is why there is a book called judges.

6 then his master shall bring him to God(or to the judges), and he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, and he shall be his slave forever.

occasionally applied by way of deference to magistrates. righteousness is based on justice.

Moses appointed 70 rulers over Israel Jesus appointed 70 disciples to the nations.

like these folks

Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, in the new world, when the Son of Man will sit on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Your posts are so incomprehensible and deplorable to me that I choose to put you on ignore. I don't dislike you but I do dislike your posts.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Your posts are so incomprehensible and deplorable to me that I choose to put you on ignore. I don't dislike you but I do dislike your posts.

hmmmm the information is taken from the strong's concordance.

Isaiah 66:5
Hear the word of the Lord,
you who tremble at his word:
“Your brothers who hate you
and cast you out for my name's sake

have said ‘Let the Lord be glorified,
that we may see your joy’;
but it is they who shall be put to shame.

Luke 6:22
“Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!

Jeremiah 10:25
Pour out your wrath on the nations that know you not, and on the peoples that call not on your name, for they have devoured Jacob; they have devoured him and consumed him, and have laid waste his habitation.

Revelation 11:18
The nations raged, but your wrath came, and the time for the dead to be judged, and for rewarding your servants, the prophets and saints, and those who fear your name, both small and great, and for destroying the destroyers of the earth.”

Deidre

like these folks

I never understood ''judges.'' There is much of the Bible that I can make some sense of, but some of it is just ...contradictory and blatantly out there. When I imagine a deity, I don't see him/it as such. I wish the writers were a more articulate bunch. lol I wonder if it was their interpretation of what they were experiencing, or was it their own words and the stories just became lore?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I never understood ''judges.'' There is much of the Bible that I can make some sense of, but some of it is just ...contradictory and blatantly out there. When I imagine a deity, I don't see him/it as such. I wish the writers were a more articulate bunch. lol I wonder if it was their interpretation of what they were experiencing, or was it their own words and the stories just became lore?

you're basically sieving ideas through different experiences in space and time. this is why you have greater prophets and minor prophets....

books are like all other things to each individual, like a rorschach test they are going to see what they see because of the lenses they view the world from and through experiences.