• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

food you hate

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
I hate boiled tomatoes, boiled spinach and kimchi, or basically any cabbage, but I had kimchi in Korea once and I thought I was going to be sick. I ate it all though, with a smile on my face like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Eating the most awful thing in the world is better than hurting someone's feelings. And this older lady that had prepared dinner for us had the sweetest smile ever. She was either really happy that we liked it, or knew that we didn't and thought it was funny that we kept consuming the stuff. Either way, she was happy.:D

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Jensa, are trying to make us hurl by showing that pic? :) Even though I have never had NATTO, I am adding it to my list.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I even like Haggis. Really.

Head cheese? Yum!

Limburgher? Fry it up and it is to die for.

Chitlins??? Yeah baby!

Spinach and ANY dark green leafy vegetables??? Awesome.

I'm a reading y'all here, and I'm a gettin' a hankerin for some vittles! Possum Pie and grits with Armadillo on the half shell! SWWWWEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
onions
saurkrout, (or however thats spelled)
peppers
beans
sausage
... there's more, i just cant think of them

Squirt

Jensa said:
Natto is disgusting, rotten, icky, fermented, SLIMY soy beans that people in Japan, for some strange reason, actually EAT.

natto.jpg

EEEWWWW!
I'm sorry, but that doesn't even look like food!

ChrisP

Veteran Member
Jensa said:
And don't get me STARTED on natto...
mmmmnnn natto :) Y'know it's a delicacy over there ;) the tastes not so bad, but the stringy white gelatinous substance all over it always makes me think of that KFC story about the coleslaw...

Smoke

Done here.
I can't eat fat. I can eat fatty foods, like pepperoni or fried chicken, but I can't stand pieces of fat. I have to trim all the fat off of a steak or a pork chop. I can't even eat it to be polite. It makes me gag just to have it in my mouth.

I have a similar but less extreme reaction to milk. It's not a lactose thing; I can eat cheese, ice cream, yogurt, etc. I just can't drink milk. I can force it down if it's ice cold, but not without shuddering, and then I have to eat something to get the taste out of my mouth.

I also don't like organ meat, except for liver. Mainly chicken livers. I love chicken livers. But I can eat organ meat; I just don't like it.

Smoke

Done here.
dawny0826 said:
I won't eat red meat unless it's thoroughly and I mean thoroughly cooked either. And I had Buffalo once and well...never again...
I'm right with you on the cooking, but I like buffalo. I prefer it to beef.

dawny0826 said:
But I can't stand a walnut or a pecan in a confection. Wanna ruin a cookie or a banana bread for me? Add nuts. :eek:
Cookies are strictly verboten in our house right now, because we're trying to lose weight. But whenever I've made chocolate chip cookies, I've had to make them both with and without nuts. I don't like them without, and my better half doesn't like them with. (He also won't eat ice cream with nuts in it. Not even Praline Pecan Ice Cream, which is the food of the gods.)

Smoke

Done here.
Jensa said:
Natto is disgusting, rotten, icky, fermented, SLIMY soy beans that people in Japan, for some strange reason, actually EAT.

natto.jpg

EEEWWWW!
That looks to me like they've already eaten it. Still, I'll try most things once.

Smoke

Done here.
NetDoc said:
Limburgher? Fry it up and it is to die for.
Oh, I almost forgot. Aged brick.

I like brick cheese, mind you. But in 2003 my Uncle Bill tells me that the best cheese in the world is aged brick. I say, I like brick, but I've never had aged brick. He says brick isn't any good at all unless it's at least three years old. So we buy a block of aged brick in Milwaukee and bring it all the way back to South Carolina in a cooler. We invite people over to share it. Going to be real special, right?

Everybody in the room gasped when I opened it. It smelled like bad breath and dirty sweat socks and rancid garbage and vomit, all mixed together. It was ghastly. Nobody would even try it except me. I figured, maybe it tastes better than it smells. It tastes exactly like it smells.

So if a 90-year-old German gives you advice about cheese, beware. :tsk:

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Blue, I think Buttons would love to use your post above as ammunition against Standing Alone in the GREAT CHEESE DEBATE. I think your statements would make credible evidence for her case. :)

mrscardero

Kal-El's Mama
NetDoc said:
I'm a reading y'all here, and I'm a gettin' a hankerin for some vittles! Possum Pie and grits with Armadillo on the half shell! SWWWWEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!

I couldn't get possum pie so I got possum cake instead.
possumcake.jpg

plate.jpg
Your Grits

Armadillo on the half shell? Would you rather have Armadillo cake instead?

Armadillo6.jpg

I am sorry, but these pictures make me NOT want to eat what you are hankerin for :D

LongGe123

On the western front, I think blue cheese on the whole is a bit manky. I don't care for it. My worst enemy is definitely on the Eastern Front though, TOFU. Tofu is the most ridiculous and pointless food ever created. In the west it's a food strongly associated with vegetarianism, but here in China it's very cheap and part of the regular diet of ordinary people. They love it, we even get it for lunch in the schools I work in! It's that cheap! There's only one form of TOFU which is acceptable (unless you count the form of TOFU that's on fire and not being eaten by me), and that's the tofu strips, which is actually a bit like spaghetti. Most people don't eat it like this though, and so it's big cubes and thick strips all the way.

I don't care what anyone says, or whatever recipe you'd care to come up with. Tofu is the WORST food in the world. It's COMPLETELY and UTTERLY pointless. All you feel is soft, curdy mush breaking up in your mouth, and there's no taste, no matter what it has been soaking in. TOFU, my enemy, how I hate thee. How I rejoice in the knowledge that when I return to England to begin University, I'll not have to even look at you for 3 years before I return to China. When I do return, I'll be ready..I'll be ready to face thee and THY SHALL MEET THINE DOOM!

Really though, Tofu sucks.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Shall I whisper this??? No one has slammed spam yet! YUM!
Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
NetDoc said:
Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!Spam!

Good gracious! How could I forget Spam? Potted meat-type abomination?!:faint:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What is Spam supposed to be anyways, besides a smelly, squishy, all round nasty unknown substance? I will admit though, if its cooked just right, and mixed in with enough gravy, its not too bad.

I cant stand ANY condiments.
I hate most vegetables.
I don't like most sauces.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
MidnightBlue said:
Oh, I almost forgot. Aged brick.

I like brick cheese, mind you. But in 2003 my Uncle Bill tells me that the best cheese in the world is aged brick. I say, I like brick, but I've never had aged brick. He says brick isn't any good at all unless it's at least three years old. So we buy a block of aged brick in Milwaukee and bring it all the way back to South Carolina in a cooler. We invite people over to share it. Going to be real special, right?

Everybody in the room gasped when I opened it. It smelled like bad breath and dirty sweat socks and rancid garbage and vomit, all mixed together. It was ghastly. Nobody would even try it except me. I figured, maybe it tastes better than it smells. It tastes exactly like it smells.

So if a 90-year-old German gives you advice about cheese, beware. :tsk:
yes, cheese is NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...Blue, may i quote you? *smiles*

Squirt

MidnightBlue said:
I can't eat fat. I can eat fatty foods, like pepperoni or fried chicken, but I can't stand pieces of fat. I have to trim all the fat off of a steak or a pork chop. I can't even eat it to be polite. It makes me gag just to have it in my mouth.
That's how I am if I accidently bite into a piece of grissle. I literally gag, like I'm going to throw up. It's very embarrassing! :eek:

I have a similar but less extreme reaction to milk. It's not a lactose thing; I can eat cheese, ice cream, yogurt, etc. I just can't drink milk. I can force it down if it's ice cold, but not without shuddering, and then I have to eat something to get the taste out of my mouth.
Oh, I just LOVE milk. There is NOTHING I like better!