• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

food you hate

jewscout

Religious Zionist
we've had threads on food you like.
What's a food you hate.

i ABSOLUTELY hate macaroni and cheese.

just the smell of it makes me want to ralph YUCK!

No*s

Captain Obvious
jewscout said:
What's a food you hate.

I love mac and cheese (well, homemade m&c).

For me, I would add a lot of onion and potato dishes. If I try to eat mashed potatoes or baked potatoes, I get a gag reflex. I'm also not fond of beans, but not nearly as bad :).

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
No*s said:
For me, I would add a lot of onion and potato dishes.
:faint: I could live on onion and potato dishes! Preferrably made together.

I'm having a hard time thinking of any food I really hate....

Buttercup

Veteran Member
liver, mincemeat pie, spinach, some mushrooms, buttermilk. That's all I can think of for now..but the mincemeat pie should gag you just to read the word!

EDIT IN: NATTO

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
I've found my limit with dried squid and baby octopus. Its not that I can't eat them, they just refuse to stay eaten. There was some strange kind of Garlic Soup made with runny eggs and anchovies a girlfriend made for me once too. She loved it and was yapping it up telling me how good it was. I tried a couple of mouthfuls and, reinforced with some bread I'd been chewing before, returned it to the bowl it came from. That probably improved the recipe as far as I was concerned. Delicious!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I too am not fond of liver; there is nothing that I cannot eat, but many foods I would rather avoid.
They include tripe, pig's trotters, ox tongue, calves brains and paté de fois gras (for those who do not know, the French for Pate made from fat goose liver (This is 'cultured' by force-feeding geese with excess food; a tube is forced into their gullets, and the food is poured in.):mad:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
michel said:
I too am not fond of liver; there is nothing that I cannot eat, but many foods I would rather avoid.
They include tripe, pig's trotters, ox tongue, calves brains and paté de fois gras (for those who do not know, the French for Pate made from fat goose liver (This is 'cultured' by force-feeding geese with excess food; a tube is forced into their gullets, and the food is poured in.):mad:

I probably wouldn't eat those things either... but, can't say I hate them as I've never tried them (don't want to either).

Buttercup

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is way toooooooooo easy.

Top of the list:

1. Parsnips *the only truly evil vegatable*
2. Squash *shivers at the thought*
3. Liver *turns a pale shade of green thinking about it*
4. Any form of horseradish *gag*
5. Goat or lamb *sorry cannot even swallow it... ugggh*
6. Any kind of fat... I detest any kind of fat or skin... makes me gag instantly.
7. My grandma's Plum Pudding. *Sickeningly sweet. Totally disgusting.*
8. Tapioca *runs out of the room, with hand over mouth*
9. Veal
10. Eggnog

Paul,

Your list made me gag....but it wasn't the items themselves so much....it was the decriptions! Hee. I USED to like tapioca. Now, I'm not so sure.......

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I AVOID Man n' Cheese, but I don't hate it. That some consider it a "vegetable" amazes me!

I am not sure that I hate ANY food.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Buttercup said:
liver, mincemeat pie, spinach, some mushrooms, buttermilk. That's all I can think of for now..but the mincemeat pie should gag you just to read the word!

I hear you on the mincemeat pie. Blah! And the buttermilk. Makes me ill just thinking about it.

I think that collards and turnip greens and scary green leafies that you dunk in vinegar are gross and frightening.

And red beets...oh gosh...never in a million years.

I also don't like sweet pickles or yellow squash.

Thousand island dressing makes me cringe unless it's on a sandwich. I'm not into French dressing either.

And cauliflower...the smell of it cooking might as well be toxic.:faint:

I won't eat red meat unless it's thoroughly and I mean thoroughly cooked either. And I had Buffalo once and well...never again...

I eat chicken, turkey and sea critters, primarily. I do eat cow from time to time but I don't eat veal. And I'm really particular about pork. I can't cook raw bacon...it truly bothers me. I only buy the pre-cooked stuff.

Water chestnuts = Textured Nightmare (Yuk!)

Pearl onions and little baby corn are pretty scary as well. As are wax beans.

Anything pickled that isn't dill...:149: .

Oh and nuts...I like peanuts, almonds and hazelnuts a lot. And I don't mind these in chocolate. But I can't stand a walnut or a pecan in a confection. Wanna ruin a cookie or a banana bread for me? Add nuts. :eek:

Lastly, V-8 juice. The whole concept of drinking a veggie doesn't work for me.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
YmirGF said:
5. Goat or lamb *sorry cannot even swallow it... ugggh*
Maybe I could send some of my kids to stay... at least I know they'd be safe ;)

Uncooked Onions or Tomatos... Hell even cooked onions that aren't finely chopped.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I hated tomoatoes, pickles, mushrooms, and olives. Anything else, I'll pretty much eat.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I hate, hate, HATE the smell of tofu. I guess I'm just a sucky cook, because when I tried to cook it it came out tasting like... soy. I hate the taste of soy milk, the smell of soy in general...

And don't get me STARTED on natto...

Squirt

jewscout said:
What's a food you hate.

Mararoni and cheese? Oh, my gosh! I love that!

But, I hate:

1. Fruitcake
2. Avacados
3. Sweet potatoes and yams

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Buttercup said:
What's natto?
Natto is disgusting, rotten, icky, fermented, SLIMY soy beans that people in Japan, for some strange reason, actually EAT.

natto.jpg

EEEWWWW!

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Jensa said:
Natto is disgusting, rotten, icky, fermented, SLIMY soy beans that people in Japan, for some strange reason, actually EAT.

natto.jpg

EEEWWWW!

EEEWWWW is right. (Shudders)