• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

food you hate

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
The only foods I really hate are pork chops and brussel sprouts. I usually don't eat ham unless I'm really hungry, and I hate radishes and beets. I'm not crazy about eggs just by themselves, and can only eat ginger snaps while reading Gone with the Wind. I have no idea why. To many carrots or to much watermelon will make my mouth itch...maybe I'm allergic. Most fish will make me puke, and shrimp or raw clams...*covers mouth and runs to bathroom*

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Oh, I just LOVE milk. There is NOTHING I like better!

Oh, that's the other thing. More than any of the others I HATE HATE HATE milk!!!! It is so NASTY it makes me gag. It it only politeness that forces me to drink it in other people's homes.

I also hate okra (vegetables shouldn't be hairy) and grits. What on earth do people get out of eating grits??? It has no flavor and a horrid texture. It's like eating quicksand or something. Eww.

Okra and grits are awesome!!! Just not boiled okra...eeeewwww....

Okay, I have to say I hate baby animals. I can't eat veal or lamb. Deer is completely out of the question and muscles and squid are just plain gross!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE (gosh, I have a thing w/ capitals 2nite) deer, but lamb is gross. So is squid. I WILL NEVER EAT A SQUID!!! But muscles aren't all that bad, as much as I dislike seafood, unless I've caught it myself.

Squirt

Christiangirl0909 said:
The only foods I really hate are pork chops and brussel sprouts. I usually don't eat ham unless I'm really hungry, and I hate radishes and beets. I'm not crazy about eggs just by themselves, and can only eat ginger snaps while reading Gone with the Wind. I have no idea why. To many carrots or to much watermelon will make my mouth itch...maybe I'm allergic. Most fish will make me puke, and shrimp or raw clams...*covers mouth and runs to bathroom*

Oh, that's the other thing. More than any of the others I HATE HATE HATE milk!!!! It is so NASTY it makes me gag. It it only politeness that forces me to drink it in other people's homes.

Okra and grits are awesome!!! Just not boiled okra...eeeewwww....

I LOVE LOVE LOVE (gosh, I have a thing w/ capitals 2nite) deer, but lamb is gross. So is squid. I WILL NEVER EAT A SQUID!!! But muscles aren't all that bad, as much as I dislike seafood, unless I've caught it myself.
Oh my gosh, Girl! You and I have absolutely no food tastes in common!

Pork is my very favorite meat.
Beets are one of my favorite vegetables.
I love fish.
Life without milk simply wouldn't be worth living.

Okra and grits? You've got to be kidding!

M

Majikthise

Maize said:
Brussel sprouts are awesome! Just ask my 6 year-old. Really. :)

You know it!!
Isn't it great when they love vegatables? My kids can't get enough spinach.

I hate lobster(yuck!). When I was growing up my father worked the docks and the boat crews would give him lobsters as tips. We had lobster two or three nights a week, not to mention lobster sandwiches, lobster salad, lobster with spaghetti and anything else my mom could do with it.
I can't stand to look at it or smell it anymore. I'm getting ill thinking about it.:faint:

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Majikthise said:
I hate lobster(yuck!). When I was growing up my father worked the docks and the boat crews would give him lobsters as tips. We had lobster two or three nights a week, not to mention lobster sandwiches, lobster salad, lobster with spaghetti and anything else my mom could do with it.
I can't stand to look at it or smell it anymore. I'm getting ill thinking about it.:faint:

You're killing me Majikthise! I love lobster! I love all seafood, well except those horrid mucles and squid...blech!

Booko

Deviled Hen
jewscout said:
we've had threads on food you like.
What's a food you hate.

i ABSOLUTELY hate macaroni and cheese.

just the smell of it makes me want to ralph YUCK!

Maybe you should try my son's mac and cheese. If you mean that nasty boxed stuff, I have no idea why anyone would even eat it. It's about as tasty as used plastic. bleurgh!

I tried really hard to think of some food I hate. I finally thought of it: shrimp and lobster. (OK, I'm not fond of boiled cabbage either.)

It's not like I don't like bottom feeders. I like crabmeat just fine.

I don't like nasty, chemical-filled frozen prepared foods. Or rather, they do not like me. I'm allergic to dairy (except sheep's milk), and it's amazing how much milk they randomly stick in prepared foods. Eating out is a pain, unless it's Chinese or Middle Eastern food.

I like to cook my own stuff. Then I know what's in it. Besides, I think cooking is great fun.

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
Maize said:
Ok, I won't eat liver, ....... - it's just kinda gross when you think about it.

Yup, that's the one. The smell......the squishy, yucky, gross texture........bleah!
:p *looking for the ralphing smiley*

Booko

Deviled Hen
1nharmony said:
Yup, that's the one. The smell......the squishy, yucky, gross texture........bleah!
:p *looking for the ralphing smiley*

Sounds like you've had some seriously overcooked liver. No wonder you hated it.

I don't eat liver, but not because I hate it. The liver's job is to clear toxins from the bloodstream. Considering the level of toxins in our food chain, I think I'll give it a miss.

Maybe if I could find liver from a grass-fed cow where pesticides are not used I might consider eating it. That would probably involve a trip to Botswana, so maybe I'll just stick with my bison meatloaf. :)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
:eek:What???:eek:
Surely, no one can ANYTHING but good to say about America's grain: corn. My very favorite dish is creamed corn! Say it ain't so PM!​

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Oh I have to ND. It's awful stuff. Reminds me of baby food. My children like it just fine, but I'd rather eat it off the cob. :sorry1:

A

angellous_evangellous

I hate turkey pastrami. My wife eats it in sandwiches and I want to hurl.

I hate liver. My mom cooked it once when I was a kid. I still recall the awful smell and even worse taste.