• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Florida Bill Prevents Kids from Studying Subjects Their Parents Don’t Agree With"

Rational Agnostic

Hubert, you are so laughable, not just to mention that you moved the goal post.

ABSOLUTELY... if someone wants to pull their child out so as to not learn about Jesus... go right ahead and pull the child!!!

So, I, an atheist, believe that every child has a right to learn about Jesus, and you, a Christian pastor, do not believe this. LOL, what a strange world...

Rational Agnostic

Does this make any sense? You have lost me completely!

You said:

ABSOLUTELY... if someone wants to pull their child out so as to not learn about Jesus... go right ahead and pull the child!!!

I disagree with this. I think that every child has a right to learn about Jesus, and if I had a child who wanted to believe in Jesus, I would not try to stop them. But, you, apparently, have affirmed that you believe in absolute parental authority, even if that parental authority conflicts with the ideals of your own religion. Unless you have decided to change your mind about your earlier statement.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
if someone wants to pull their child out so as to not learn about Jesus... go right ahead and pull the child!!!

So, I, an atheist, believe that every child has a right to learn about Jesus, and you, a Christian pastor, do not believe this. LOL, what a strange world...

My statement and your statement don't match. You changed the goal post.

I disagree with this. I think that every child has a right to learn about Jesus, and if I had a child who wanted to believe in Jesus, I would not try to stop them. But, you, apparently, have affirmed that you believe in absolute parental authority, even if that parental authority conflicts with the ideals of your own religion. Unless you have decided to change your mind about your earlier statement.

We aren't talking about children but parental rights. You don't have the right to raise my children and I don't have the right to raise yours.

Whether I believe every child has a right to hear about Jesus doesn't trump the parents rights.

Twisting what we were talking about to fit your desires is the basis on how fake news starts.

Would you like to restate your questions/position or are you just wanting to move goal posts ;)

You are on a roll. :D

Shad

Veteran Member
And dull them, bore them, and get them used to long hard boring life in something most likely designed to have a similar nature as a prison.

Some jobs are like that anyways or based on personal view.

Something in education have got to change. "Teaching the [nonexistent and totally made up] controversy" is not one of them, except to purge creationism from science classes.

First step in my view is removing the authority of school boards to create the curriculum. In Canada school boards handle funding be it spending, accounting, shortfalls, etc. Teachers and the government set the curriculum not board members. This cuts out people that only want to be on the board in order to shove their religious babble down people's throat via government. Government and the teacher's union(s) would have to be taken over by those with a religious agenda to see anything like Creationism make it into a school text up here. That is highly unlikely to happen at this time.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then let's give them a gun.
Actually, where I'm from most kids do learn how to shoot young (I was around 6 or 7 starting with a BB gun, real thing around 10 (and always strictly supervised)) and have rifles and shotguns many years before adulthood. I think I also started archery around 7 my first bow at around 11. So, theres also that.