• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flood Evidences — revised

Audie

Veteran Member
But I see so many articles making that claim:rolleyes:

To be serious C14 dating is used in some ice cores. But one can only do that in relatively shallow areas where the individual layers of annual deposition can be counted as well. Counting thousands upon thousands of layers is tedious and adds the chance of human error. C14 dating destroys part of the ice core. So they each have their drawbacks. The problem is that both can and have been used for those younger dates and the problems that the bogus article brought up do not seem to occur. I wonder why?

But for deeper layers other methods are used such as Argon/Argon, 238U to 234U and others. For anything more than 50,000 years old neither county not C14 are viable options. But by that time we are far beyond any flood date and the ice still does not float in the world of the creationist.

Preachin' to the choir, amen bro

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Then dont start something you cannot finish.
You want to just dump a gish then take no
responsibility for your falsehoods.

Your density extrapolation method indicates that in
South Dakota there were so many mammoths
that it was virtually standing room only.

mammoth site black hills south dakota - Google Search:

When you have time from your busy schedule, do
try to figure out this thaw-uncover-rot-rebury thing.

There may be a Nobel, right there!

Ponder not, nay, ponder not that polar ice
disproves any flood theory.
For lo, therein lies the dissolution of Faith.
(in woo woo).
I am very much convinced by his argument, though I doubt that he will be pleased, since what I am convinced about has nothing to do with the claim he is trying to support.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There’s no possibility that you could “cut off every escape,” and ‘devastate’ my understanding of history!
I presented too much evidence, supporting my view of the global deluge...

From the millions of mammoths and other animals which died catastrophically encased within the permafrost and ice fields all across the extreme northern latitudes,

to the hundreds of Flood legends showcasing many similarities,
to the Greek, Roman, Hindu, Norse, etc., myths’ parallels that depict life as described before the Flood @ Genesis 6:1-4,

to the geologically-young-looking high altitude mountain ranges w/ very little erosion evident,

to those ideal ratios of the Ark outlined in Genesis producing a very seaworthy vessel,

to the Chinese character for “ship”,

to the “Day of the Dead” and similar celebrations held by various cultures around the world at the same time of year that Genesis says the Flood occurred, Jewish calendar!

You keep avoiding that, for obvious reasons.

What are “obvious reasons” for me to avoid the suggestion of scavenging before burial? (BTW, the discoveries indicate some were scavenged, not all...and comparatively few have been found.)
That is no fact...the scavenging could have happened after burial, as I stated...during a warmer-than-usual period, or a few warmer periods! Some remains have been found in, and dredged up from, the Bering Sea.
Wow!

Audie

Veteran Member

to the geologically-young-looking high altitude mountain ranges w/ very little erosion evident,

The above one puzzles me some. "young looking"?
"high altitude mountain range"?

And "very little erosion evident".

So speaketh one who has absolutely and one
hundred percent of not a clue about even very basic
intro to remedial geology 089.

Where would one even start?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

Lol!

I’ve probably forgotten more about geology than you’ve ever known.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
“Around 90 per cent of Siberian mammoth tusks – more than 60 tonnes a year – end up in China or Hong Kong...”

Who are the hunters of rare mammoth tusks in Russia?

(No woo-woo site)

This is just those in Siberia! Every year! Consistently, apparently.

(Sad that greed is destroying a proper scientific examination of these sites.)
They all died the same day too? All flash frozen with buttercups in their mouths. It is the buttercups that show their love.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Ah. And what did you think of my mammoth in SD
calculation?
Shoulder obviously. I believe that these giants were packed so tight that entire cultures sprang up on their backs. At some point many of the global legends tell us that people thought that the mammoths would save them from the flood. Being so tall and everyone being on their backs.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

There is not enough time and space to provide the education that would be required to understand where the deep end is and how he has gone off it.

Perhaps the ratio that can be determined from the figures presented in the Bible would approximate optimal ratios for a cargo ship of the same size, but that would have nothing to do with verification of the flood. It might support the idea that one of the authors of the story had some knowledge of boat construction. It might mean that a boat built on those specs would float. But it says nothing about a global flood.

I wondered if inclusion of claims about the Chinese character were serious or if they showed a level of desperation where everything is flung at the wall, hoping something would stick. It has to be a joke. No serious person would include it. Then I look at the rest of the list and, no joke. It was intentionally included to represent some sort of evidence.

I would say that more has been forgotten than just some geology.

Audie

Veteran Member
“Around 90 per cent of Siberian mammoth tusks – more than 60 tonnes a year – end up in China or Hong Kong...”

(No woo-woo site)

Too bad you are still having to think about
how to "explain" how frozen mammoths got
uncovered, thawed and scavenged, and then
buried and frozen again.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

(No woo-woo site)

I notice that the material at the end of your link points to climate change and over hunting as the reason for the extinction of mammoths. No mention that all of them were wiped out in a global flood or that all the tusks come from mammoths that died the same day.

Audie

Veteran Member
I notice that the material at the end of your link points to climate change and over hunting as the reason for the extinction of mammoths. No mention that all of them were wiped out in a global flood or that all the tusks come from mammoths that died the same day.

The only source for that info is woo woo.

The great thing about being a creo is it is so easy!

You can know more than any scientist on earth
by browsing a few creosites.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The only source for that info is woo woo.

The great thing about being a creo is it is so easy!

You can know more than any scientist on earth
by browsing a few creosites.
Well, it is a proven fact that just visiting one of those sites confers at least three PhD degrees and imparts a minimum of 60 years of research experience to the viewer.