• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Five million man: proofs of key problems

Altfish

Veteran Member
Give me goodwill and benefit of the doubt. How many Einsteins were in 1905? Just one.
You cannot accuse science of not being doubtful; good scientists are careful and publish expecting to be criticised and corrected.
Science changes as more knowledge is discovered.

When does religion change?

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
tenor.gif

Thanks for that.

Was there someone in particular that you were aiming this thread at?

I had asked questfortruth if he would share the full text of the papers he's submitted that were rejected by various journals (he felt unfairly so, in a previous thread). I actually appreciate that he shared the full texts, because it makes it more clear why these journals rightly rejected his papers.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
I repeat again: papers were rejected without review.

The fact that papers weren't formally reviewed doesn't mean no one read any part of them. They were likely rejected outright (ie without formal review) because even quickly perusing the papers makes their errors (even in grammar) obvious.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Style and text were checked by a respectful PhD from Tartu University.

That appears to be a University in Estonia. Was the paper originally written in another language and then translated to English?

You do not know. Perhaps no one read a single line.

I understand how peer review works, in terms of the general process. Why do you think a journal would reject your papers without reading a single line? Why would multiple journals do so?

Daemon Sophic

I had asked questfortruth if he would share the full text of the papers he's submitted that were rejected by various journals (he felt unfairly so, in a previous thread). I actually appreciate that he shared the full texts, because it makes it more clear why these journals rightly rejected his papers.
The fact that papers weren't formally reviewed doesn't mean no one read any part of them. They were likely rejected outright (ie without formal review) because even quickly perusing the papers makes their errors (even in grammar) obvious.
I thought so, but it just seemed odd as a new thread OP, rather than a response in an ongoing thread. I thought perhaps @Altfish had hit the wrong button while sending. :shrug:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Style and text were checked by a respectful PhD from Tartu University.

You do not know. Perhaps no one read a single line.

I did. And if I was the editor, I would have rejected them summarily. If I were a referee, I would let the editor know they weren't even worthy of being read.

In all of them, trivial logical errors appear once you get past the diatribe about people looking for problems (yes, that is the whole point of a referee and editor).

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
You cannot accuse science of not being doubtful; good scientists are careful and publish expecting to be criticised and corrected.
Science changes as more knowledge is discovered.

When does religion change?

Never. Religion is as staple as gravity. It being totality single and one religion, it is always exactly the same over all time and all places and it has never changed. Now read a paper on that and submit it and see how far you get.

You are aware of this, right?
religion | Definition, Types, & List of Religions

Altfish

Veteran Member
Never. Religion is as staple as gravity. It being totality single and one religion, it is always exactly the same over all time and all places and it has never changed. Now read a paper on that and submit it and see how far you get.

You are aware of this, right?
religion | Definition, Types, & List of Religions
Change is good. We used to have steam engines, now we have high speed electric train. That is advancement. Religion stagnates.

Papers about religion are few because science doesn't accept 'magic'; it needs explanations, repeatability, etc.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Change is good. We used to have steam engines, now we have high speed electric train. That is advancement. Religion stagnates.

Papers about religion are few because science doesn't accept 'magic'; it needs explanations, repeatability, etc.

Well, religion is not science, the study of religion can be science, but religion as such do change. Or do you deny that religion changes at all?