• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Step Act on hold in Senate

Do support the First Strp Act?

• Yes, I support it

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • No, I don’t support it

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I want to support, in principle, but I can’t because President Trump supports it and I hate him ;)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shaul

Premium Member
Got a better source with more information? The New York Post is owned by Fox and is a tabloid outlet. (not a good information source)
Leave it to you to try to make this a Left/Right issue. Even the ACLU agrees the First Step Act is a good idea.

How the FIRST STEP Act Moves Criminal Justice Reform Forward

Imagine that, the ACLU agrees with President Trump.

Oh, and your comments on the New York Post are leftist malarkey. It is credible news source.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Leave it to you to try to make this a Left/Right issue. Even the ACLU agrees the First Step Act is a good idea.

Oh, and your comments on the New York Post are leftist malarkey. It is credible news source.
Thanks for posting better information. The New York Post is a tabloid outlet, not credible news source. Next you're going to tell me the National Enquirer is a credible news source. Does it bother you that abortion is legal in Israel?

BTW, I'm against this bill. And you shouldn't assume everyone supports the ACLU opinion on certain topics.

"could lead to unconstitutional government spending on religious programming"

That's a problem right there, republicans and corporate policy want to privatize the prison industry. This allows crooked corporations to receive my tax dollars at a premium. You must realize this is all done in the name of capitalism, not for the well being of the inmates.

Shaul

Premium Member
Thanks for posting better information. The New York Post is a tabloid outlet, not credible news source. Next you're going to tell me the National Enquirer is a credible news source. Does it bother you that abortion is legal in Israel?

BTW, I'm against this bill. And you shouldn't assume everyone supports the ACLU opinion on certain topics.

That's a problem right there, republicans and corporate policy want to privatize the prison industry. This allows crooked corporations to receive my tax dollars at a premium. You must realize this is all done in the name of capitalism, not for the well being of the inmates.
The New York Post is the fourth largest newspaper in the U.S. Being owned by News Corp does not lessen it as a news source, notwithstanding your obvious bias.

I have no issues with Israel’s abortion laws.

tytlyf

Not Religious
The New York Post is the fourth largest newspaper in the U.S. Being owned by News Corp does not lessen it as a news source, notwithstanding your obvious bias.

I have no issues with Israel’s abortion laws.
Oh, I get it now. That's like how Fox says they have the highest ratings. And your conclusion is "Highest ratings/viewership = Highest credibility/truth"

That's not how it works.

Ratings =/= truth
Ratings = entertainment value

Shaul

Premium Member
Oh, I get it now. That's like how Fox says they have the highest ratings. And your conclusion is "Highest ratings/viewership = Highest credibility/truth"

That's not how it works.

Ratings =/= truth
Ratings = entertainment value
Yeah, yeah, whatever.

Now, do you have any comments on the First Step Act, or not?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

If it isn't Salon, Slate, MSNBC, Mother Jones, Alternet, Wa Po or NYT,
the left doesn't trust any source.

Just kidding!
(Sort of.)

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Fake news. :p

I don't know, haven't seen anything about privatization or religious spending both trigger words for democrats.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If it isn't Salon, Slate, MSNBC, Mother Jones, Alternet, Wa Po or NYt,
the left doesn't trust any source.

Just kidding!
(Sort of.)
I say the same about the right outside of Youtube, the National Enquirer and usually Fox.

Not kidding.