• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally! More Young Americans Accept Evolution than Believe in Creationism...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There are two levels of ignorance.
those who are not informed are ignorant.
they who CHOOSE to ignore are profoundly ignorant.
What happens when you investigate something (to the extent possible), & one still lacks answers?

outhouse

Atheistically
I prefer my stance of honesty over your false bravado

Yes I have always found you to be truthful as one gets in a debate forum.

I cannot say that for others who ONLY proselytize their own definitions they created in a fashion that often used the opposite stance

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
The word "reality" is reality. Either it is a reality or it isn't.

There is no need to prefix it with the word "absolute".

People, who prefix something that needs no prefixing, are just playing word game.

Like Spiny said:

...it is just nonsense, and it is only ever used by religions, which actually bear no reality. What Hinduism and Buddhism (the ones that use "Ultimate Reality") is often distorting the definition to the word, "reality", for its own sake.
So says a self labeled gnostic who claims he is not a gnostic but an agnostic but who in fact expresses the views of an atheist.... It is not possible to have a rational exchange if the leopard keeps changing its spot....for heavens sake man..:rolleyes:

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
At the time I joined RF, I was reading and researching Gnosticism, especially from the Nag Hammadi codices.

It just a name, Ben.

Whether I called my avatar gnostic or agnostic, I don't think anyone wouldn't be making such a big fuss that you are making with my avatar's name.

If I called myself Jesus, Brahma, Vishnu, or Zeus, would you really believe that's my name? If I call myself tiger or dino, would you really think I am big striped cat or a dinosaur?

Stop making such big stink over name, Ben, because you are sounding petty.
Well what are you...a gnostic, an agnostic, or an atheist?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
None of the scriptures in the world of the current religions have even a fraction of quarter percent of any real knowledge of the universe, because religions only revolve around make believe pseudoscience.

The whole "absolute reality" or universe being "conscious", because you equate the universe with God or Brahman, just show how little you know about the universe.
But this is the talk of an atheist....naturally because you believe God is a man made myth, you are programmed to reject the mystical reality beyond the 5% physical part of the universe that atheists are concerned with....happy as pigs in mud...:D

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
But this is the talk of an atheist....naturally because you believe God is a man made myth, you are programmed to reject the mystical reality beyond the 5% physical part of the universe that atheists are concerned with....happy as pigs in mud...:D
You keep repeating this "5% physical part" as though it is some sort of fact.
What is your source for this "5%"?

gnostic

The Lost One
So says a self labeled gnostic who claims he is not a gnostic but an agnostic but who in fact expresses the views of an atheist.... It is not possible to have a rational exchange if the leopard keeps changing its spot....for heavens sake man..:rolleyes:
Oh, good grief. :facepalm:

Does your pettiness knows no bound?

My last reply to you, should have put it to rest this subject of me being really agnostic, but choosing gnostic for a name. But you can't seem to put anything to rest; you just keep digging at it, until you have successfully irritated me.

Well, Ben, guess what? ...you have successfully irritated me.

At the same time that I was reading and researching gnostic literature, I was doing the same with Jewish or rabbinic literature, ugaritic literature, Mesopotamian literature and Egyptian literature, the year I had joined RF. Gnosticism wasn't the only theme that I researching.

If I had called myself Horus, here, it would just be a name for my avatar; it wouldn't mean and doesn't mean that I believe in the the Egyptian sky god.

If I had called myself Ba'al or El, here, it would just be a name for my avatar; it wouldn't mean and doesn't mean that I believe in the the Ugaritic-Canaanite thunder god or sky god.

If I had called myself Israel or Rabbi, here, it would just be a name for my avatar; it wouldn't mean and doesn't mean that I'm Jewish.

I just happens to chose one name during my research.

That you are still b1tching about the name that I have chosen for my avatar or login, just show what a contemptible guy you really up.

Well, stuff it, Ben. I am not going to change my avatar's name because of your say-so.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
You keep repeating this "5% physical part" as though it is some sort of fact.
What is your source for this "5%"?
http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblo...ns-the-strange-dark-side-of-the-universe.html
images

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Oh, good grief. :facepalm:

Does your pettiness knows no bound?

My last reply to you, should have put it to rest this subject of me being really agnostic, but choosing gnostic for a name. But you can't seem to put anything to rest; you just keep digging at it, until you have successfully irritated me.

Well, Ben, guess what? ...you have successfully irritated me.

At the same time that I was reading and researching gnostic literature, I was doing the same with Jewish or rabbinic literature, ugaritic literature, Mesopotamian literature and Egyptian literature, the year I had joined RF. Gnosticism wasn't the only theme that I researching.

If I had called myself Horus, here, it would just be a name for my avatar; it wouldn't mean and doesn't mean that I believe in the the Egyptian sky god.

If I had called myself Ba'al or El, here, it would just be a name for my avatar; it wouldn't mean and doesn't mean that I believe in the the Ugaritic-Canaanite thunder god or sky god.

If I had called myself Israel or Rabbi, here, it would just be a name for my avatar; it wouldn't mean and doesn't mean that I'm Jewish.

I just happens to chose one name during my research.

That you are still *****ing about the name that I have chosen for my avatar or login, just show what a contemptible guy you really up.

Well, stuff it, Ben. I am not going to change my avatar's name because of your say-so.
Stop obfuscating and admit you are an atheist...do you actually..

a) Accept that God exists as a reality..
b) Do not accept God as a reality...
c) Are not yet sure if God is or is not a reality..

You will feel better when you have made up your mind and have come out of the closet...

prometheus11

Stop obfuscating and admit you are an atheist...do you actually..

a) Accept that God exists as a reality..
b) Do not accept God as a reality...
c) Are not yet sure if God is or is not a reality..

You will feel better when you have made up your mind and have come out of the closet...

What's the problem with a person being "undeclared?" Plenty of people consider multiple philosophies without selecting a particular stance. No problems except for the one looking to pigeon hole the other by expansion of a particular label's definition.

As to dark matter and dark energy: they do what they do. Because we don't understand the mechanism by which they work does not imply Odin, unicorns, or any other invisible and undetectable object of mythology. Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.