• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female Muslims... please explain

Abu Rashid

Kerr said:
We are not just people obsessed with desire who want to look at naked skin.

Perhaps not only.. right.

But it does pain many Western men who see women who are not "available" to them (or to anyone like them). Who are chaste and moral and modest and reject them. They wish to see all women loose and "available" and at least open to their advances or someone's advances. The idea of a woman dedicating herself to God and to her husband and family etc. is completely contrary to the whole Western lifestyle. Quite simply they consider her a "waste", and they cannot stand to see a good thing goto "waste".

You can deny it all you like, but this is the reality. Otherwise Western men would not concern themselves with these issues.

Abu Rashid

Anne, I'm referring to all "concerns" Western men often so vocally express about Muslim women's chasteness and modesty.

Just goto any thread in this forum about the issue, and you'll find mostly atheist/secular western men ranting on about their noble quest to "liberate" the poor oppressed Muslim women from the evil "misogyny" of Islam.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

But it does pain many Western men who see women who are not "available" to them (or to anyone like them). Who are chaste and moral and modest and reject them. They wish to see all women loose and "available" and at least open to their advances or someone's advances. The idea of a woman dedicating herself to God and to her husband and family etc. is completely contrary to the whole Western lifestyle. Quite simply they consider her a "waste", and they cannot stand to see a good thing goto "waste".

You can deny it all you like, but this is the reality. Otherwise Western men would not concern themselves with these issues.

This has been, to some extent, my experience as well. Although I don't think it's quite as far reaching as you seem to think.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Anne, I'm referring to all "concerns" Western men often so vocally express about Muslim women's chasteness and modesty.

Just goto any thread in this forum about the issue, and you'll find mostly atheist/secular western men ranting on about their noble quest to "liberate" the poor oppressed Muslim women from the evil "misogyny" of Islam.
Okay, I admit I haven't read every single thread on this forum, but from what I've seen here on RF, the issue most people (men and women) have with Islam in regards to women relate to how she is treated, not how she chooses to conduct herself.

In other words, the criticism is not directed at a woman's choice to be abstinent or to dress modestly. It's directed at things like the apparent Islamic justification for hitting a woman. While you might think it's perfectly normal, the rest of us think otherwise.

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
Abu Rashid said:

This has been, to some extent, my experience as well. Although I don't think it's quite as far reaching as you seem to think.
I suppose if one watches some of the more idiotic shows on TV here in the US, one could get that impression of Western society.

However, I'm living in the thick of it, and I've seen nothing but traditional families, with wives dedicating their lives to their faiths, husbands, and children. This is how I live, how the women around me live, and no one is pressuring us to do any differently.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
I suppose if one watches some of the more idiotic shows on TV here in the US, one could get that impression of Western society.

I don't watch TV.

However, I'm living in the thick of it, and I've seen nothing but traditional families, with wives dedicating their lives to their faiths, husbands, and children. This is how I live, how the women around me live, and no one is pressuring us to do any differently.

From what I understand, the majority of the Western population is dominated by youths and young adults. What about them?

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It isn't, Anne. I support any woman who chooses to cover up and submit to her husband. That's her business, and I don't fault her for that.

If it's forced on her to cover up, or she is harassed continuously to do so, and she feels better flaunting herself more openly, then I have something to say about it. Covering up or exposing skin, chaste or loose, loud or quiet, let her be. Stop telling her how to be a proper woman. Stop coercing her to act a certain way, talk a certain way, dress a certain way.....whether one wants to see more skin or less of it. Just leave her alone to make her own decisions over her body, her mind, and how she contributes to all facets of society - political, religious, and domestic.

THAT is women's liberation.

301ouncer

I suppose if one watches some of the more idiotic shows on TV here in the US, one could get that impression of Western society..

TV? lol. Reality TV more like.

I could actually list to you 3 to 4 real life stories of secular people I met during my career.

One real life story dwarf the next. By the way most of them are well paid with proffessional jobs and what I call comfortable middle class. :cover:

Kerr

Cannot say that is how I look at things. And I cannot say I have met men who has given expression to that line of though either.

Or you have not yet understood what it is about. Freedom.

Besides there are many woman who stand by what I say.

Kerr

I don´t concern myself with how other people dresses. I mean, of course I can have my own opinions, but in the end... It is their choice, and as long as it is that and not something someone else decides for them then I am satisfied.

I am not sure what you speak of is an expression of that. But really, you can twist and turn it both ways.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's directed at things like the apparent Islamic justification for hitting a woman.

I'm certainly not arguing with you here, since i don't believe in this concept, but i want to explain something. It is not a justification for hitting women. Those who hold that opinion, all have mentioned that never in their lives did they resort to it. Also, they clarified that it's not hitting, more of a symbolic thing. The way it is put sometimes might give you a worse impression. But, the way i heard it explained, this view, i mean about the symbolic hitting, is like it's merely used not to fix the problem with hitting, because obviously adults don't get straightened out by a good beating, but it's like to show the seriousness of the situation. Like if you grab someone by the hands or something like that.

However, also, It is always clarified that this is in the very extreme situations, which would mean that most people wouldn't face that situation in their lives, which is the case.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Cannot say that is how I look at things. And I cannot say I have met men who has given expression to that line of though either.

Or you have not yet understood what it is about. Freedom.

Besides there are many woman who stand by what I say.

I'm one of them who stands by what you say. :yes:

301ouncer

"Liberation" :D

DV04-7365.jpg

AN ant to an Elephant.

2462555463_53a0e3c5e8.jpg

301ouncer

You do know that is not how all western woman dress, right?

Most the ones around where I used to live did. Only the old and "out of shapes" did not.

You know what? actually even out of shap go even worse in order to compete.

I also seen some 60 year old woman trying to copy the style of teenager.

I have seen it all. You can not try to convience me otherwise.

Kerr

Right. But even if they do, so what? She's just as beautiful as the veiled woman.
Personally I wouldn´t say that in this case. But to be honest, that is nothing that can be debated because it comes into the area of personal taste (not saying my "taste" is better then anyone elses, by the way). Women can be beautiful no matter if they have little cloths or much cloths.

301ouncer

Right. But even if they do, so what? She's just as beautiful as the veiled woman.

LOL. This is a madworld.

One gives you broken home and STD's and HIV's and moral decedence and the other give you beautifull homes, security, tangulity and peace.

Indeed. This is a madworld.

I believe just because of the purity of our woman touched a bad nerve in your vains. :sorry1:

Last edited: