• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

February average temperatures - disturbing

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Interesting how this second half of your post sounded like a communist dictator threatening his public. "You will comply, or else!!!"
Just sayin'.
It is not a threat. It is simply reality. We are running out of oil. Nothing can change that fact. "Drill baby drill" can only delay the end for a short time and perhaps in a disastrous way. It would be much better to get off because of a better product, and EV's are already beating the pants off of cars in most ways, they just have a little engineering to catch up on. And second, I know that you do not like it, but the global community can and will tax others. No country exists on its own. Out of self defense others will impose taxes on those that insist on polluting.

Tell me, what would you do if your neighbors kept dumping their trash on your yard? Should there be a law against that?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Uh huh. Don't get angry just because you are wrong.
Looks like you aren't willing to learn and admit your mistake.
Here, I'll do what you aren't willing to do: "Weaponize: To exploit for the purpose of attacking a person or group, or for spreading discord."

Do you recognize your error now?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Looks like you aren't willing to learn and admit your mistake.
Here, I'll do what you aren't willing to do: "Weaponize: To exploit for the purpose of attacking a person or group, or for spreading discord."

Do you recognize your error now?
Yes, you were using the word wrong too.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No need to become defensive.
Just trying to educate you.
No, by the definition that you used, not the one that you quoted, the example that I gave was right. You used that term improperly just as I did.

You really should not quote mine. You ignored this part of my post that showed that it was not "weaponizing":

Tell me, what would you do if your neighbors kept dumping their trash on your yard? Should there be a law against that?

Laniakea

Not of this world
Ive read enough of your posts to know by now that "educating" is the last thing on your mind. Like religious zealots throughout history, your goal is to infect everybody with the virus that's overtaken your brain.

You sound angry.
I suggest you sit down, take a stress pill, and think things over.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In other words you can't show that they considered it and you can't logically dispute it.

Even that statement is illogical since numerous scientific sources have concluded that it's largely higher CO2 and methane gas levels that is leading to most of the average temperature increases over the last century. Maybe do some research and check out NOAA, NASA, the NAS, Scientific American, etc. We are dealing with average temperatures, not some addition of daytime temperatures whereas an extra day somehow is to be added.

IOW, it's pretty much common sense how these averages have been correlated. If you can't even see that, well... :shrug:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Even that statement is illogical since numerous scientific sources have concluded that it's largely higher CO2 and methane gas levels that is leading to most of the average temperature increases over the last century. Maybe do some research and check out NOAA, NASA, the NAS, Scientific American, etc. We are dealing with average temperatures, not some addition of daytime temperatures whereas an extra day somehow is to be added.

IOW, it's pretty much common sense how these averages have been correlated. If you can't even see that, well... :shrug:
What many deniers cannot understand is that it is the overall pattern that shouts AGW right now. If we had just one month of "warmest month ever" it would be a matter of concern. But it was not just one month. It was July, and August, and September, and October, and November, and December, and January and February. All of them the warmest months ever since we started taking such records 174 years ago. This should not even be coin flip if it was just by odds. The odds of being the hottest month ever over a 174 period should be one out of 174 if it was random. If it was random the odds of getting seven hottest months in a row would be one out of ten ten to the one hundred forty seventh power.

Clearly it is not just luck. Something is clearly driving the temperature up. And we can measure sun radiance and find that the sun is not the source. What is rather annoying is that deniers refuse to learn even the basics of the Greenhouse Effect. Something we have known about for how long? Well over one hundred years. It might even be about two hundred years. Add another blanket on a bed and if everything else is the same do you get warmer or colder?