• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Movie Quote of All Time

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!

I've got my country to run, my wedding to plan, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it. I'm swamped!
Well, get some rest; if you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
It is my opinion that the Princess Bride has more (and better) quotes than any other movie. It is indeed my favorite movie of all time.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
"It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared." - Apocalypse Now!

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
"You fell pray to one of the classic blunders. The most well known of course is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less known is never go in with a Sicilian when death is on the line...ha ha ha ha...." (falls over dead).

ravenstrike

Court Jester
k, without a doubt "He who makes a beast out of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man" from "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas"

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
Well as long as you guys stop saying it. Ahhhhhhh, I said it again. Stop saying it. AHHHHHHH!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
"Your mother was a hampster, and your father smelled of eldeberries!" - Monty Python, The search for the Holy Grail

"Sir, I have a cunning plan." - Baldrick in Black Adder

Kurtz: I expected someone like you. What did you expect? Are you an assassin?
Willard: I'm a soldier.
Kurtz: You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

Winona Ryder: I thought you were dead?
Ripley: Yeah, I get that a lot. -- Aliens 4

Gandalf: You - shall not - PASS! - Lord of the Pinky Ring Thingy

Nicholson: "Son, you can't handle the truth!" - A few good Neo-cons

"Is that a pistol in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?" - Mae West

cardero

Citizen Mod
Some of the most outrageous quotes can be found in 20th Century Fox's cult classic BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS

Ronnie (Z-Man) Barzell: This is my happening and it freaks me out!
Ronnie (Z-Man) Barzell: You will drink the black sperm of my vengence.

Kelly: Up yours, Ratso!
Kelly: When does ANY party start? When you get there!

Ashley St. Ives: You're a groovy boy. I'd like to strap you on sometime.

“The act of death has caused another life to be reborn. Together we share the wonder of human existence, and let there be no doubt that all of us are brothers. There can be no beginning or ending that does not in some way touch another, for our actions affect the lives and destinies of the many. You must each decide what your life will be. You must always know that a hand extended to your fellow man is a gesture of love, love that asks nothing, expects nothing; it is simply there. And if love is in you, then gentle will be all your steps as you walk beyond this valley.”
-The ending dialogue in the film BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
"Yo laser lips, Your mama was a snowblower!"

"They traveled millions of light years looking for intelligent life and missed by one house."

"A man who fears nothing is a man who loves nothing.
And if you love nothing, what joy do you have in your life?"

"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Trey of Diamonds

Look around you. In the 7th cavalry, we've got a captain from the Ukraine; another from Puerto Rico. We've got Japanese, Chinese, Blacks, Hispanics, Cherokee Indians. Jews and Gentiles. All Americans. Now here in the states, some of you in this unit may have experienced discrimination because of race or creed. But for you and me now, all that is gone. We're moving into the valley of the shadow of death, where you will watch the back of the man next to you, as he will watch yours. And you won't care what color he is, or by what name he calls God. They say we're leaving home. We're going to what home was always supposed to be. Now let us understand the situation. We are going into battle against a tough and determined enemy.

[pause]

I can't promise you that I will bring you all home alive. But this I swear, before you and before Almighty God, that when we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead or alive, we will all come home together. So help me, God.

~ Lt Colonel Harold Moore

Trey of Diamonds

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.​

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.
We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without a fight!
We're going to live on!
We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

Independence Day ~ Presidents speech to fighter pilots.
YouTube - Independence Day - Speech By The President (Bill Pullman)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe

~Miracle Max, The Princess Bride