• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Horror movie or book

Ringer

Jar of Clay
Stephen King's IT or the Child's Play movies always scared me as a kid. Clowns still freak me out to this day.

Dream Angel

*Regan, was her name :)

I love watching the Exorcist, the spider walk scene never fails to creep me right out.

And for the record, the best horror movies are the ones that make you laugh.

Oh yeah thats the one, Rayne is the vampire girl! LOL!

I think I must have watched the cut version as the one I saw didnt have the spider walk in!

Circle_One

Oh yeah thats the one, Rayne is the vampire girl! LOL!

I think I must have watched the cut version as the one I saw didnt have the spider walk in!

Yeah, from Bloodrayne. That was a fun vamp flick, I enjoyed it a lot.

The original version doesn't have the spider walk in it because it was judged too creepy for movie goers when the movie came out. In the 25th anniversary reissue DVD, they re-edited the spiderwalk back in.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Off the top of my head, the scariest book I'd read was Salem's Lot.

As far as movies go? I have to give it up for Red Dragon, Halloween or Silence of the Lambs. Oh!!! And I went to see The Ring by myself in the theatre, and thought it was going to be some sweet formulaic fun.

What was I thinking?

*shudders*

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
It's not super scary but I enjoyed Constantine.

I'll always love Bram Stoker's Dracula. That wasn't really scary either, now that I think about it.

The Stand by Stephen King, genuinely disturbed me.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Although more fascinating and mysterious than horrific, one of my favorite books (and movie by the same title) in the genre is Interview with the Vampire.

Movie wise, I also like the 3 first movies of Hellraiser, the Cenobites motto The Ultimate in Pleasure- The Ultimate in Pain, comes to life in the series :yes:

What about Lovecraft?

Phasmid

Mr Invisible
Frankenstein of course.

It's a much better book than any film made of it. No film truely gets across the sick and twisted monster your mind can create. You almost go along with Dr Frankenstein in willing the abomination life, then when it happens you realise how the Dr must have felt during the work - lost an obsessed with it, not thinking of the consequences - and then reality hits (there's some Buddhism in there when you think about it... awareness and all that).

Brilliant book.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Night of the Living Dead!

"They're coming to get you Bar-ba-ra"

Watchmen

Premium Member
Frankenstein of course.

It's a much better book than any film made of it. No film truely gets across the sick and twisted monster your mind can create. You almost go along with Dr Frankenstein in willing the abomination life, then when it happens you realise how the Dr must have felt during the work - lost an obsessed with it, not thinking of the consequences - and then reality hits (there's some Buddhism in there when you think about it... awareness and all that).

Brilliant book.

That book is probably in my top 5 or top 10. The best film version, IMO, is the Kennth Branaugh one with DeNiro as the monster. I think it's the most faithful to the book.