• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Favorite Horror movie or book

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
:bat: Well it's here that time of year to grab your favorite beverage, make some popcorn and turn down the lights and pop in that favorite movie. You know the one you've seen so many times that you can repeat the words along with the characters, but yet you get chill bumps and jump when the stalker who has been behind the victim always ends up in front just at the right time. And of course the female victim always falls down when running. Everyone knows you don't have sex or take a shower because that is the sure sign that the victim is about to die.

My favorite movie is the original "Halloween" and my favorite book was "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" I have enjoyed a movie based on the book also...
Happy Haunting everyone! :D

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
I like the Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp in it. :D When I was 11 years old, I was "in love" with Johnny Depp, and I memorized that movie. All of it... I could go through the entire movie, every line from every character... I'm sure my parents found me very annoying.

But my favourite scary movies are some newer ones, like the Saw movies, and things like Cloverfield. :D I also liked the Scream movies, and most M. Night Shyamalan movies, though I'm not sure if his movies are really that much horror as kind of a tiny bit scary and thought provoking... I love that guy, and I think he is underappreciated.

gnomon

It's not classed as horror but The Thing is the only movie that really creeps me out in the Horro/Sci-Fi genre. The first Nightmare.. and Hellraiser are still fun to watch. Both movies scared the living daylights out of me as a kid until I had a dream in which Freddie and Pinhead were in an armwrestling match. Weird.

I usually read Lovecraft at this time of year. Now that I just purchased the first complete and unabridged collection published I'm in horror bliss.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
I like the Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp in it. :D When I was 11 years old, I was "in love" with Johnny Depp, and I memorized that movie. All of it... I could go through the entire movie, every line from every character... I'm sure my parents found me very annoying.

But my favourite scary movies are some newer ones, like the Saw movies, and things like Cloverfield. :D I also liked the Scream movies, and most M. Night Shyamalan movies, though I'm not sure if his movies are really that much horror as kind of a tiny bit scary and thought provoking... I love that guy, and I think he is underappreciated.
There are so many movies that I like to watch, I always liked the Dracula movies, some of them were corny so to speak, but that is part of the fun, just making fun of the movie itself.....But I do like the ones that scare the heck out of you...You know the first time you see it and your sitting there and all of a sudden you jump or scream.....Those are my favorites.:eek:

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
There are so many movies that I like to watch, I always liked the Dracula movies, some of them were corny so to speak, but that is part of the fun, just making fun of the movie itself.....But I do like the ones that scare the heck out of you...You know the first time you see it and your sitting there and all of a sudden you jump or scream.....Those are my favorites.:eek:

It's sad, because as I get older, movies never scare me that much anymore. I do get jumpy about random other things though, like when my sister made a sudden movement when we were sitting on the couch last night. That was funny... I don't know what that was about...

Circle_One

Suspiria has to be my favorite. But for seasonal Horror flicks, I have to watch the original Halloween, every Halloween. It's a tradition.

(Yes, I have a list of seasonal horror flicks. Halloween for Halloween, Black Christmas(the ORIGINAL) for xmas), etc etc.)

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
It's sad, because as I get older, movies never scare me that much anymore. I do get jumpy about random other things though, like when my sister made a sudden movement when we were sitting on the couch last night. That was funny... I don't know what that was about...
I guess what I mean is sometimes when I watch these movies, I get myself sort of in a nervous type feeling, like I'm on pins and needles and if someone moves suddenly or there is a noise, I just sort of feel like I've been shocked....My husband use to do that to me, catch me really involved in a movie and throw a pillow or something at me and I wanted to just hit him....:rolleyes: I felt like I had been shocked. He always thought it was funny, I didn't...

rojse

RF Addict
The novel "I am Legend", by Richard Matheson. Whatever you thought about the most recent movie adaptation, this book far surpasses it.

Dream Angel

:bat: Well it's here that time of year to grab your favorite beverage, make some popcorn and turn down the lights and pop in that favorite movie. You know the one you've seen so many times that you can repeat the words along with the characters, but yet you get chill bumps and jump when the stalker who has been behind the victim always ends up in front just at the right time. And of course the female victim always falls down when running. Everyone knows you don't have sex or take a shower because that is the sure sign that the victim is about to die.

My favorite movie is the original "Halloween" and my favorite book was "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" I have enjoyed a movie based on the book also...
Happy Haunting everyone! :D

I like the legend of sleepy hollow too!

I also like The Exorcist, but that's because the part where Rayne is on the bed having a possession seizure (don't know what to call it!) has me in hysterics usually! :D I know, you shouldn't laugh at horror movies.

Is Jaws classed as a horror movie?? :rolleyes:

cardero

Citizen Mod

I also like The Exorcist, but that's because the part where Rayne is on the bed having a possession seizure (don't know what to call it!) has me in hysterics usually! :D I know, you shouldn't laugh at horror movies.

Yup. Conflicts with nature can be classified as either horrors or thrillers.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Favorite Horror Movie
The Horrors Of Spider Island

Favorite Horror Book
The Bible
Isn't it strange how The Bible contains so many different stories for everyone....For me it's a Love story, especially the Book of Ruth, to some it's of course horror as you said, and to some it's a Fairy tale.....see the diversity of God.....;)

Circle_One

*Regan, was her name :)

I love watching the Exorcist, the spider walk scene never fails to creep me right out.

And for the record, the best horror movies are the ones that make you laugh.

Circle_One

I love the Prince of Darkness. When I was a kid, like 7, that movie scared the crap out of me. It took me forever to find a region 1 copy on DVD. I had to order it off the net.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
*Regan, was her name :)

I love watching the Exorcist, the spider walk scene never fails to creep me right out.

And for the record, the best horror movies are the ones that make you laugh.
Yes the Exorcist is a classic too....I like it, since my surgery and that metal plate they put in my cervical spine I haven't been able to spin my head around, and that was my favorite trick...:D The best trick is to pee on yourself in a room full of people :p