• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fatwa issued against Mars travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, obviously. That's because Jesus says mars is a Christian planet, of course!

They can have it. Us Satanists are claiming Saturn since that word is associated with Satan and mind control frequencies are broadcast from there by our evil Satanic alien overlords. I know it's true because David Icke said so!

shawn001

Its possible, WE are the Martians. I am not saying we are, just a possibility that hasn't been completely 100% ruled out, that I am aware of.

We are physically made up of star dust for a fact though. The material we are made from come from space, no matter how you look at it.

Mar One is both a non profit and for profit.

They have a long ways to go before the mission still.

They want to do reality TV show there.

It would be a good and very beneficial thing for the human race to start colonizing the solar system. There is also a very real threat of a mass extinction from a meteorite or even natural causes here on Earth like super volcanoes. So you might not want all your cookies in one jar in the future, especially when we can do something about it in the case of being hit.

You could go into an individuals "freewill" here on this, but...I won't

Maybe the statement itself will have a positive impact on any future suicide bombers, hopefully.

ZooGirl02

I personally think I can understand why this fatwa was issued. It seems like they thought that going to Mars would essentially be like committing suicide and as far as I know, Islam views suicide as immoral. I also view suicide as immoral but I am not sure if I would hold the same views as the fatwa.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I personally think I can understand why this fatwa was issued. It seems like they thought that going to Mars would essentially be like committing suicide and as far as I know, Islam views suicide as immoral. I also view suicide as immoral but I am not sure if I would hold the same views as the fatwa.

But the advent of the Spacesuit and other assorted devices makes Mars a non-lethal environment.

shawn001

Its expensive and that is a lot for them to try and raise.

"Mars One estimates that it will cost about $6 billion to land four astronauts on Mars in 2023. The nonprofit aims to launch additional crews every two years thereafter, at a cost of around $4 billion each.

Mars One plans to foot the bill primarily by staging a global reality-TV event, with cameras documenting all phases of the project from astronaut selection to the colonists' first years on the Red Planet."

China Media Claim Private Mars Colony Mission Is a Scam | Space.com

Kerr

Booooo. Now I'll never see my dream of sharia law being imposed on another planet, darn it. How will we ever build a proper society on Mars without radical extremists? :sarcastic
Dont worry. I am sure there are plenty of non-Muslim extremists longing for the the of shaping a future society on Mars after their own image.

egcroc

we're all stardust
seriously guys what what were you expecting?!!... it's 2014 and some Ultra-orthodox muslim clerics (including the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia) still believe in flat earth and Geo-centrism... to this day many muslims believe the moon landings were a hoax for the most hilarious of reasons (religious reasons to be exact)...

as harsh and discriminatory as it might sound.. but I'm happy this fatwa is issued, we just need a similar one from the Vatican and we're good to go..

Last edited:

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
seriously guys what what were you expecting?!!... it's 2014 and some Ultra-orthodox muslim clerics (including the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia) still believe in flat earth and Geo-centrism... to this day many muslims believe the moon landings were a hoax for the most hilarious of reasons (religious reasons to be exact)...

as harsh and discriminatory as it might sound.. but I'm happy this fatwa is issued, we just need a similar one from the Vatican and we're good to go..

Lol...how can people still believe the Earth is flat? You can literally travel by ship around the entire planet without falling off!

egcroc

we're all stardust
Lol...how can people still believe the Earth is flat?

you don't believe it?!! can't blame you... I have a book written a few decades ago by Ibn Baz, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia back then, propagating his geocentrist, flat-earthist opinions, and stating clearly that believing otherwise is a sin because it contradicts the Quranic scripture...

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
you don't believe it?!! can't blame you... I have a book written a few decades ago by Ibn Baz, the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia back then, propagating his geocentrist, flat-earthist opinions, and stating clearly that believing otherwise is a sin because it contradicts the Quranic scripture...

I wonder what would happen if we actually physically launched them into space? Would they just close their eyes, plug up their ears, and go "lalalalalala?":ignore:

egcroc

we're all stardust
I wonder what would happen if we actually physically launched them into space? Would they just close their eyes, plug up their ears, and go "lalalalalala?":ignore:

not worth the cost, the best thing to do is leave them behind while the rest of humanity goes on colonizing other worlds and visiting other stars

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
not worth the cost, the best thing to do is leave them behind while the rest of humanity goes on colonizing other worlds and visiting other stars

Y'all realise that there are nutters amongst all religions, and, amazingly enough, amongst the non-religious too, right?
One Muslim believing in a flat earth does not equate to Muslims believing in a flat earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.