• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fate, predestination, and free will

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
God never needs to make adjustments, because [he]'s perfect ─ no second guessing required,
The omnipotent God can adjust whatever He wants to adjust according to what humans choose to do – all the while having KNOWN what adjustments would be made, since God’s perfect knowledge encompasses the realities of all things, before and after their occurrence.
And the entirety of that purpose was perfectly accomplished in its entirety when God made the universe,
It certainly was not accomplished at the onset of the universe. If it had been humanity would never progressed at all. In order to ensure that humanity would progress, God has sent Messengers at various intervals throughout the ages in order to reveal what humans need in order to progress spiritually.
"Judge, I see now that I only did ─ only ever could do ─ what you set me up to do."

"Yup."
See how well that works. ;)

God has not set anybody up. Humans are fully responsible for their moral choices unless they are mentally ill, mentally challenged or brain damaged. What they are not responsible for is what has been fated by God.
I have no argument with that as an ideal, but I'm not holding my breath.
I am not holding my breath either because it will be a long time.
Well, it's been fun. Shall we rule it off about here?
At your pleasure, till we meet again. :)