• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fatah-Hamas Reconciliation

Flankerl

You are against giving the Palestinians a state of their own because you will be their slave? sorry, i don't understand.

Hamas won't stop until Israel is gone. Thats reality.
And in their wonderful future jews have no place in their palestine.

But of course that won't happen because.... because!

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Fatah is reasonable now? Wow. I must have missed something.

Fatah is probably as reasonable as Prime Minister Netanyahu. Perhaps Fatah is reasonable in comparison to Hamas. That would have been more proper to say.

Bismillah

Submit
What sane person or entity desires reconciliation between the radical Hamas and the reasonable Fatah party?
For one thing it will avert the Israeli exploited civil war that has left over a thousand Palestinians dead, or does that not seem interesting?

Or the fact that reconciliation has a history of deradicalizing elements.

Or the fact that Fatah is still leading anything remotely close to foreign policy and Hamas has agreed to negotiate UNDER Abbas.

What person wouldn't desire it?

Bismillah

Submit
Abbas is infinitely more reasonable than Netanyahu, as the former desires change in the situation and the latter of course does not.

kai

ragamuffin
The whole campaign to recognize a Palestinian unilateral declaration of statehood is now in jeopardy. Just as i thought "they may have a good idea there" Hamas enters stage left.

So is US aid to the PA and the way things are going in Egypt I am more than a little concerned that things are going to get very tense in the middle east. Hamas will be emboldened by Egypts support and will take more and more risks with Palestinian lives.

and what do they want money from the zionist entity for anyway, i mean on the one hand they condemn the west and Israel and on the other expect cash, Egypt is also seeking additional financial support from western Governments, to help cover the immense cost to its economy of this year's upheavals. well i can tell you any aid from the west will be seriously looked at with the continuation of the Egyptian,Israeli peace deal in mind.

Last edited:

kai

ragamuffin
Evidently not until the Jews are pushed into the sea, where, apparently, they belong.

I wonder why military gains are acceptable only when done by Muslim forces? Sensing a double-standard?

I have to admit whenever i look into this problem the desire to see the end of the Zionist entity seems to be always above the welfare of the Palestinians on the "to do" list.

Also any attempt to look at this from a distance and declare that 60 odd years has shown theres no military solution so the Palestinians should try a non violent attempt enabling them to attain full international support brings forth the charge of "Zionism" maybe the old British attempt of solving the problem is all anyone can do, they just left the keys under the mat and left them to it.

Last edited:

Bismillah

Submit
The whole campaign to recognize a Palestinian unilateral declaration of statehood is now in jeopardy. Just as i thought "they may have a good idea there" Hamas enters stage left.
No it's not. It's always been in this state, the U.S is just becoming more obvious they already had promised to veto the resolution either way.

So is US aid to the PA and the way things are going in Egypt I am more than a little concerned that things are going to get very tense in the middle east. Hamas will be emboldened by Egypts support and will take more and more risks with Palestinian lives.
What a strange analysis when we see that Hamas is willing to work with Fatah. Sounds almost counter intuitive to reality, I daresay delusional.

and what do they want money from the zionist entity for anyway, i mean on the one hand they condemn the west and Israel and on the other expect cash, Egypt is also seeking additional financial support from western Governments, to help cover the immense cost to its economy of this year's upheavals. well i can tell you any aid from the west will be seriously looked at with the continuation of the Egyptian,Israeli peace deal in mind.
They don't want money from Israel, all funds are diverted via Israel to the PA and Israel has historically blocked funds (which more than 1/3 of Palestinians depend on) as a means of warfare and collective punishment.

And I'm not surprised that Congress is threatening sanctions on the PA because of this move, it's worth it.

kai

ragamuffin
No it's not. It's always been in this state, the U.S is just becoming more obvious they already had promised to veto the resolution either way. I was thinking more of the Europeans

What a strange analysis when we see that Hamas is willing to work with Fatah. Sounds almost counter intuitive to reality, I daresay delusional. They may be willing to work with Fatah but not the Israelis and the Israelis wont work with Hamas so where do you go from there (Nowhere i think) It probably suits Fatah and Hamas but i dont think uts a good thing for the Palestinians.

They don't want money from Israel, all funds are diverted via Israel to the PA and Israel has historically blocked funds (which more than 1/3 of Palestinians depend on) as a means of warfare and collective punishment. Diverted from where? Ok i got it its money paid at border crossings etc part of the 1994 Paris protocol

Trade Agreements

And I'm not surprised that Congress is threatening sanctions on the PA because of this move, it's worth it.

No western countries will deal with Hamas will they?

Bismillah

Submit
I was thinking more of the Europeans
I don't think European reaction has nearly rivaled the grandiose and blubbering of Congressmen in the U.S guided by AIPAC's extortion.

They may be willing to work with Fatah but not the Israelis and the Israelis wont work with Hamas so where do you go from there (Nowhere i think) It probably suits Fatah and Hamas but i dont think uts a good thing for the Palestinians.
No kai let's look at the facts.

An interim government has been created.

The goals of such a coalition naturally avoids the problems associated with Israel altogether and focuses on internal resolutions.

Hamas has agreed to allow Fatah to handle all foreign policy, that is Hamas is deferring to Abbas' views and it is an implicit agreement to work with Israel albeit through intermediates and successors.

Hamas and Fatah's respective dictators and supporters are no longer potent and as such they are much more willing to work together to clean house.

Hamas is not much popular in Gaza I daresay

This type of action has a history of radicalizing elements, I think this was the means to bring the IRA into the fold of legitimate politics right?

I think we should not be so quick to side with Netanyahu :)

No western countries will deal with Hamas will they?
Not in its current state, but I think we are seeing a transformation within Palestinian politics and a reflection of general Palestinian discontentment of their leaders. It is a means to bring some change...

Besides they are still dealing with Fatah not Hamas...

kai

ragamuffin
I don't think European reaction has nearly rivaled the grandiose and blubbering of Congressmen in the U.S guided by AIPAC's extortion.

No kai let's look at the facts.

An interim government has been created.

The goals of such a coalition naturally avoids the problems associated with Israel altogether and focuses on internal resolutions.

Hamas has agreed to allow Fatah to handle all foreign policy, that is Hamas is deferring to Abbas' views and it is an implicit agreement to work with Israel albeit through intermediates and successors.

Hamas and Fatah's respective dictators and supporters are no longer potent and as such they are much more willing to work together to clean house.

Hamas is not much popular in Gaza I daresay

This type of action has a history of radicalizing elements, I think this was the means to bring the IRA into the fold of legitimate politics right?

I think we should not be so quick to side with Netanyahu :)

Not in its current state, but I think we are seeing a transformation within Palestinian politics and a reflection of general Palestinian discontentment of their leaders. It is a means to bring some change...

Besides they are still dealing with Fatah not Hamas...

I hope thats the outcome of all this i really do.

Besides they are still dealing with Fatah not Hamas
Thats true as long as they dont mention the gorilla in the room. (Hamas who?)

Bismillah

Submit
I hope thats the outcome of all this i really do.
I am glad :)

Thats true as long as they dont mention the gorilla in the room. (Hamas who?)
Not quite, I believe as Hamas has itself acquiesced foreign relations to Abbas, maybe the gorilla is actually a stuffed monkey? Remember Fatah was a a violent organization once, Hamas can change as well and I think the current climate calls for change and has all the makings of it.

kai

ragamuffin
I am glad :)

Not quite, I believe as Hamas has itself acquiesced foreign relations to Abbas, maybe the gorilla is actually a stuffed monkey? Remember Fatah was a a violent organization once, Hamas can change as well and I think the current climate calls for change and has all the makings of it.

fingers crossed then eh.

Bismillah

Submit
Well I do think it is not only just blind belief but a reflection of today's realities.

Al Jazeera said:
"At the end, you could say that President Abbas has lost his patron in Egypt, which is President Mubarak, and Hamas is more on less facing almost similar trouble now, with Bashar Al-Assad [Syria's president] facing his own trouble in Damascus."

The fact that Palestinian protests broke out in the W.B and Gaza and the fact that the Palestinians have long rejected their "iconic" leaders.

The implications of the interim government.

The fact that Palestine is lobbying for Statehood.

The fact that the E.U. is beginning to side more and more with Fatah.

The fact that Abbas is going to die soon either way and I believe he wants to see some good.

The Arab spring and the romantic ideals associated with it and the realization that leaders now need to account for public perception and wishes.

I think this year is not the same as last year....

But yes, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Bismillah

Submit
Palestinian factions celebrate unity deal - Middle East - Al Jazeera English

Palestinian officials say the new government's role will be to manage affairs in the Palestinian territories, while the Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) will remain in charge of peace talks with Israel.
Interesting, I also thought it was interesting how Hamas has agreed to the process towards elections while some organizations that fall under the PLO have not.