• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fastfood healthy

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
As previously mentioned, vegan or vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean "healthy." The Impossible Slider is higher in calories, fat calories, fat, saturated fat, sodium, and carbs. While it's a vegetarian option, it's certainly not the healthy option.

View attachment 30041
View attachment 30042

https://static-whitecastle-com.s3.amazonaws.com/White-Castle-Nutrition-Information.pdf

Burger King will be rolling out the Impossible Whopper in the coming months nationally. I can all but assure you that while I (being a vegetarian) be able to eat it, it won't be the healthy option to the flagship Whopper.

Edible insects are high in protein and low in fat, there's lots of them readily available, some of them taste good like ants.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Or lobster?

But certainly not a vegetarian option.

Unfortunately for me, fresh lobster is not a fast food option in the neighborhood where I live, but I enjoy lobster when I have the time to do some fine dining with my better half. I used to pick off ants from peonies. and I have eaten them ( the ants, not the peonies ), but I haven't enjoyed doing this since I was 6 years old.

3528789994_eb24be0ce5_z.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Debate thread or no, I won't sit idly by and watch mistruths being spread about "healthy options" in the fast food industry. I wasn't giving you advice. As one that works in the industry, I was clearing up misconceptions. You're free to believe what you will, of course, and do what you will with your own body. But if one is looking for "healthy options" when dining out, fast food is most certainly not one of them.
Too bad the industry cant be held criminally responsible for misleading people. Can you lose weight eating McDonald's? Probably. Will you be healthier and have eaten anything that is actually healthy? Not a chance (last I knew even their salads are jacked up and loaded with sugar). Subway, what they don't tell you is a foot long is significantly more than most people need. And you still have to go easy on meats, condimemts, and other options or it isnt healthy. Taco Bell just should have been sued and shut down for even trying to pretend its possible they serve anything that isnt syraight up bad for you. And now these veggie burgers that are a nutritional trainwreck but they will be gobbled down by those believing that because its vegan ok it's healthy. Just like they scarf down those nutritional disastrous prepackaged meals that are implied to be healthy but worse for you than the regular "what you see is that you get" junk food.

Riders

Too bad the industry cant be held criminally responsible for misleading people. Can you lose weight eating McDonald's? Probably. Will you be healthier and have eaten anything that is actually healthy? Not a chance (last I knew even their salads are jacked up and loaded with sugar). Subway, what they don't tell you is a foot long is significantly more than most people need. And you still have to go easy on meats, condimemts, and other options or it isnt healthy. Taco Bell just should have been sued and shut down for even trying to pretend its possible they serve anything that isnt syraight up bad for you. And now these veggie burgers that are a nutritional trainwreck but they will be gobbled down by those believing that because its vegan ok it's healthy. Just like they scarf down those nutritional disastrous prepackaged meals that are implied to be healthy but worse for you than the regular "what you see is that you get" junk food.

a 6 inch is more then you need too, a lot of folks who do the Subway diet eat 6 inch sandwiches, but 6 inch subway sandwiches have 4 breads on them, that's how much bread its got ! When I eat subway the right way I cut the 6 inch in half and eat 3 inch piece.

Riders

being 150 or 2000 pounds lighter then 342 what I started out at is way healthier then my old weight so say what you want about what you think is healthy but the truth is drs say having the obesity itself and the weight is unhealthy regardless of weather your think your diet is right ot not, sorry, the dr says the lower weight is much healthier no matter what and it gives me the freedom to live as I want be able to get out more climb steps do more and be free.

SO I disagree with your sentiment on diet.

Milton Platt

I've been told by big folks who say they don't have healthy grocery stores in their community only fast food places because of rural area that they have no choice but to over eat. Some use the excuse that its cheaper to eat fastfood.

I have already discussed that part,obese folks do not ever ever go in and buy a kids meal or one small burger for 2 bucks at a fast food place ever ever. We spend 15 20 30 bucks at a time on fast food per day and then if your eating healthy you only buy enough for 3 meals a day which is way cheaper.

But anyways those who cry they have to eat at fastfood places.There is a lot of healthy options these days at fast food places, Subways sandwich shop has about 8 different selections for health. Get whole wheat bread and lowfat ham chicken roast beef turkey tuna and vegi, theres different chicken sandwiches now too.

Jack int he box has a few different chicken options a sandwich, chicken terriaky, my favorite is chicken pita with salsa cheese in a whole wheat pita yum...............

Starbucks has skinny chocolates sugarfree,

Long John silvers has low fat fish without the skin lowfat cod and tialpia and grilled shrimp too I think with rice instead of fries .

Boston market has rotiserie chicken with corn bread which is a healthy carb and vegitables.I thnk they have brown rice too.

KFC has rotiserie chicken all you have to do to rotiserie chicken is pull off the skin and its healthy.Get vegis with it.

The cafeterias all have inexpensive healthy meals.

Taco bell and most Mexican fastfood places have excellent healthy choice because they have tacos, some have soft corn tortillas, taco shells and corn tortilla shells are healthy breads,for some beans are too, So I get 1 tacos a side of re fried beans pintos and cheese, its not fatty enough to make me gain weigh. I can get beef or chicken tacos they are both low fat.They also have black beans which are really good.

Anyone else got fast food or restaurant recommendations for healthy put it up!

Subway. You just have to watch the condiments. Also, use lean meats (chicken or turkey). You can even get a veggie sub......

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
being 150 or 2000 pounds lighter then 342 what I started out at is way healthier then my old weight so say what you want about what you think is healthy but the truth is drs say having the obesity itself and the weight is unhealthy regardless of weather your think your diet is right ot not, sorry, the dr says the lower weight is much healthier no matter what and it gives me the freedom to live as I want be able to get out more climb steps do more and be free.

SO I disagree with your sentiment on diet.
Are they considering the increased intake of sodium and fat? Too much of those things are just as bad as too much weight, and they are strongly correlated to increased risk of heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and a host of other problems. If you dont watch those things (and they are high in fast food) you basically end up reducing the risks of obesity to replace it with the risks of a high fat and high sodium diet.
And you will be hard pressed to find a nutritionist who thinks fast food can be healthy, and will think its ok to et it more than very sparingly. The fast food industry just isn't concerned about healthy, and some of them know damn well their stuff is the antithesis of healthy but they keep serving it anyway. Its a major concern of eating out in general, is that the same dish made at home will not have as many calories, fats, sugars, sodium, or all the questionable ingredients (a number of which trigger the body to store fat, are devastating to blood sugar levels, and are otherwise detrimental to bodily functions that help regulate weight). A healthier weight is healthier than an unhealthy one, but you really aren't healthier if you're clogging your arteries.

Riders

Are they considering the increased intake of sodium and fat? Too much of those things are just as bad as too much weight, and they are strongly correlated to increased risk of heart disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and a host of other problems. If you dont watch those things (and they are high in fast food) you basically end up reducing the risks of obesity to replace it with the risks of a high fat and high sodium diet.
And you will be hard pressed to find a nutritionist who thinks fast food can be healthy, and will think its ok to et it more than very sparingly. The fast food industry just isn't concerned about healthy, and some of them know damn well their stuff is the antithesis of healthy but they keep serving it anyway. Its a major concern of eating out in general, is that the same dish made at home will not have as many calories, fats, sugars, sodium, or all the questionable ingredients (a number of which trigger the body to store fat, are devastating to blood sugar levels, and are otherwise detrimental to bodily functions that help regulate weight). A healthier weight is healthier than an unhealthy one, but you really aren't healthier if you're clogging your arteries.

I don't eat high fat I've switched off to a lowfat diet. Again my salt levels have stayed low and I've had low blood pressure so I don't watch my salt. However I have to say as far as fast foods go I don't have the money to go eat fastfood everyday, I don't live off it.Once a week is enough.

I didn't put this up here to say go live off of fast food. Obviously that would not be good, although some subway people do say they live off the subway diet, they've lost weight,so i guess its possible. I just putt his here because most of us will go to a restaurant or fastfood place now and then and its goof to have when you are in a rush and have to stop by that drive thru.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but trully i don't think fast food is all that much worst then home cooking unless you own your own farm or buy organic vegetables and get your meat from a farm or hunt for your meat.I saw a video on it and unless we are guying organic and own our own farm most of what we eat is crap! Its got chemicals all over everything we eat, DO yall know what ground beef is made from that pick crap? YIKES!Don't fool yourselves into thinking the organic meats at the market and organic milks are any better most are not.

Its best to go to farmers market or farm to get your meat and milks. I suppose the organic kind without drugs in it is less bad then the other but its still crap.

Riders

There are folks who have gone on the Subway diet and lost weight. BTW a healthier thinner size is always healthier at a heavier weight the weight wears on my heart causes me to be diabetic, makes me have asthmatic problems, puts weight on my legs and feet I cant carry causes infections with cellulitis all sorts of things from just have extra weight.SO getting rid of the weight will always be healthier.

Katja

If it is lowfat turkey or chicken lunch meat or lowfat roast beef yes maam it is very healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUbway has all that in their sandwiches and many many folks have lost tons of weight by Subway!I did not say canned soup, canned soup is not healthy! I said canned chicken or canned tuna if it is light starkist packed in water recommended by my doctor lowfat packed in water and also low in salt!

NOPE! I'm not judging actually this is not a debate thread, and its not in a debate room sorry. This thread is only for those who have suggestions for eat healthy when you eat out that's all it is.

So this wasn't actually you?
and maybe canned chili

(If you don't want to debate, don't get all judgmental on other people in your posts and no one will have a problem with you.)

Riders

So this wasn't actually you?

(If you don't want to debate, don't get all judgmental on other people in your posts and no one will have a problem with you.)

I am not judging, however I was defending myself but I did not expect to have to do that when I started this thread. Sense people are going to get all sensitive and all upset lets just abandon this thread.
I am sorry, I did not know people would get stirred up this way about healthy fastfoods.