• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fastfood healthy

Riders

No, Riders. I won’t be spoon feeding common sense for you or anyone else participating ITT. Salt is low carb, low calorie, and low fat. How healthy is a diet fortified with salt?

While I appreciate your intent, finding “healthy” in fast food ain’t gonna happen. Our only job is to sell you what tantalizes your taste buds. We’ll tell you it’s healthy because that what you want to hear. Is it, really? Caveat emptor.

Best to shop and cook for oneself.
Just like Penny's husband said deep frying wontons at home was healthier then eating out at a restaurant hahaha.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Well my scales today say I'm down to 272 which is exactly 70 pounds down from my highest 342. When I get down to 200 you can continue saying that but the real truth is Im happy with my weigh loss and my body right now, so I don't want any advice from you. I've had this weight off the past year and a half, do you know what the percentages of me losing weight is or anyone who is obese? Less then 5 percent and very few make it to where I'm at now. SO I think the scales and the fact speak for themselves.

I'm happy with my weight...

I applaud you and am truly happy for you for your success! Well done! :)

Katja

I would disagree with that, there's
s a lot of healthier choices in restaurants these days. Applebees and other steak houses family restaurants these days have quite a bit.But you have to be responsible for looking at the ingredients , you can't just go to Del taco and order a Vegitarian burrito and epxect it to be healthy especially if it has a bunch of sauce on it like that.

As long as I am on my diet, I don't every order from fast foods and restaurants without going to the internet first. They all have calories counters with menus and nutritional info with carbs and fat grams, and if they don't I don't go there.Uh I figure it out on the internet first and plan my fat and carbs and calorie amount out first and find the healthy menu , and read all the ingredients on it first then figure out what I am going to order.

I suggest that anyone who plans on doing that do it, just because it says its vegetarian, That does not mean anything I've been to an indian Vegitarian restaurant before at cosmic cafe in Dallas,and I ate black bean pizza once and tomato soup with their home made crackers and bread with it and their healthier root beer that had a ton of sugar in it. of course that's not healthy at all, I knew I was not eating healthy. SO just because it says its vegitarian that does not mean anything.

I suggest to anyone who plans on staying on a healthy meal plan and going out to eat or ordering from the fast food place do what i do go and figure out you calories and fat and carbs off their nutrition menu first,and if they don't have nutrition menu don't order it.

Where did I say I expected it to be healthy, or that I thought it would be because it was vegetarian? I merely noted that it wasn't. It was OP who thinks Taco Bell has all sorts of healthy stuff. If I was looking for health food, I wouldn't have been at Del Taco to begin with.

Ug my 711 and most convenience stores have lowfat lunch meat bread cheese salad and milk and maybe canned chili and canned chicken and tuna. Your wrong and fastfood places have healthy .
You argue that lunch meat and canned soup or meat are "healthy"?? Just the sodium level in these things will give your doctor a heart attack.

Well my scales today say I'm down to 272 which is exactly 70 pounds down from my highest 342. When I get down to 200 you can continue saying that but the real truth is Im happy with my weigh loss and my body right now, so I don't want any advice from you. I've had this weight off the past year and a half, do you know what the percentages of me losing weight is or anyone who is obese? Less then 5 percent and very few make it to where I'm at now. SO I think the scales and the fact speak for themselves.

I'm happy with my weight are you happy with yours?
So you don't want anyone else's advice but you're happy to start a whole thread to give "advice" and judgment to other people whose diet you don't approve of?

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Just like Penny's husband said deep frying wontons at home was healthier then eating out at a restaurant hahaha.

I don't know Penny or her husband, but the accuracy of that statement would be dependent upon what one was planning to eat at the restaurant.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I've been told by big folks who say they don't have healthy grocery stores in their community only fast food places because of rural area that they have no choice but to over eat. Some use the excuse that its cheaper to eat fastfood.

I have already discussed that part,obese folks do not ever ever go in and buy a kids meal or one small burger for 2 bucks at a fast food place ever ever. We spend 15 20 30 bucks at a time on fast food per day and then if your eating healthy you only buy enough for 3 meals a day which is way cheaper.

But anyways those who cry they have to eat at fastfood places.There is a lot of healthy options these days at fast food places, Subways sandwich shop has about 8 different selections for health. Get whole wheat bread and lowfat ham chicken roast beef turkey tuna and vegi, theres different chicken sandwiches now too.

Jack int he box has a few different chicken options a sandwich, chicken terriaky, my favorite is chicken pita with salsa cheese in a whole wheat pita yum...............

Starbucks has skinny chocolates sugarfree,

Long John silvers has low fat fish without the skin lowfat cod and tialpia and grilled shrimp too I think with rice instead of fries .

Boston market has rotiserie chicken with corn bread which is a healthy carb and vegitables.I thnk they have brown rice too.

KFC has rotiserie chicken all you have to do to rotiserie chicken is pull off the skin and its healthy.Get vegis with it.

The cafeterias all have inexpensive healthy meals.

Taco bell and most Mexican fastfood places have excellent healthy choice because they have tacos, some have soft corn tortillas, taco shells and corn tortilla shells are healthy breads,for some beans are too, So I get 1 tacos a side of re fried beans pintos and cheese, its not fatty enough to make me gain weigh. I can get beef or chicken tacos they are both low fat.They also have black beans which are really good.

Anyone else got fast food or restaurant recommendations for healthy put it up!

I'd recommend the impossible slider vegan burger at White Castle.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It must be understood that our contemporary diet is not a natural diet of human origins. Our original diet is that of an omnivore eating everything that was edible depending where they lived. They ate every possible edible meat, seafood and insects, coarse natural grains, herbs and fruit, and baked coarse grained flatbreads.

We are no consuming industrial manufactured food.

Riders

Where did I say I expected it to be healthy, or that I thought it would be because it was vegetarian? I merely noted that it wasn't. It was OP who thinks Taco Bell has all sorts of healthy stuff. If I was looking for health food, I wouldn't have been at Del Taco to begin with.

You argue that lunch meat and canned soup or meat are "healthy"?? Just the sodium level in these things will give your doctor a heart attack.

So you don't want anyone else's advice but you're happy to start a whole thread to give "advice" and judgment to other people whose diet you don't approve of?

If it is lowfat turkey or chicken lunch meat or lowfat roast beef yes maam it is very healthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SUbway has all that in their sandwiches and many many folks have lost tons of weight by Subway!I did not say canned soup, canned soup is not healthy! I said canned chicken or canned tuna if it is light starkist packed in water recommended by my doctor lowfat packed in water and also low in salt!

NOPE! I'm not judging actually this is not a debate thread, and its not in a debate room sorry. This thread is only for those who have suggestions for eat healthy when you eat out that's all it is.

Riders

It must be understood that our contemporary diet is not a natural diet of human origins. Our original diet is that of an omnivore eating everything that was edible depending where they lived. They ate every possible edible meat, seafood and insects, coarse natural grains, herbs and fruit, and baked coarse grained flatbreads.

We are no consuming industrial manufactured food.
Thats good advice.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Even with "healthy" options, fast food isn't healthy because they've junked things that otherwise would be healthy. It still contains questionable ingredients (that aren't actually food and otherwise are never eaten by anyone), and things like sodium and fat very typically are significantly higher than if you made it at home.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As for Subway, they put the same thing in their bread that is used to make gym mats. Taco Bell (who did try to jump on the health bandwagon) used to put sand in their meat. Who knows what else is out there? Those companies don't stop until they are, and even then diet Dew still has flame retardant in it.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
If I go to Mcdonalds, Ill get 1 20 piece chicken nugget and double quarter pound burger and with several deserts and huge coke.

As I have never suffered from obesity personally, but there are obese people in my extended family, I have often wondered why people who have an obesity problem eat so much? With respect, I wonder why would you order so much food that you already know is going to either keep you obese or make you gain even more weight? Is it a metabolism problem? Weak will? Lack of motivation? Or, is it that your stomach is so stretched from the volume of food that is usually consumed, that it takes more to feel satisfied? (sometimes why people opt for stapling or gastric banding) Or is it related to hunger at all? Some say that for many, it has to do with "comfort eating" and that people who are depressed are often trapped in a vicious cycle of depression and comfort eating (usually junk food) which gains more weight and then causes more depression.... what do you personally think is the reason for the over-consumption of food in those who are morbidly obese (i.e threatening their health)? Have you come to terms with what the cause of your own problem is?
If I tried to eat that much I would be physically sick.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
As I have never suffered from obesity personally, but there are obese people in my extended family, I have often wondered why people who have an obesity problem eat so much? With respect, I wonder why would you order so much food that you already know is going to either keep you obese or make you gain even more weight? Is it a metabolism problem? Weak will? Lack of motivation? Or, is it that your stomach is so stretched from the volume of food that is usually consumed, that it takes more to feel satisfied? (sometimes why people opt for stapling or gastric banding) Or is it related to hunger at all? Some say that for many, it has to do with "comfort eating" and that people who are depressed are often trapped in a vicious cycle of depression and comfort eating (usually junk food) which gains more weight and then causes more depression.... what do you personally think is the reason for the over-consumption of food in those who are morbidly obese (i.e threatening their health)? Have you come to terms with what the cause of your own problem is?
If I tried to eat that much I would be physically sick.
That's an interesting question. I really don't know myself (other than the cycle of comfort food/depression being a real thing), but my own experience it came to old ways and habit, as I was used to eating far more when I was more active, but after some knee injuries and less activity I put on weight as I was eating the same, and smaller meals didn't feel feel. That's pretty much under control know (and I can't even eat half of what I used to), but with my IBS I sometimes have days where I either have intense cravings for sugar or no appetite or an endless bottomless pit of an appetite and I have to be careful or Ill very easily say until I'm sick and hurting before I realize it. I dont know why that happens either, but it would be nice to know.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
That's an interesting question. I really don't know myself (other than the cycle of comfort food/depression being a real thing), but my own experience it came to old ways and habit, as I was used to eating far more when I was more active, but after some knee injuries and less activity I put on weight as I was eating the same, and smaller meals didn't feel feel. That's pretty much under control know (and I can't even eat half of what I used to), but with my IBS I sometimes have days where I either have intense cravings for sugar or no appetite or an endless bottomless pit of an appetite and I have to be careful or Ill very easily say until I'm sick and hurting before I realize it. I dont know why that happens either, but it would be nice to know.

I understand that those who have Candida yeast infection in their system have intense cravings for sugar and other carbs, as the Candida feeds on sugar and demands to be fed. Probiotics targeting candida can fix the problem, while staying sugar free for a period until the Candida is starved out and destroyed by the good gut bacteria. Have you ever been tested for it? It can be pretty serious if it becomes systemic, but doctors for the most part ignore it.

I have heard that medicinal cannabis is good for helping with symptoms of IBS and Chrone's Disease. Is it legal where you live?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I understand that those who have Candida yeast infection in their system have intense cravings for sugar and other carbs, as the Candida feeds on sugar and demands to be fed. Probiotics targeting candida can fix the problem, while staying sugar free for a period until the Candida is starved out and destroyed by the good gut bacteria. Have you ever been tested for it? It can be pretty serious if it becomes systemic, but doctors for the most part ignore it.

I have heard that medicinal cannabis is good for helping with symptoms of IBS and Chrone's Disease. Is it legal where you live?
I went through a battery of tests over a few months when I first got IBS. Everything is good except something going on they don't know what. And I live in California, so cannabis is legal, but I dont think it directly helps my IBS, more of a domino effect of sorts of having relief from my anxieties being calmed and my muscles relaxing. If anything, its something that kind of helps but unlike other medications it helps without aggravating other symptoms.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

I'm wanting to see the nutritional labels and ingredients of these new veggie burgers and tacos popping up. It may be soy, but still terribly unhealthy if loaded with sodium, trans fats, and sugar.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Turns out the impossible burger is pretty high in saturated fat and sodium (13g and 570 mg), and the beyond burger is still a "eat sparingly" at 5g of saturated fat and 380mg of sodium.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
NOPE! I'm not judging actually this is not a debate thread, and its not in a debate room sorry. This thread is only for those who have suggestions for eat healthy when you eat out that's all it is.

Debate thread or no, I won't sit idly by and watch mistruths being spread about "healthy options" in the fast food industry. I wasn't giving you advice. As one that works in the industry, I was clearing up misconceptions. You're free to believe what you will, of course, and do what you will with your own body. But if one is looking for "healthy options" when dining out, fast food is most certainly not one of them.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member

As previously mentioned, vegan or vegetarian doesn't necessarily mean "healthy." The Impossible Slider is higher in calories, fat calories, fat, saturated fat, sodium, and carbs. While it's a vegetarian option, it's certainly not the healthy option.

upload_2019-6-16_6-38-25.png

upload_2019-6-16_6-39-8.png

https://static-whitecastle-com.s3.amazonaws.com/White-Castle-Nutrition-Information.pdf

Burger King will be rolling out the Impossible Whopper in the coming months nationally. I can all but assure you that while I (being a vegetarian) be able to eat it, it won't be the healthy option to the flagship Whopper.