• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

#FamiliesBelongTogether

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I guess intense heat is better than torrential rain.

We started this morning with a brief "open air" Shabbat service. It was soon followed by the rally and march. There were a lot of good people out there today. Shabbat Shalom ...

esmith

Veteran Member
Families belong together? You mean if someone in a family is confined in jail awaiting trial that the entire family should be confined there also? OK, have it your way then.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Families belong together? You mean if someone in a family is confined in jail awaiting trial that the entire family should be confined there also? OK, have it your way then.
Hey, cut the guy some slack....it's a slogan without any inconvenient specifics.

On 2nd thought, that deserves some criticism.
With many people now advocating to eliminate ICE, make all illegals legal,
opposing "the wall", it appears that a great many want effectively no border
controls. That's a bad idea.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Who said people wants families imprisoned, that’s Trumps chess play of replacing something inhumane with something else inhumane and trying to fight courts to keep children indefinitely. We don’t want families in federal prison but nobody expects families to be placed in Hilton’s when they cross the border for asylum, their will be discomfort during the process but keeping things as humane as possible is the part Trump doesn’t get.
Hey, cut the guy some slack....it's a slogan without any inconvenient specifics.

On 2nd thought, that deserves some criticism.
With many people now advocating to eliminate ICE, make all illegals legal,
opposing "the wall", it appears that a great many want effectively no border
controls. That's a bad idea.
The border patrol wants technology not some archaic wall. We have a ton of technology much more effective than a wall.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The border patrol wants technology not some archaic wall. We have a ton of technology much more effective than a wall.
As I've oft predicted, the "wall" would be no mere lenthy vertical surface.
Technology would of course be part of the picture.
By analogy, a computer's "firewall" isn't a wall, & doesn't stop fire.
They're just labels.
Let's hope that it's improves things & is cost effective.

Last edited:

Riders

Uh what? Families whose parents go to prison in America don't seperate the family and put children in cages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sense when on Gods green earth did you get that idea. Kids whose parents are in prison get taken in by Child welfare then returned to their parents after they get out.

Sense illegal aliens are illegal its not the law to keep them in prison. The law says they go back to Mexico. So why not sense them back to Mexico as a family? As of right now they are kept in cages seperated from family and when they get place in these centers who take them they have no way of getting in touch with their parents so some have been taken away permanantly and their parents have lost out taking the kids back at all.

The prison sentence does NOT do that. You are way way way off base. Illegal aliens don't go to prison they need to be senr back to mexico. Personally I don't think they've broken the law they are welcome here. But if we aren't going to take care of them the way we should just send them back families together.

Riders

Oh and BTW Sense the children have not broken the law at all and its not their choice, why are they being held in a cage in prison being charged with trying to cross the border Id like to know why!!!! The children should not be paying the price for the parents decision what are the children even doing in those cages I want to know. Why do they have to suffer and pay the price for doing nothing wrong.

Riders

So AMerica puts innocents babies and children in prison for no reason thats lovely especially sense they a e in inhumane cages.

Shaul

Premium Member
Uh what? Families whose parents go to prison in America don't seperate the family and put children in cages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sense when on Gods green earth did you get that idea. Kids whose parents are in prison get taken in by Child welfare then returned to their parents after they get out.

Sense illegal aliens are illegal its not the law to keep them in prison. The law says they go back to Mexico. So why not sense them back to Mexico as a family? As of right now they are kept in cages seperated from family and when they get place in these centers who take them they have no way of getting in touch with their parents so some have been taken away permanantly and their parents have lost out taking the kids back at all.

The prison sentence does NOT do that. You are way way way off base. Illegal aliens don't go to prison they need to be senr back to mexico. Personally I don't think they've broken the law they are welcome here. But if we aren't going to take care of them the way we should just send them back families together.
After they get out? Like after a twenty years prison term? And what cages are you talking about away? Oh, those made up ones... I guess you have never heard of foster care. Ask the children in it how they like it.

You do know that the illegal immigrant families can return any time they choose, right? I guess these parents would rather have their children in custody than return with them to their countries of origin. Not “Mexico”, by the way. They come from many countries.

idav

Being
Premium Member
After they get out? Like after a twenty years prison term? And what cages are you talking about away? Oh, those made up ones... I guess you have never heard of foster care. Ask the children in it how they like it.

You do know that the illegal immigrant families can return any time they choose, right? I guess these parents would rather have their children in custody than return with them to their countries of origin. Not “Mexico”, by the way. They come from many countries.
Courts and lawsuits are compelling the government to act with dignity regarding the immigration issue. There is no reason to justify a broken system, there is a need to fix the issues smartly and let’s try and treat neighbors like humans. Every situation is different so let’s no act like or assume every parent seeking asylum with their children are violent criminals.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And what cages are you talking about away?
There must be a news blackout in your area.

You do know that the illegal immigrant families can return any time they choose, right?
Only the courts can declare them "illegal", and according to ICE, they estimate that about 1/2 may qualify as refugees, thus not "illegal immigrants" by international and our national law.

Not “Mexico”, by the way. They come from many countries.
Mostly Honduras, Nicaragua, and El Salvador, which are extremely violent countries pretty much dominated in many areas by drug lords that supply illegal drugs to Americans buying them. Don't you think we have some responsibility here, Shaul?

When Jews tried to flee Europe in the late- 30's and early 40's, should they also have been turned away as so many were, thus going to their death? If they were Jews like us, would you feel the same, Shaul? I've asked you this at least a couple times before, and your non-answers are both silent and sickening to me, especially with our memory of the Holocaust.

"Never Again", remember??? And Torah, remember???

Riders

I have seen the videos of them being locked up in cages and Trump himself said he didn't like the way they looked locked up in cages that's why e changed the law.What are you trying to say that Trump was an actor playing him on the news? There are thousands protesting at the wall because of them being cages, I guess they're all made up too, what did they get actors to play the protesters on tv.

BTW Sense almost every single Republican in the white house expressed shock and disgust over the seperation of families, oh wait let me guess they were all actors too. who was the one playing Bushes wife?

Shad

Veteran Member
Only the courts can declare them "illegal", and according to ICE, they estimate that about 1/2 may qualify as refugees, thus not "illegal immigrants" by international and our national law.

ICE can make that determination outside of a court based on method of entry and/or lack of documentation. The court is required for deportation if not voluntary.