• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Failure of Belief or Believer

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Are you implying that rationality somehow opposes subjectiveness?

I think that is a very mistaken assumption, personally.
no. i'm suggesting that Love is an emotion that doesn't operate from the rational aspect as much as it results from the irrational. like the bias towards a person, for some it's a negative/positive, for another it's possibly the opposite.. being irrational isn't always a problem. like symbolism, and things we find amusing.

some things aren't meant to be understood from the objective, but from insight.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
no. i'm suggesting that Love is an emotion that doesn't operate from the rational aspect as much as it results from the irrational. like the bias towards a person, for some it's a negative/positive, for another it's possibly the opposite.. being irrational isn't always a problem. like symbolism, and things we find amusing.

some things aren't meant to be understood from the objective, but from insight.
Sorry, there is just no way for me to support such a grave misconception as yours.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If a person fails as a religious observant, does the person fail, or did the religion?

If a person fails to meet the obligation of his said religion, its his responsibiliy if he feels appropriate. Religion can help or harm peeople depending on how that person uses religion. But the religion cant make someone fail anymore than my being part of a basketball team dooms me to loose the game not on my performance but because Im playing a sport game.

Its the observant not the religion.