• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Failed NT Prophecies about the Second Coming of Jesus

101G

Circles are flat.
LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear, circles are ..... "ROUND", vertical or horizontal.

now another knowledge you didn't KNOW. Genesis 1:8 "And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."
firmament: H7549 רָקִיַע raqiya` (raw-kee'-ah) n-m.
1. (properly) an expanse, i.e. the firmament.
2. (apparently) the visible arch of the sky.
[from H7554]
KJV: firmament.

the people back then knew more that U today....... :D YIKES!

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
LOL, LOL, LOL, Oh dear, circles are ..... "ROUND", vertical or horizontal.

now another knowledge you didn't KNOW. Genesis 1:8 "And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day."
firmament: H7549 רָקִיַע raqiya` (raw-kee'-ah) n-m.
1. (properly) an expanse, i.e. the firmament.
2. (apparently) the visible arch of the sky.
[from H7554]
KJV: firmament.

the people back then knew more that U today....... :D YIKES!

Oh dear oh dear. Round does not mean spherical. The word used in Hebrew indicates that it was not spherical. Once again circles are round an flat.

And the "firmament" is a flat Earth concept too. That is a half dome over the Earth. If you read it it is there to "keep the water out". Seriously. They had not clue about what air is.

People back then were very ignorant when it came to the Earth, they believed the Noah's Ark myth, another Flat Earth belief. You cannot flood a sphere to a depth of five miles. Where did the water come from? Where did the water go?

We have had about 2,500 years of advancement since those books were written. It is not that we are smarter, knowledge accumulates.

Though you may need to retake high school geometry.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So, if you are being intellectually honest, you can now clearly see that these are failed prophecies. Even C.S. Lewis, a renowned Christian apologist, referred to these verses as being the most embarrassing verses in the bible, and admitted that they are clearly erroneous prophecies.
Oh don't you worry, The Bible is a very big book so the Christians will find some other prophecies that they believe mean that Jesus is coming back soon....
Jesus just got delayed in traffic. He is trying to come in the clouds like the Bible says, but He just cannot get through all those thick clouds. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The only thing that is failed, Is you having no understanding anything about Prophecy.
And you do? How can you still believe that Jesus is coming back to this world, when Jesus clearly said:

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

John 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

no more
  1. nothing further.
    "there was no more to be said about it"
  2. no further.
    "you must have some soup, but no more wine"
  3. exist no longer.
    "the patch of ground was overgrown and the hut was no more"
  4. never again.
    "mention his name no more to me"
  5. neither.
    "I had no complaints and no more did Tom"
Definitions from Oxford Languages

101G

And the "firmament" is a flat Earth concept too.
can U "READ?" what did the definition say? "the visible arch", is a arch flat? no. ARCH here is a Noun, when used in A shape resembling, the Meaning is ....... "CURVE".

no wonder the devil can easily deceive an IGNORANT person. it's just unbelievable.
Seriously. They had not clue about what air is.
Seriously, another personal opinion? they breathed it. you need to go back ..... way back and start over.

101G

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
can U "READ?" what did the definition say? "the visible arch", is a arch flat? no. ARCH here is a Noun, when used in A shape resembling, the Meaning is ....... "CURVE".

no wonder the devil can easily deceive an IGNORANT person. it's just unbelievable.

Seriously, another personal opinion? they breathed it. you need to go back ..... way back and start over.

101G
It appears that you have no understanding of geometry. A dome above a flat structure is arched. Why do you think that the "firmament" which again if you read what it supposedly does, does not exist, would have to be above a spherical Earth? The arched firmament does not support either model better than the other.

101G

A dome above a flat structure is arched. Why do you think that the "firmament" which again if you read what it supposedly does, does not exist, would have to be above a spherical Earth? The arched firmament does not support either model better than the other.
ERROR, one question to U. if the EARTH is Flat, have you been to any of the EDGES, where it ENDS at? if yes, please give Coordinates to these locations

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ERROR, one question to U. if the EARTH is Flat, have you been to any of the EDGES, where it ENDS at? if yes, please give Coordinates to these locations

101G.
I am not the one saying that the Earth is flat. The Bible says that. A literal reading of the Bible leads to all sorts of problems. The Noah's Ark myth is not that much different from the Flat Earth claims. If you understand why the Flat Earth claims are not true, then you should be able to understand why the Noah's Ark story never happened either.

The Flat Earth verses show why one should not read the Bible literally. I am not arguing for a flat Earth.

101G

I am not the one saying that the Earth is flat. The Bible says that. A literal reading of the Bible leads to all sorts of problems.
ERROR, it's the UNDERSTANDING one gets when reading the bible Alone or with the Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus.
The Noah's Ark myth is not that much different from the Flat Earth claims. If you understand why the Flat Earth claims are not true, then you should be able to understand why the Noah's Ark story never happened either.
The Noah's Ark, IS NO myth. and two there is no comparison.

101G.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
ERROR, it's the UNDERSTANDING one gets when reading the bible Alone or with the Holy Spirit, the Lord Jesus.

The Noah's Ark, IS NO myth. and two there is no comparison.

101G.
Of course it is a myth.

I do not want to be accused of a strawman fallacy and use my interpretation of the myth. You give me yours. I may need to ask for some additional details. I am sure that I can explain why it never happened. How much of the Earth was flooded? Where did the water come from? Where did it go to? What did the water do? Who died? All of those questions lead to huge problems for that mytn.

And see? You are not all that different from Flat Earthers. They are just a little bit more "devout" than you are..

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
101G.
As with Job 37:3 EDGES as being figurative in 'lightning' unto the ENDS of the Earth.
Isaiah 26:15 KJV ' ends of the earth ' as in borders expanded. Expanded for the nation of spiritual Israel - 1st Peter 2:9,5
Figurative as found at Isaiah 45:22 and Isaiah 52:10; Deut. 33:17
KJV uses ' uttermost parts ' at Psalm 2:8
Psalm 22:27 'ends of the earth' as in Psalm 46:9 that God will make wars cease worldwide .
So, the expression is Not about literal corners or literal end - Psalms 59:13; 67:7; 72:8; 98:3
End also as in direction (N.E.W.S. as in all directions ) Prov. 30:4 even as in how the wind blows.
Even today we speak of the sun rising or sun setting and we know it is Not literal.
Besides Earth is Not flat, and Earth hangs upon nothing just as written at Job 26:7. Even the horizon's curve shows Earth is Not a straight line.

101G

As with Job 37:3 EDGES as being figurative in 'lightning' unto the ENDS of the Earth.
Isaiah 26:15 KJV ' ends of the earth ' as in borders expanded. Expanded for the nation of spiritual Israel - 1st Peter 2:9,5
Psalm 22:27 'ends of the earth' as in Psalm 46:9 that God will make wars cease worldwide .
So, the expression is Not about literal corners or literal end - Psalms 59:13; 67:7; 72:8; 98:3
End also as in direction (N.E.W.S. as in all directions ) Prov. 30:4 even as in how the wind blows.
Even today we speak of the sun rising or sun setting and we know it is Not literal.
Besides Earth is Not flat, and Earth hangs upon nothing just as written at Job 26:7. Even the horizon's curve shows Earth is Not a straight line.
thank you. also it can mean "termination". scripture, Exodus 26:4 "And thou shalt make loops of blue upon the edge of the one curtain from the selvedge in the coupling; and likewise shalt thou make in the uttermost edge of another curtain, in the coupling of the second."
EDGE:
H8193 שָׂפָה saphah (saw-faw') n-f.
שֶׂפֶת sepheth (sef-eth') [dual and plural]
1. the lip (as a natural boundary).
2. (by implication) language.
3. (by analogy) a margin (of a vessel, water, cloth, etc.).
[probably from H5595 or H8192 through the idea of termination]
KJV: band, bank, binding, border, brim, brink, edge, language, lip, prating, (sea-)shore, side, speech, talk, (vain) words.
Root(s): H5595, H8192

101G.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Most Christians believe in the Second Coming of Jesus (along with a final "Judgment Day"), yet very few of them seem to be aware that this second coming and judgment was explicitly prophesied by the gospels to occur within the lifetimes of Jesus' disciples................................
Matthew 10:21-23: "Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.................................
It is good to keep in mind that Matthew 24; Mark 13 and Luke 21 that all have both a 'minor' and a 'MAJOR' fulfillment.
So, just as the circuit was Not completed in the first century, but is now being completed on its now-grand international scale (Matt 24:14; Acts 1:8)
The circuit of the entire inhabited Earth has Not been done before now. Thus, now the time is ripe for Jesus to come ! - Rev. 22:20,2

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
thank you. also it can mean "termination". scripture, Exodus 26:4 "And thou shalt make loops of blue upon the edge of the one curtain from the selvedge in the coupling; and likewise shalt thou make in the uttermost edge of another curtain, in the coupling of the second."
EDGE:
H8193 שָׂפָה saphah (saw-faw') n-f.
שֶׂפֶת sepheth (sef-eth') [dual and plural]
1. the lip (as a natural boundary).
2. (by implication) language.
3. (by analogy) a margin (of a vessel, water, cloth, etc.).
[probably from H5595 or H8192 through the idea of termination]
KJV: band, bank, binding, border, brim, brink, edge, language, lip, prating, (sea-)shore, side, speech, talk, (vain) words.
Root(s): H5595, H8192 101G.
Thank you for your additional informative reference :)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Even today speak of the sun rising or sun setting and we know it is Not literal.
You are being far too generous in your reinterpretation of the Bible. Why not face facts? The writers of the Bible simply lacked knowledge about the Earth. That does not make them lacking in intelligence. That a land based culture did not know that the Earth was spherical was not unreasonable back then.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Interesting to note the lack of responses from Christians to this thread. Not surprising, since the prophecies are so obviously erroneous.

For me the prophecies are not erroneous, just misunderstood and used in threads like this to attack the Bible and Christianity.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
For me the prophecies are not erroneous, just misunderstood and used in threads like this to attack the Bible and Christianity.
If that is the case then you should realize that that is because Christians themselves abuse them. For example if one takes the Tyre prophecy literally it fails. I do not know how one could properly interpret it so that it is not a failure.

101G

For me the prophecies are not erroneous, just misunderstood
Correct, many.... including Christians do not READ the Bible with the "ONLY" TEACHER, the Holy Spirit, who will guide us in ALL TRUTH. Knowledge without understanding is a wreck that has already happen and is now waiting...... waiting for likeminded, (none Holy Spirit taught person) to pile up in the wreck. it's the copycat syndrome.

without knowledge, without understanding....... just a wreck.

101G.

Brian2

Veteran Member
If that is the case then you should realize that that is because Christians themselves abuse them. For example if one takes the Tyre prophecy literally it fails. I do not know how one could properly interpret it so that it is not a failure.

But you do know how one could properly interpret it so that it is not a failure. You just decide to go with your interpretation even when it is not what the prophecy says.