• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fact in favor of the gods: culturologists found about 10000000000 gods.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Oh, me too. I just tend to think of 'willful ignorance' as being oxymoronic, and then I get slapped in the face with clear evidence of it.
It's funny that he thinks he's going to save some of us from hell though. Atheists who hang around religious sites have probably heard this before, and have probably moved past this. I mean, the best man from my wedding thinks I'm bound for Hell, which is fun.

He would be better off targeting believers of different faiths, assuming he thinks they're also going to Hell. Or believers of the same faith who have sinful patterns of behaviour.

Still...far be it from me to help organise proselytizing into something more impactful.

I'm thinking he'd be better off consulting his doctor.

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
dr evil text smaller.jpg

Suave

Simulated character
Fact in favor of the gods: culturologists found about 10000000000 gods. Why are there no facts? Just as Jews do not recognize Jesus, so Atheists do not recognize Jesus and the gods. There are so many gods in the world, and no god is likable??? And satan is also a god; he has his church in the USA. Why do atheists hate satan, revealing that he does not exist?

Are they Christians? How do they know that all gods are idols? Science has not refuted a single god, cult, or religion. Who told Atheists that there are no gods? It's not science that informed them. The atheist will answer: "I told myself." Madness.

The Theists have produced Atheists: "For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you." 1 Corinthians 11:19. Their religious mistakes have produced Atheism.

Because our genetic code's Creator has left this mathematical pattern in our genetic code conveying to me the symbol of an Egyptian triangle as well as the number 37 embedded in our genetic code., there is no denying life's Creator.
Eight of the canonical amino acids can be sufficiently defined by the composition of their codon's first and second base nucleotides. The nucleon sum of these amino acids' side chains is 333 (=37 * 3 squared), the sun of their block nucleons (basic core structure) is 592 (=37 * 4 squared), and the sum of their total nucleons is 925 (=37 * 5 squared ). With 37 factored out, this results in 3 squared + 4 squared = 5 squared, which is representative of an Egyptian triangle.

Wow! Signal of the Terrestrial Genetic Code, Vladimir I. shCherbak, Maxim A. Makukov, 2013, arXiv:1303.6739 [q-bio_OT]
DOI: 10.1016/j.icarus.2013.02.017
Journal reference: Icarus, 2013, 224 (1), 228-242

The “Wow! signal” of the terrestrial genetic code (earth-chronicles.ru)

The mathematical pattern of the number 37 being used as a key factor for conveying an Egyptian triangle might very well be linked to the gematria value of 37 appearing in the Hebrew language of Genesis 1:1.

genesis%2B11%2Bvalues.png

In conclusion, you shall have no other gods before our Creator of the heavens and Earth, we shall have no other gods before life's Creator,

Theists: what would it take? | Religious Forums

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Fact in favor of the gods: culturologists found about 10000000000 gods. Why are there no facts? Just as Jews do not recognize Jesus, so Atheists do not recognize Jesus and the gods. There are so many gods in the world, and no god is likable??? And satan is also a god; he has his church in the USA. Why do atheists hate satan, revealing that he does not exist?

Are they Christians? How do they know that all gods are idols? Science has not refuted a single god, cult, or religion. Who told Atheists that there are no gods? It's not science that informed them. The atheist will answer: "I told myself." Madness.

The Theists have produced Atheists: "For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you." 1 Corinthians 11:19. Their religious mistakes have produced Atheism.

Scientist have determined that there are over 20 quadrillion ants in the world.

Conclusion there are more ants than possible Gods,

Suave

Simulated character

In conclusion, with such plentiful high protein low fat nutritious edibles, there's no excuse for most anybody to be starving. :p

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
satan is also a god; he has his church in the USA.

Yes, in New Hampshire. Please forgive the typo in the sign:

visit-the-park-1920x955.jpg

On this one I can agree. The Supreme Court in the US just made a huge one from American Christianity's perspective, and you can be assured that it will generate extra atheists. Theists in the news are also helping.

Science has not refuted a single god, cult, or religion.

Science has ruled out the possibility of an honest intelligent designer. If evolution were falsified, the existing evidence previously suggesting naturalistic evolution wouldn't disappear. It would merely need to be reinterpreted in the light of the falsifying find. Correct me if you've identified a fallacy here, but I believe that only leaves a deceptive intelligent designer as the only possibility, and religions that don't preach that or allow it as a possibility are false and their gods fictional, which comprises several Abrahamic religions.

Who told Atheists that there are no gods? It's not science that informed them. The atheist will answer: "I told myself."

Yes. Critical thinkers decide what is true themselves. Theists see this as a weakness - a form of impiety - but humanists see it as a strength.

You ought to know a bit about that. Fortunately, you're a savior with "God Jesus inside," so, you're probably immunized against madness.

Nearing Angel of Death is so scary that any human can change mind.

The foxhole argument is not a ringing endorsement for theism. Also, not a problem. I would rather it not be the case that death terrified me into abandoning who I had been for decades and substituting an emotional reaction for a lifetime of contemplation at the end, but I'd prefer it to a conversion coming while I still had years of life to live.

Science tries to limit itself to the old animal brain, connected to the five senses. But they will still use the frontal lobe, which is why science seems to constantly outgrow it previous dogma, in favor of new dogma. .

You seem confused about neuroanatomy and neurophysiology. McClain's model of the tripartite animal brain has been modified since its proposal in the sixties, but it is still essentially a rigid, reptilian brain (brainstem, cerebellum, some basal ganglia) under a more flexible and more modern mammalian brain (amygdala, hippocampus, cingulate gyrus = limbic brain), under a more modern neocortex including the frontal lobe, where the singularly human aspects of brain reside. Science hardly ignores this aspect of brain / mind. The neocortex is where science is done.

three-brains-diagram.jpg

"The five senses" is a pretty unsophisticated assessment of the sensory brain. Touch, for example, is many senses, including pain sensation, temperature sense and vibratory sense. And exteroceptors are just part of the sensory apparatus. The body can be understood as a somatic body - a musculoskeletal shell - surrounding a soft visceral body (guts) regulated by a nervous system that reaches out to them and receives messages from them. The body has multiple sensory systems informing the consciousness of the status of the body. Somatic body sensors inform us of body position and movement among other things. Visceral sensors inform us when we're thirsty or nauseated, for example.

Are you sure that you're qualified to discuss this topic with such a limited understanding of the structure and evolution of the brain? You seem to be dumbing down the science.

And there is no dogma in science. You're confusing science with religion.

I am not sure why atheist prefer see everyone dumb down to the animal brain

Is that meaningful to you? Humanists prefer abandoning faith for reason. Is that what you meant by dumbing down to the animal brain?

And the "animal brain" is all we have, like all other animals with brains. In human beings, it includes a well-developed neocortex with circuits that facilitate symbolic reasoning - the parts scientists among others rely heavily upon to take them from evidence to sound conclusions.

Not to critique you, but is making atheists feel lesser a way to save them?

Thanks, but he doesn't make atheists feel inferior.

Attachments

• upload_2022-9-26_14-9-3.jpeg
    upload_2022-9-26_14-9-3.jpeg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1

Alien826

No religious beliefs
The Theists have produced Atheists: " For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you." 1 Corinthians 11:19. Their religious mistakes have produced Atheism.

In a sense, that is correct. If there were no theists there would be no atheists, or at least the word would be redundant. Discussion of God by two atheists follows.

Atheist 1: There is no god.

Atheist 2: Right.

Atheist 1: Wanna get a beer?

Atheist 2: OK.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There are so many gods in the world, and no god is likable???
Likeable? As I've remarked in the past, if I had to choose just one god to follow, my short list would include Ganesha, Aphrodite and Athena. But likeable is not the same as worshipable, abd worship doesn't confer objective existence.
And satan is also a god; he has his church in the USA. Why do atheists hate satan, revealing that he does not exist?
You don't have to hate any particular god to show that that particular god doesn't exist. If Athena or Ganesha were real we'd all be better educated, for instance, but you can't bring that about just by wishing / praying.
Their religious mistakes have produced Atheism.
I don't think that's the problem. The problem is that the only manner in which gods are known to exist is as concepts, things imagined, in individual brains, hence are not subject to any test of truth.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
And what exactly am I ignoring? Dogmas of my religion? Science has not found a single fact for atheism.

I didn't say you were ignoring anything. I said you were ignorant of what atheism is. Asking a science to find facts proving it would seem to confirm that.

You can find evidence of God compelling. Many do, and that's up to the individual. But there really is little excuse for your constant demonization and misstatements around what atheism is, and what atheists are.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Perhaps there are a large percentage of ants who are Satanists, and they believe they can evolve to become their own personal Gods??

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Really? One billion gods? And gods being gods, after all, with all that power -- one really has to ask oneself what are they doing with their time and abilities?

Or are they all just the laziest things in the universe?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
As a five-year-old, I devoured many ants, but I didn't start legally drinking beer until I was age 19, which used to be legal for a 19-year-old in Wisconsin. :p

maxresdefault.jpg
I ate ants! (Though, they were covered in chocolate, which helped mightily!).

I also got arrested twice for drinking under age. Nobody could ever explain to me why I was allowed to eat bugs but not drink barley. Stupid laws.

Viker

Häxan
Science has no actual clue or care of the nature or number of gods. What they may do is just list the number of known gods for reference and research in things like anthropology.

In my opinion, there are unknown millions of gods. I only pay close attention to nine and I along with others plan on joining them one day. I'm almost there!

rational experiences

Veteran Member
One God the human answer.

Ask any human a question....what species are you?

One species ....the human. One.

How do you create one species?

By two humans and sex...microbial level sperm ovary.

All conversations by a human whose intent was to claim I am one God.

A alpha type is the human and I know I am aware of all things that I human one do personally name.

And still to this day do not even see your own behaviour in action. Your claim I'm a God too by my human say so.

Then you see destroyer. A machine not one as earth is.

The human destroyer takes any substance form then attacks it.

First does not reverence one of any one type.

Destroyer science human exactly known.

Light yesterday's is gone and burnt out as a day. All we have is now. Ignored. no thesis where you came from personally one human. Unless you qualify as medical and only observe sex owns life now.

And state origin parents life now a dust blowing on the wind as correct Theist human one self.