• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Facebook censors Mexican Cardinal

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Telling people what opinions are and aren't allowed by labelling them 'misinformation' is deplorable and soviet. I will never support it. It's not the proper response to people not behaving. Raising children with moral values and feeling a responsibility towards society is a better antidote than simply telling them what to think.

Are blood libel and holocaust denial simply matters of opinion or straight up falsehoods?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Are blood libel and holocaust denial simply matters of opinion or straight up falsehoods?
They're falsehoods, but that doesn't mean, imo, that folks shouldn't be allowed even to have the opinion they have, however controversial, on them. Holocaust denial is outright banned in many countries and I think this is the wrong approach. We should be able to discuss whatever we like as adults, and other adults can choose whether to believe it.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
They're falsehoods, but that doesn't mean, imo, that folks shouldn't be allowed even to have the opinion they have, however controversial, on them. Holocaust denial is outright banned in many countries and I think this is the wrong approach. We should be able to discuss whatever we like as adults, and other adults can choose whether to believe it.

Right. I'm not for censorship either, but I don't think it's unreasonable to give warning when a claim is verifiably false, especially if acting upon that false information can cause harm. The last 4 years - especially 2020 - have proven that way too many adults are incapable of making rational decisions and don't hesitate to jeopardize others for the selfish sake of their own religious/political ideologies, facts and logic be damned.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
It's retarded.....that's what it is.

The context is there for those that wish to listen.

The context is just as absurd as the direct quote. Do you have any evidence of a NWO or a plan to microchip the COVID vaccine or any other?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
The context is just as absurd as the direct quote. Do you have any evidence of a NWO or a plan to microchip the COVID vaccine or any other?

That's your favorite word ain't it? :laughing:

Well, given that I don't see him talking about the current COVID vaccine; there really isn't anything that needs to be said other than to disagree with him.

But I know it's irresistible and you can't help yourself.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Telling people what opinions are and aren't allowed by labelling them 'misinformation' is deplorable and soviet. I will never support it. It's not the proper response to people not behaving. Raising children with moral values and feeling a responsibility towards society is a better antidote than simply telling them what to think.
This sort of rubbish is really extremely annoying. I am sick and tired of hearing this kind of thing, from you or anyone else.

These are not "opinions". They are false statements of FACT. There is NO New World Order. There are NO microchips in sodding vaccines. We even have rules on this very forum, to stop pepple promoting false information about Covid 19.

Pretending these are just "opinions", that can be legitimately held and repeated to whatever on-line audience of credulous idiots may be watching, is balls. This sort of weak failure to differentiate truth from lies is exactly what has given us Trump - and a close call with a fascist insurrection in the USA.

You are a staff member here, for Christ's sake.

Grow some analytical faculties!

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
These are not "opinions". They are false statements of FACT.
They may well be false statements, but I still don't believe they need a warning as though we are children. People can come to all sorts of crazy conclusions about whatever they like and say it's a fact. They are entitled to do so.

There is NO New World Order. There are NO microchips in sodding vaccines.
Bro, I never said I believe any of this; I don't. I believe he has a right to say it without someone slapping a label on him instead of letting people come to conclusions by themselves. That's my issue.

We even have rules on this very forum, to stop pepple promoting false information about Covid 19.
Yes, I know...

Pretending these are just "opinions", that can be legitimately held and repeated to whatever on-line audience of credulous idiots may be watching, is balls. This sort of weak failure to differentiate truth from lies is exactly what has given us Trump - and a close call with a fascist insurrection in the USA.
Some are just opinions, some are falsehoods. You can say whatever you please on the internet, or at least you used to be able to. People can and will believe whatever they like without some other authority telling them. I don't give a damn what people say or believe; I care about what they do.

Quiddity

This sort of rubbish is really extremely annoying. I am sick and tired of hearing this kind of thing, from you or anyone else.

These are not "opinions". They are false statements of FACT. There is NO New World Order. There are NO microchips in sodding vaccines. We even have rules on this very forum, to stop pepple promoting false information about Covid 19.

You are a staff member here, for Christ's sake.

Grow some analytical faculties!

This is stupid.

No one thus far has even bothered to see if the Bishop said anything false about COVID.

For goodness sake, listen to the video and grab someone that speaks the language if you like.

It's regurgitating nonsense and it's this impulsive response that makes dialogue difficult.

This is balls.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
That's your favorite word ain't it? :laughing:

Well, given that I don't see him talking about the current COVID vaccine; there really isn't anything that needs to be said other than to disagree with him.

But I know it's irresistible and you can't help yourself.

I asked about the alleged NWO, as well as the COVID vaccine or any other.

You are dancing instead of engaging the questions I'm asking.

Why is that? If you agree with the bishop, just say so and provide the reasons.

Quiddity

I asked about the alleged NWO, as well as the COVID vaccine or any other.

You are dancing instead of engaging the questions I'm asking.

Why is that? If you agree with the bishop, just say so and provide the reasons.

Wait, so you are entertaining the censoring of a theoretical vaccine in the future?

You are hardcore. :openmouth:

Please tell me I'm wrong.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Wait, so you are entertaining the censoring of a theoretical vaccine in the future?

You are hardcore. :openmouth:

Please tell me I'm wrong.

No, I'm claiming your claims about the "context" of his comments are rather shallow. I'm claiming there's no evidence of a NWO. I'm claiming there is no cabal of men who orchestrate and perpetuate these pandemics, which is what the bishop claimed (ergo, it's misinformation. Obviously). I'm claiming there's no evidence of microchips in the COVID vaccine or any other being planned in the future.

Now.

Are you planning to give a straightforward answer to any of my questions? Or will you continue to dance and deflect?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I know the difference. The point is that it's a private company as you noted and it determines what it wants to censor whether or not it has to do with safety.

Once again, are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure private entities have this right. People also have the right to criticize said entities' decisions, of course, but I'm not criticizing Facebook's decision in this instance because I think it was spot on.

Quiddity

No, I'm claiming your claims about the "context" of his comments are rather shallow. I'm claiming there's no evidence of a NWO. I'm claiming there is no cabal of men who orchestrate and perpetuate these pandemics, which is what the bishop claimed (ergo, it's misinformation. Obviously). I'm claiming there's no evidence of microchips in the COVID vaccine or any other being planned in the future.

Now.

Are you planning to give a straightforward answer to any of my questions? Or will you continue to dance and deflect?
You really wanna win this don’t you?

You win.

Look, if you go back and read my initial posts, you will quickly see that the NWO was mentioned as a synopsis of what he is talking about in the video. That apparently triggered you even though I never noted that I believed it or even cared to make that topic. In fact, I made that clear by noting my disinterest in it, but you saw blood in the water and ran with it. The topic was censoring. That is far from a claim and if you saw it as shallow, it’s likely because you are grasping at something that isn’t there.

Last edited:

Quiddity

Yes, I'm sure private entities have this right. People also have the right to criticize said entities' decisions, of course, but I'm not criticizing Facebook's decision in this instance because I think it was spot on.

You know full well that isn't what I was asking. The question was, are you sure the Bishop is saying and concluding what you have in mind?

At this point, it's rather obvious you will simply call upon the great reason fairy and believe facebook.

Not to worry, none of us are immune from it. But in this case, your presuppositions ooze out of my screen.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Who?

And what exactly does this add to the conversation?
Aren't you defending the right of someone spreading false and misleading information concerning vaccines?
Blaming facebook for enforcing its rules?
Do you think people should be able to say whatever they want regardless of the rules and TOS?
Would you support extremely racist language on facebook being censored?