• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face value?

King Phenomenon

Well we could start with a basic from your OP:

Matthew 7:6 “Don’t give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they 'trample them under their feet' (יסוס - j+sus), and turn and 'tear you to pieces' (יסס - j+ses).

Isaiah 51:8 For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the grub (j+sēs - יסס) shall eat them like wool; but my righteousness will be forever, and my salvation (Yeshua) to all generations.

In my opinion. :innocent:
Still don't see the hidden meaning you speak of.

syo

So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seams to me there might be a hidden meaning. What say you?
I don't know what hidden meaning you imply.

syo

Someone already asked that and I answered. You can go back and see answer. I'm more interested in other opinions. That's what this post is about.
I can give you my opinion gladly.

I think that "Jesus WILL return" creates future tense. :cool::)

King Phenomenon

I don't think there's any hidden meaning or other motive for them. Much of these two billion genuinely believe it to be true. Of course there are likely tens of millions just going along with the ride running through the motions. Some may take it all in as just metaphorical.
I'm not buying that 2 billion people "genuinely" buy it, sorry.

Trinity Stooge

.Ii¿⊙?!I.

Consider the following:

"The cow kicked the bucket."

Does that statement mean anything? Is the meaning apparent, or is it hidden? Who provides the meaning, the one who writes, or the one who reads. If the meaning is hidden then who hides it, and how is it accomplished?

King Phenomenon

Consider the following:

"The cow kicked the bucket."

Does that statement mean anything? Is the meaning apparent, or is it hidden? Who provides the meaning, the one who writes, or the one who reads. If the meaning is hidden then who hides it, and how is it accomplished?
It's cool if you don't want to offer your opinion on it's hidden meaning.

Colt

So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seems to me there's a hidden meaning. What say you?
I believe that the kingdom is spiritual and already established by Jesus when he was here the first time. God rules already in the kingdom of heaven, in those dedicated to doing his will. Jesus said he would return but that will be for a visit not permanently. This world is not the home of the Son, it’s one of the many inhabited worlds that he created. IMOP

King Phenomenon

I believe that the kingdom is spiritual and already established by Jesus when he was here the first time. God rules already in the kingdom of heaven, in those dedicated to doing his will. Jesus said he would return but that will be for a visit not permanently. This world is not the home of the Son, it’s one of the many inhabited worlds that he created. IMOP
So the Son be chillin' on another planet? Far out!

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seems to me there's a hidden meaning. What say you?

"The Kingdom is in and around you." Sounds like the same one but better. Jesus wanted a better Judaism, not a new religion.

InChrist

Free4ever
I don’t think Jesus intended that we assume His words have hidden meanings...

Jesus answered him, “I spoke openlyto the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing. John 18:20

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If I am with you always, how can one return? Isn't it already here?

So if it's here, did the watcher waiting for the return miss something?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don’t think Jesus intended that we assume His words have hidden meanings...

Jesus answered him, “I spoke openlyto the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing. John 18:20
Speaking openly doesn't mean everyone understands what was said.

Thus 40000 denominations