• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face value?

King Phenomenon

So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seems to me there's a hidden meaning. What say you?

Last edited:

Viker

Häxan
I don't think there's any hidden meaning or other motive for them. Much of these two billion genuinely believe it to be true. Of course there are likely tens of millions just going along with the ride running through the motions. Some may take it all in as just metaphorical.

King Phenomenon

I don't think there's any hidden meaning or other motive for them. Much of these two billion genuinely believe it to be true. Of course there are likely tens of millions just going along with the ride running through the motions. Some may take it all in as just metaphorical.
Metaphorical to what?

Truth in love

So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seams to me there might be a hidden meaning. What say you?

Seems straight forward to me.

If there is a hidden agenda behind hope for a better future, being kind to others and making good choices they kept it very well hidden. (Yes there are some folks trying to get nice cars, big boats etc out of talking about it, but the large majority of folks are not into that).

King Phenomenon

Seems straight forward to me.

If there is a hidden agenda behind hope for a better future, being kind to others and making good choices they kept it very well hidden. (Yes there are some folks trying to get nice cars, big boats etc out of talking about it, but the large majority of folks are not into that).
Straight forward?

Trinity Stooge

.Ii¿⊙?!I.
So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seams to me there might be a hidden meaning. What say you?

When it comes to the Bible, I think the first place we should look for hidden meaning is behind the wish that it said something else.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
It isn't only 2 billion by the way; most of the Abrahamic religions expect the Messiah to bring in the Messianic Age:
  • 2.56 billion Christians +
  • 1.9 billion Muslims +
  • 15.2 million Jews +
    It is also possible to show the Messiah is Kalki/Skanda before the Age of Enlightenment in the Dharmic religions:
  • 1.16 billion Hindus +
  • 400 million Buddhists =
  • (6035200000) six billion thirty-five million two hundred thousand.
The 'Hidden Meaning' is there in plain sight; yet people don't see, as they've not been shown how to study the symbolism sufficiently.

In my opinion. :innocent:

King Phenomenon

It isn't only 2 billion by the way; most of the Abrahamic religions expect the Messiah to bring in the Messianic Age:
  • 2.56 billion Christians +
  • 1.9 billion Muslims +
  • 15.2 million Jews +
    It is also possible to show the Messiah is Kalki/Skanda before the Age of Enlightenment in the Dharmic religions:
  • 1.16 billion Hindus +
  • 400 million Buddhists =
  • (6035200000) six billion thirty-five million two hundred thousand.
The 'Hidden Meaning' is there in plain sight; yet people don't see, as they've not been shown how to study the symbolism sufficiently.

So what's the hidden meaning that's in plain sight?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
So what's the hidden meaning that's in plain sight?
Well we could start with a basic from your OP:

Matthew 7:6 “Don’t give that which is holy to the dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, lest perhaps they 'trample them under their feet' (יסוס - j+sus), and turn and 'tear you to pieces' (יסס - j+ses).

Isaiah 51:8 For the moth will eat them up like a garment, and the grub (j+sēs - יסס) shall eat them like wool; but my righteousness will be forever, and my salvation (Yeshua) to all generations.