• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face value?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seems to me there's a hidden meaning. What say you?
I think its long past it's expiration date.

But if one wants to wait for something that isn't going to happen, I'd say knock yourself out.

Eh,. Probably keeps people out of trouble.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Probably because everyone tries finding hidden meanings or imposing their own interpretations on Jesus’ words, rather than just accepting what He plainly said.
Most people don't appreciate what they are simply given and didn't work for. Or they take for granted what they've become to used to.

Mark 4:11

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I don't address weirdness. haha
The idea comes from the same book your idea on this thread comes from. Doesn't matter if someone or something is returning if the Seeker overlooked the obvious. DUH!

InChrist

Free4ever
Most people don't appreciate what they are simply given and didn't work for. Or they take for granted what they've become to used to.

Mark 4:11
Yes, I can agree with that to a certain degree, because people do tend to take things for granted or show a lack of appreciation.
The scriptures are pretty clear though that the mystery has been revealed to those who belong to Christ...

Ephesians 3

Colossians 1:24-29

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes, I can agree with that to a certain degree, because people do tend to take things for granted or show a lack of appreciation.
The scriptures are pretty clear though that the mystery has been revealed to those who belong to Christ...

Ephesians 3

Colossians 1:24-29
to those who aren't christ realized, the mystery remains.

The mystery is love. To many take it for granted.

Five Solas

So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seems to me there's a hidden meaning. What say you?

Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.
(1 Corinthians 1)

Sheldon

Veteran Member
That's just a form of argumentum ad populum fallacy. The number of people who hold a belief, tells us absolutely nothing about it's validity. Claiming something has a hidden or esoteric meaning, is also a pretty obvious appeal to mystery, it's pretty meaningless without corroborating objective evidence.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Sometimes when people hear ' new earth ' they think of a new planet Earth which is biblically Not the case.
Our Earth will be 'new' in the sense that wicked people, people who bring ruin to Earth, will be gone - Rev. 11:18 B
'Earth abides forever' according to Ecclesiastes 1:4 B; Psalms 104:5.
Also, in Scripture when it speaks of the heavens it is in connection to rulership because of being lofty over others.
So, the ' new earth' and ' new heavens ' mean a cleansed earth, and Jesus as heavenly ruler governing over earth.

King Phenomenon

Sometimes when people hear ' new earth ' they think of a new planet Earth which is biblically Not the case.
Our Earth will be 'new' in the sense that wicked people, people who bring ruin to Earth, will be gone - Rev. 11:18 B
Also, in Scripture when it speaks of the heavens it is in connection to rulership because of being lofty over others.
So, the ' new earth' and ' new heavens ' mean a cleansed earth, and Jesus as heavenly ruler governing over earth.
thank god theres multiple meanings in english. haha. so how do you get around the word resurrecrion? haha

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady

I hope that the people who actually live by Jesus' positive teachings are those that will be in this new earth, regardless of religion. Those who are being selfish, yet worship Jesus, should not be in the new earth. They have much to learn about humility.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think its long past it's expiration date.
But if one wants to wait for something that isn't going to happen, I'd say knock yourself out.
Eh,. Probably keeps people out of trouble..

No, Not long past because first the good news of God's Kingdom (Daniel 2:44-45) would have to be declared on a grand global-international scale just as Jesus said at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
True, we are at that ' final phase ' of spreading what Jesus said on a world-wide scale.
But, we have Not yet reached the ' final signal ', so to speak, of 1 Thessalonians 5:2-3.
So, "yes" it will happen when the powers in charge are saying, " Peace and Security...." that is the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Rev. 7:14, 9 before Jesus takes the power as found at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........ so how do you get around the word resurrection? haha

Easy to get around the word resurrection because as gospel writer Luke wrote at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be..... ' (future) a resurrection......
A resurrection for both the righteous and unrighteous. (only the wicked destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22)

Some people do have a first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10.
They are referred to as saints/holy ones - Daniel 7:18 - and have a heavenly resurrection.
The majority of mankind can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection here on Earth.
All the resurrections Jesus performed were physical resurrections thus giving us a coming attraction, a preview of what earthly resurrections Jesus will be doing on a grand-global scale during his thousand-year reign over Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I hope that the people who actually live by Jesus' positive teachings are those that will be in this new earth, regardless of religion. Those who are being selfish, yet worship Jesus, should not be in the new earth. They have much to learn about humility.
"Yes" as Jesus forewarned us at Matthew 7:21-23 the MANY who call him as Lord proving false will be gone.
Since Jesus is both King and Judge at his coming Glory Time of separation (Matthew 25:31-34,37) only those who prove themselves to be haughty ' goats ' will be gone - Proverbs 2:21-22

King Phenomenon

give people a chance to grow. We all grow

King Phenomenon

Easy to get around the word resurrection because as gospel writer Luke wrote at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be..... ' (future) a resurrection......
A resurrection for both the righteous and unrighteous. (only the wicked destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Psalms 104:35; Proverbs 2:21-22)

Some people do have a first or earlier resurrection - Revelation 20:6; Revelation 5:9-10; Revelation 2:10.
They are referred to as saints/holy ones - Daniel 7:18 - and have a heavenly resurrection.
The majority of mankind can have a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection here on Earth.
All the resurrections Jesus performed were physical resurrections thus giving us a coming attraction, a preview of what earthly resurrections Jesus will be doing on a grand-global scale during his thousand-year reign over Earth.
so phsically rising from the dead is acceptable but a literal new earth is a no no?

Messianic Israelite

There's no hidden meaning. According to the Bible, Yahshua will return to this earth after Yahweh has deemed it necessary to put an end to the age of man and Yahshua will rule over the entire world.

King Phenomenon

There's no hidden meaning. According to the Bible, Yahshua will return to this earth after Yahweh has deemed it necessary to put an end to the age of man and Yahshua will rule over the entire world.
oh i see, you think his spirit will return in a different body. Like it could be a white man in texas type deal

Messianic Israelite

oh i see, you think his spirit will return in a different body. Like it could be a white man in texas type deal

Hi Moon. Good evening. The body Yahshua will have when he returns to this earth is described in Revelation 1:14-16. Yahshua will return from heaven, where he sits on the right hand side of Yahweh. He will not be a man born on this earth. Yahshua has been born again as spirit. Mark 14:62 says:

"And Yahshua said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."

and Revelation 1:7:

"Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they that pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over him. Even so, Amen."

King Phenomenon

Hi Moon. Good evening. The body Yahshua will have when he returns to this earth is described in Revelation 1:14-16. Yahshua will return from heaven, where he sits on the right hand side of Yahweh. He will not be a man born on this earth. Yahshua has been born again as spirit. Mark 14:62 says:

"And Yahshua said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting at the right hand of Power, and coming with the clouds of heaven."

and Revelation 1:7:

"Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they that pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth shall mourn over him. Even so, Amen."
wheres his spirit now, mars?