• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Face value?

King Phenomenon

John 3:13 says: "And no one hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended out of heaven, even the Son of man, who is in heaven." Yahshua our Savior is in heaven at the current time, acting as our intermediary.
so his spirit is in heaven now but will be on earth when he returns. seems a little wishy washy to me.

Messianic Israelite

so his spirit is in heaven now but will be on earth when he returns. seems a little wishy washy to me.

Hi Moon. It depends what you mean by His Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given to those that obey Yahweh we read in Acts 5:32. However, Yahshua, a spirit being, is in heaven with Yahweh. It's not wishy washy. When Yahshua returns to this earth he will rule over the children of men and legislate the keeping of Yahweh's perfect Laws.

King Phenomenon

Hi Moon. It depends what you mean by His Spirit. The Holy Spirit is given to those that obey Yahweh we read in Acts 5:32. However, Yahshua, a spirit being, is in heaven with Yahweh. It's not wishy washy. When Yahshua returns to this earth he will rule over the children of men and legislate the keeping of Yahweh's perfect Laws.
You're making this way harder than I care to understand. Peace

Messianic Israelite

you lost me. take care. things that are too complex to simply comprehend i stay away from. this isnt rocket science. well maybe for some
Hi Moon. Sorry you haven't understood. It's simple to me anyway. Yahshua was a human being who had the Holy Spirit when on this earth. After his death, he ascended to heaven and sat on the right hand side of Yahweh as a spirit being. John 3:6 says: "6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born anew." Yahshua was born anew. He now has a spirit body. We also shall receive spiritual bodies in the Kingdom of Yahweh if we are faithful to Yahweh (1 Corinthians 15:44 and 1 Corinthians 15:52). Yahshua will return to this earth and rule from Jerusalem over the entire world with the help of his saints.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
so phsically rising from the dead is acceptable but a literal new earth is a no no?
Right, a happy-and-healthy physical resurrection for both the righteous and unrighteous to be here on Earth.
Nothing is wrong with the Earth, just anyone who would bring ruin to Earth - Revelation 11:18 B
The Bible speaks of the heavens and earth of OLD meaning: in Noah's Day at 2 Peter 3:5
Since Noah's Day the heavens and earth are the ones of NOW our day, our time frame since Noah - 2 Peter 3:7
The coming NEW heavens and earth are the NEW found at - 2 Peter 3:13
Just as the heavens and earth was Not replaced in Noah's Day, the Earth will Not be replaced but remain.
Difference is only humble meek people will inherit the Earth as promised at Psalms 37:9-11; Matthew 5:5.
One reason is because humble meek people will do God's Will (His purpose) to make Earth a beautiful paradisical Earth as Eden originally was -
SURAH XXXIX 73
SURAH XXI 105

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
................. Yahshua will return to this earth and rule from Jerusalem over the entire world with the help of his saints.

Yes, Jesus will return in the sense that Jesus will govern over Earth from the heavens.
This is because the world would behold (see) Jesus No more -> John 14:19.
Since Pentecost (Acts chapter 2) it is No longer national Jerusalem but 'Jerusalem above '- Galatians 4:26
Jesus' return will be seen with the 'mind's eye' because the 'sword-like executional words from Jesus' mouth' will rid the Earth of the wicked - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Before God ( a Spirit Person ) sent pre-human heavenly Jesus to earth for us Jesus was also a spirit person.
So, it is Not his spirit, but spirit-person Jesus who returns who is in heaven with his God - Hebrews 9:24; Revelation 3:12
Returns with his invisible spirit angelic armies - Revelation 19:14. Mankind will never see them - John 14:19 A

It is hard in the English language to note there is a difference between a Spirit (angelic) person, and one's life's spirit.
We rightly think of a horse as a animal, and a High-Spirited horse as a lively living horse.
We think of school spirit and know that is Not a person but as a pep rally helps create lively school spirit.
A person's spirit ( his life's spirit ) is a neuter "it" according to Ecclesiastes 12:7 and Not a spirit person.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seems to me there's a hidden meaning. What say you?
I don't think there is any hidden meaning, except that 'new' Earth does not mean a new planet. Just the same Earth under much better conditions - peaceful and happier, no hunger, no war, no mean people etc. There may be some miracles, but no weird stuff like the rapture or resurrection of the dead.

BTW, according to Islam, there will be two Saviors coming - first the Imam Mahdi and then Jesus.

Some Jews also believe in two Saviors - Moshiach ben David and Moshiach ben Joseph.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So 2 billion people actually believe Jesus will return and rule with a new earth? Hmm. Seems to me there's a hidden meaning. What say you?
I reach into my old reliable quote-bag and lo! ─

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”

Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.

Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”

Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.

Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”​

So the Jesuses of Mark, Matthew and Luke are all in Apocalyptic mode.

And I guess the message is, better 2000 years late than never.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I reach into my old reliable quote-bag and lo! ─
Mark 9:1 And he said to them, “Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see that the kingdom of God has come with power.”
Mark 13:28 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 29 So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 30 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away before all these things take place.
Matthew 10:23When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Matthew 16:28 Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.”
Matthew 24:32 “From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34 Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away till all these things take place.
Luke 9:27 But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”So the Jesuses of Mark, Matthew and Luke are all in Apocalyptic mode. And I guess the message is, better 2000 years late than never.​

Remember: the ^ above ^ is in connection to the Transfiguration VISION - Matthew 17:9
The Transfiguration was Not a real happening but a VISION of what is to come.
They got a foregleam, a preview, a coming future attraction.
The message is Not late - Habakkuk 2:2-3

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I don't think there is any hidden meaning, except that 'new' Earth does not mean a new planet. Just the same Earth under much better conditions - peaceful and happier, no hunger, no war, no mean people etc. There may be some miracles, but no weird stuff like the rapture or resurrection of the dead...................

I agree No rapture, but definitely resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:12-17 A
No resurrection equals No hope.

Pudding

In some periods in many places, many abrahamic barbarians force many people to join their religions follow-up with generations of generations of indoctrinating brain wash programs, it ends up their religions become very widespread in our world.

The hidden meaning 1 is that wide areas of force convert and long periods of indoctrinating brain wash programs are a very effective way to spread a religion.

If instead those barbarians force people to worship Unicorn/Fairy/whatever similar things, our world will be ends up with many people who worship Unicorn/Fairy/whatever similar things. So it means that the things that many people worship today is greatly influence and decided by those barbarians. As a result, the hidden meaning 2 is that we live in a crazy world.

Last edited:

Messianic Israelite

Yahweh is the Hebrew name which when translated into English is: Jehovah - Psalms 83:18 KJV
Yahshua is the Hebrew name for Jesus.

Hi URAVIP2ME. Good afternoon. Not quite true. The spelling Yahweh is the best way how we can say (transliterate) the Name of the Most High in English. Jehovah is a mispronunciation of the Name. James Moffatt, a widely known Bible translator says "One crucial instance of the difficulty offered by a Hebrew term lies in the prehistoric name given at the exodus by the Hebrew given to their God. Strictly speaking, this ought to be rendered 'Yahweh' which is familiar to modern readers in the erroneous form of 'Jehovah'." A New Translation, James Moffatt, (Harper & Brothers publishers, 1954) Introduction - page 21. The Encyclopedia Judaica also tells us that the Name was Yahweh and so pronounced.

In terms of the term 'Jesus', when we come to the only logical conclusion we can reach, which is that the New Testament was originally written in the Semitic tongue, then we must conclude that there is no basis whatsoever for using a Latinized form of a Greek substitution for the authentic Semitic Name of our Savior. But yes, the Savior's name, was Yahshua.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hi URAVIP2ME. Good afternoon. Not quite true. The spelling Yahweh is the best way how we can say (transliterate) the Name of the Most High in English. Jehovah is a mispronunciation of the Name. James Moffatt, a widely known Bible translator says "One crucial instance of the difficulty offered by a Hebrew term lies in the prehistoric name given at the exodus by the Hebrew given to their God. Strictly speaking, this ought to be rendered 'Yahweh' which is familiar to modern readers in the erroneous form of 'Jehovah'." A New Translation, James Moffatt, (Harper & Brothers publishers, 1954) Introduction - page 21. The Encyclopedia Judaica also tells us that the Name was Yahweh and so pronounced.
In terms of the term 'Jesus', when we come to the only logical conclusion we can reach, which is that the New Testament was originally written in the Semitic tongue, then we must conclude that there is no basis whatsoever for using a Latinized form of a Greek substitution for the authentic Semitic Name of our Savior. But yes, the Savior's name, was Yahshua.

In Greek Jesus is Iesous'. In Hebrew Jesus is Yehohshua'. Yahweh in Greek: as Iabe' or Iaoue' for Jehovah.
One Jewish professor to told me besides two syllables for the Tetragrammaton YHWH there are scholars that read God's name as: Ye.ho.wah'
Those vowel points are also true as found in the Codex Leningrad B 19 a.
Ginsburg's edition of the Masoretic text also vowel points the Divine Name as Yehowah'.
King James uses the acceptable English translation of God's name at Psalms 83:18 as Jehovah.

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
I agree No rapture, but definitely resurrection - 1 Corinthians 15:12-17 A
No resurrection equals No hope.
The dead are already living in a different body in purgatory or in 'heaven' or somewhere else - so no need for despair. They don't need their decomposed bodies that are in graves on Earth.

The Return of the Christ will not change anything for the dead. It will only change circumstances for those living on Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The dead are already living in a different body in purgatory or in 'heaven' or somewhere else - so no need for despair. They don't need their decomposed bodies that are in graves on Earth.
The Return of the Christ will not change anything for the dead. It will only change circumstances for those living on Earth.

I can't find a Purgatory teaching in the Bible.
I can find the dead are dead according to Jesus at John 11:11-14 - just sleeping and Not in pain.
And also in the OT the dead are in a sleep-like state at Psalms 115:17; Isaiah 38:18; Ecclesiastes 9:5.
Right, the dead do Not need decomposed bodies but are resurrected because of being in God's memory.
Right, the Return of Christ, Jesus' coming Glory Time of separation on Earth is for the living - Matthew 25:31-34.
The circumstances change for the 'goats' because they will be gone forever - Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15.
The circumstances change for the 'sheep' because they can be here on Earth to see calendar Day One of Jesus'
coming 1,000 year governmental reign over Earth, and continue to live forever here on Earth forever.
it is Not until after the start of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day of governing over Earth that the earthly resurrection will begin.
That is why the ' future tense' is used at Acts of the Apostles 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.....

soulsurvivor

Premium Member
Most Catholics believe in Purgatory - that is a majority of Christians (btw I am not a Christian).

A 1000 year reign of the Christ over Earth may occur after his return, but I doubt if people will live that much longer than they do now. Life on Earth after the Christ returns will be much better, but not that different from now - just one of peace, justice and abundance.

But you are right about the 'goats' no longer being around. After the 1000 year reign (could be a bit longer), life will still continue as before, just without the Christ himself being on Earth (God will appoint someone else to take his place to rule on Earth).