• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

F35s, Israel & Iran

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Of course I am saying that. NATO was set up to protect you guys from the big bad Russkies during the cold war. Now if you want to trade with who we are helping you keep at bay, then drop out of NATO.
The Cold War ended 30 years ago.

Also, i thought you and the rest of the Trumpettes all loved Russia now, Donny Dollhands refuses to enforce sanctions against them, so why should anyone else by restricted from trade with them? Another double standard?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
So USA has become dictators over Nato, thats a good one.
It would be good if Nato coutries saw what UA has become. and kicked them out of Nato

Now that I think about, i may have to agree with you. I have operated with NATO troops and ships and it turned into a potential nightmare. Fortunately there are rational minds in your part of the world that realize what a US presence means for peace in the region. Sleep well, my friend,. Your country is being protected by US of A.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Now that I think about, i may have to agree with you. I have operated with NATO troops and ships and it turned into a potential nightmare. Fortunately there are rational minds in your part of the world that realize what a US presence means for peace in the region. Sleep well, my friend,. Your country is being protected by US of A.
Do you really think i sleep well because of USA? Not a chance in Hell.

74x12

They did not like US supporting Kurds.
Yes Turkey has legitimate complaints against some Kurdish groups. But remember that it was the Kurds who did so much good fighting Isis. Now we just throw them under the bus for Turkey's good will. Typical.

Last edited:

74x12

The Cold War ended 30 years ago.

Also, i thought you and the rest of the Trumpettes all loved Russia now, Donny Dollhands refuses to enforce sanctions against them, so why should anyone else by restricted from trade with them? Another double standard?
I don't like the Trump administration on many things; but you should be glad they at least tried to patch things up with Russia. We were close to nuclear war before the election. Tensions are still very high even now.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Be

Because there is nothing wrong in buying from Russia. Nothing says that Nato members must only buy from USA or other Nato members
Apparently there is a US law about this abbreviated as CAATSA which mandates the cutoff fighter sales to Turkey.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yes Turkey has legitimate complaints against some Kurdish groups. But remember that it was the Kurds who did so much good fighting Isis. Now we just through them under the bus for Turkey's good will. Typical.
The situation with the Kurds is a typical middle-east mess. They are our friends but Turkey is their enemy but has been our friend until now. I think we're better off supporting the Kurds.

Kangaroo Feathers

I don't like the Trump administration on many things; but you should be glad they at least tried to patch things up with Russia. We were close to nuclear war before the election. Tensions are still very high even now.
Cool goal post shift.

Kangaroo Feathers

The situation with the Kurds is a typical middle-east mess. They are our friends but Turkey is their enemy but has been our friend until now. I think we're better off supporting the Kurds.
This is the problem with Americans (and Westerners generally) and their understanding of the Middle East. Americans are predisposed to think of everything in stark, unshifting goodguy/badguy dualities. The Middle East doesn't work that way, it's an ecosystem of a million shifting alliances and enmities, and the people you are allied with today may be your enemy tomorrow, and the people you were allied against yesterday might be your new allies tomorrow. Sometimes groups can be your enemy and ally at the same time, as recently was the case in the coalition against ISIS, where several groups who despise each other and regularly fight allied against a common enemy. All of which makes it very difficult for outsiders to get a clear idea of what's going on, and certainly makes any blundering influence by external forces likely to cause unforeseen outcomes. Westerners can spend their entire careers studying the Middle East and STILL get it wrong, the average layman brought up from childhood to think in Evil Empire vs. Good Rebel Alliance dualities haven't got a hope.

We still think of the world in terms appropriate for dealing with homogenous, centralised states, like how we opposed the German baddies, and then the Russian Baddies. Everything was clear cut, we knew who the bad guy was, what his motivation was, and what to do about it. In the Middle East, your best friend might stab you in the back while smiling at your face, your worst enemy might be the one protecting you from someone worse while calling for your death, and tomorrow they might completely switch roles for reasons that are largely opaque to you.