• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

explode God's head

+Xausted

if everyone all over the world ceased to believe in God at the same time,....
what would God do?

+Xausted

maybe he would redesign us , since when master is not believed in by the created, then he gotta doubt his abilities as a God:eek:

rheff78

I'm your huckleberry.
he would still exist. Just like sound still exists to deaf people and light to blind people. Just because you can't see or hear or think of it, it still exists.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
he would still exist. Just like sound still exists to deaf people and light to blind people. Just because you can't see or hear or think of it, it still exists.
Although, sound doesn't exist to deaf people, because sound is just the brain interpreting vibrating air molecules.

Khale

I am going to assume we're talking about the Judeo-Christian god, as that is what these threads usually entail. So, now the question comes down to whether this is OT god or NT God.

If it is OT God then woe be upon you and everyone ye love! If had to guess His reaction, might be extreme in the best case scenario. Things will be kicked off by a natural disaster with a twist. Perhaps earthquakes who's tears in the earth actually hunted down and devoured people. Maybe, rain that was blood, and acid, and rabid wolverines. Needless to say things would not go well, and they would not go well in an elaborate and lengthy way.

Now, If were talking NT God we've got a couple of options: Threats of retribution or gentle guidance. For threats, were looking at some strongly worded letters, or perhaps the angry prophet or two, at worst were looking at a giant talking eagle screaming bad things. Disturbing, but nothing too bad. Just enough to scare us straight, as it were. As for gentle guidance, were looking at maybe an interim Jesus or perhaps even Jesus v2.0. Perhaps a cult of well meaning Samaritans. Really just prophets with less fire and brimstone.

+Xausted

I am going to assume we're talking about the Judeo-Christian god, as that is what these threads usually entail. So, now the question comes down to whether this is OT god or NT God.

If it is OT God then woe be upon you and everyone ye love! If had to guess His reaction, might be extreme in the best case scenario. Things will be kicked off by a natural disaster with a twist. Perhaps earthquakes who's tears in the earth actually hunted down and devoured people. Maybe, rain that was blood, and acid, and rabid wolverines. Needless to say things would not go well, and they would not go well in an elaborate and lengthy way.
oh well, since we all go by the NT version mostly, we dont have to worry then :)
Now, If were talking NT God we've got a couple of options: Threats of retribution or gentle guidance. For threats, were looking at some strongly worded letters, or perhaps the angry prophet or two, at worst were looking at a giant talking eagle screaming bad things. Disturbing, but nothing too bad. Just enough to scare us straight, as it were. As for gentle guidance, were looking at maybe an interim Jesus or perhaps even Jesus v2.0. Perhaps a cult of well meaning Samaritans. Really just prophets with less fire and brimstone.
Well I am not too concerned then. Quite like the idea of the giant eagle...I may even throw my morals out of the window for that one and take up hunting!!!!;)