• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Existence

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Yeah
I’m an odd dude
What can I aay

Sounds like you're a dude who's fooling himself. You know x is true but are somehow trying to ignore that and pretend that something else is true instead.

My question is, why are you doing that?

King Phenomenon

Sounds like you're a dude who's fooling himself. You know x is true but are somehow trying to ignore that and pretend that something else is true instead.

My question is, why are you doing that?
I think it’s obvious that I wouldn’t have an answer that would suffice for you.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
It's right to those who believe and have faith in things they do not see.
Faith in God is based on evidence for things though not seen.
Can you explain the difference between the two - belief in God, and belief in the ToE?
If you can, then we can look at the wrongs.

No I can't because I don't see much of a difference. As a Polytheistic believer in Gods and a follower of science, I see no contradiction.

My faith allows me to believe in things I have never seen but felt (The Gods) and the science that explains Creation.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I don’t think it’s intent is to teach timeless truths about our nature I think it’s more about introducing people to a more spiritual way of understanding creation which is a rather unparalleled idea and unmatched in its scope and fruition in my opinion.

To me it's eminently spiritual to understand that God created the laws of the universe and that the operation of those laws resulted in the Earth.

King Phenomenon

To me it's eminently spiritual to understand that God created the laws of the universe and that the operation of those laws resulted in the Earth.
For me God is beyond law not only with the act of creation but with his present existence.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If I made such a bold statement as "[the Genesis "story"] is symbolic", as though I am stating a fact, I would expect people would want me to back up or support my statement with some solid evidence.
How do you know the Genesis account is symbol?

Because that is what the majority of theologians agree to. Ask them.

nPeace

Veteran Member
No I can't because I don't see much of a difference. As a Polytheistic believer in Gods and a follower of science, I see no contradiction.

My faith allows me to believe in things I have never seen but felt (The Gods) and the science that explains Creation.
Yes, we all believe in something, but die hard believers in the ToE try to make their belief out as something special, as though their belief alone has evidence.
They don't accept that their belief actually requires faith... when in fact it does.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Yes, we all believe in something, but die hard believers in the ToE try to make their belief out as something special, as though their belief alone has evidence.
They don't accept that their belief actually requires faith... when in fact it does.

ToE isn't a "belief" in the same way faith in religion is.

**** there are more issues with the theory of gravity then there are with the ToE. It's actually based on observable facts. Not mere speculation.