• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Excessive Coffee Consumption is Associated with Smaller Brain Volumes, Increased Odds of Dementia

We Never Know

No Slack
I don't and never have drank coffee so I have no excuse for smaller brain volume's lol

Coffee is a highly popular beverage worldwide, containing caffeine which is a central nervous system stimulant. In a study of 398,646 UK Biobank participants, high coffee consumption (more than six cups of coffee a day) was associated with smaller total brain volumes and 53% higher odds of dementia.

Read more at...

Excessive Coffee Consumption is Associated with Smaller Brain Volumes, Increased Odds of Dementia | Medicine, Neuroscience, Nutrition | Sci-News.com

Viker

Häxan
I don't and never have drank coffee so I have no excuse for smaller brain volume's lol

Coffee is a highly popular beverage worldwide, containing caffeine which is a central nervous system stimulant. In a study of 398,646 UK Biobank participants, high coffee consumption (more than six cups of coffee a day) was associated with smaller total brain volumes and 53% higher odds of dementia.

Read more at...

Excessive Coffee Consumption is Associated with Smaller Brain Volumes, Increased Odds of Dementia | Medicine, Neuroscience, Nutrition | Sci-News.com
I don't get it.:openmouth:

But if I do I will sweep rabbits a chair in the moon. :tonguewink:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Read more at...

So coffee rots our brains, huh? I guess that's just one more thing to add to the list.

It makes me think of how much damage my brain has already sustained over the course of my life.

Heyo

Veteran Member

Read more at...

So I may not get dementia if I stop drinking coffee? What good does that do me if I feel like I have dementia without coffee?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Read more at...

Cool!

I'm totally absolutely doomed!

Oh well, might as well have a nice cup of of Joe.

That's what it is called. I don't remember now.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
It depends on the person.:);)
I do believe that people with high blood pressure, who have a slight tendency to nervous breakdowns, they should drink coffee (espresso especially) very rarely.
And yet many Italians with high pressure do drink it. Often. Very often.

Then there are people like me. Very low pressure.
So espresso is a good medicine, after waking up.
Because it helps me have the energy I need to work. And trust me, low pressure made me faint once at school. When I was 15.

So long life to Espresso

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
7:00 Espresso
8:30 Cappuccino at the bar
10:30 Second Espresso
14:00 post-lunch Espresso
17:00 afternoon Espresso....

My daily espressos:p:p:p
I love sugary stuff. All very sugared espressos

Btw I am on a strict vegetarian diet, I never eat after 6 pm. Mediterranean diet:100:

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member

Read more at...

As ever with such statistical surveys, it tells you nothing about which is cause and which is effect. It may be that people with a tendency to dementia drink a lot of coffee, perhaps to make them feel more alert.

Without any attempt at finding a mechanism by which one causes the other, such surveys don’t allow any conclusions to be drawn.