• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Excessive Coffee Consumption is Associated with Smaller Brain Volumes, Increased Odds of Dementia

Yazata

More seriously, I'd remind people that correlation isn't necessarily causation.

One can speculate that individuals with brain pathologies whose cause is unrelated to coffee feel themselves slipping, and self-medicate with a mild stimulant that makes them feel sharper, more awake and more acute.

I was literally drinking coffee as I wrote that, so take it for what it's worth.

amorphous_constellation

I don't and never have drank coffee so I have no excuse for smaller brain volume's lol

Coffee is a highly popular beverage worldwide, containing caffeine which is a central nervous system stimulant. In a study of 398,646 UK Biobank participants, high coffee consumption (more than six cups of coffee a day) was associated with smaller total brain volumes and 53% higher odds of dementia.

Read more at...

Excessive Coffee Consumption is Associated with Smaller Brain Volumes, Increased Odds of Dementia | Medicine, Neuroscience, Nutrition | Sci-News.com

You can find a scientific argument for almost anything you want on the internet now, that's a big issue, that there is a sorting issue. I seem to recall often reading that coffee reduced dementia, over the years. Who is right : who knows.

I tend to believe that people have more unique control panels inside , more often than not.