• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Example: Jews. Christians. Muslims worship the same God of Abraham

Flankerl

Jews, Christians, Muslims, how can there be more than one Creator?

Its quite easy. There are probably a few Religions where multiple deities are said to have created the world.

No idea why you only care about three Religions.

outhouse

Atheistically
Jews, Christians, Muslims, how can there be more than one Creator?

Who says there is outside mythology?

All of these different religions are all guilty of plagiarizing previous traditions and redefining the concepts.

They all worship different gods because they defined them all differently.

Its all non sequitur to call them Abrahamic because he is a literary creation by all credible accounts, who factually holds no historicity outside mythology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham

By the beginning of the 21st century, archaeologists had "given up hope of recovering any context that would make Abraham, Isaac or Jacob credible 'historical figures'".[12]

rosends

Good point. Biblical Christianity is not about Jesus being God. So, I'd say that the Mother had many "covernants" with her children, and, according to Christianity, Jesus was the last.

Take Jesus Christ out, that doesn't change the nature of His Father

Saying there is more than one Creator kinda defeats the purpose of all three religions. What does each religion think the other Creator is? Phony?
If the nature of the first is that there will be no covenants with others, and the nature of the second is the addition of a covenant, then there is something irreconcilable between the claimed natures.

I am not saying that there is more than one creator, but that the ideas of the divine, that image of the creator, are not synonymous with the image of the creator claimed by the other. There is only one George Washington who president, but if you claim that he was a human, and I claim he was an alien, then the two visions of GW contradict. There still is only one, but someone has a wrong idea about him.

outhouse

Atheistically
Actually not a non-sequitur because there was no claim to a causal or sequent relationship.

Your comparing something many view as plagiarized mythology with no evidence at all in support.

And a real character who lived and died.

outhouse

Atheistically
but if you claim that he was a human, and I claim he was an alien, then the two visions of GW contradict. There still is only one, but someone has a wrong idea about him.

What if all called him an alien, and all were wrong?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Your comparing something many view as plagiarized mythology with no evidence at all in support.

The one thing that is certain about ancient history is that there is very little that is certain about ancient history.

Tesla

The first part is saying that there is a catch that some christians believe in the trinity. CHristianity is not about Jesus being God.

That, and the nature of God--the Creator--is the same.

How can there be more than one Creator?

Suppose that a Satanist came to you and said that Satan created the world. Does that mean that Satan is Jesus? Just because someone says it, doesn't make it so, even if they had a book printed about it.

-Maybe that's not a fair characterization because I don't know if Satanists take this approach or not. The analogy works with whatever boogeyman you wish to insert into the sentence, be it Baal Peor, Hades, Hitler or Kim Jong Un. I am never going to accept that Kim Jong Un is the living incarnation of G-d, no matter HOW many North Koreans insist that he is.

rosends

No, I am not comparing them at all. I am using one in a fact pattern to establish a parallel way of thinking in another, unrelated fact pattern. The only thing that needs to be connected is the underlying pattern. I could have chosen Harry Potter, an apple or the Starship Enterprise. None is expected to be consequent to the earlier facts, so none can be rhetorically a non-sequitur.

outhouse

Atheistically
The one thing that is certain about ancient history is that there is very little that is certain about ancient history.

More so then many suggest.

Many people who don't want o face the historical truth often use this.

outhouse

Atheistically
What is the catch that makes people think they are not all the same God?

The fact the concept evolved due to only man redefining previous traditions.

Jews redefined Canaanite concepts
Christians redefined Jewish concept
islam redefined it all.

So since none of them have the same definition, they are not the same god.

Jews have a compiled two deity concepts together, changing the Canaanite concepts.

Christians added a "son" and ghost to the deity concept changing the Jewish changed version.

islam changed it by removing the son, and redefining Jewish mythology.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
I thought of this after coming home from skating. Don't know why.

:boom:All three religions JCM respectively came from and worship the God of Abraham; yet, it only seems that some Christians think otherwise. Why?

1. There is only one Creator

All JCM believes this.

Muslim: http://www.patheos.com/Library/Islam/Origins/Beginnings
Judaism: http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-oneness-unity-one-god.htm
Christianity: 21. John 17:3 — And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

:leafwind:If all three relgions came from the God of Abraham and they all state there is one Creator and one God only, then it is true that they worship one Creator between them all.

2. The Creator-the Father has characteristics himself.

All JCM believe this

Muslim: http://www.aljazeerah.info/Islamic Editorials/2010/October/Allah, As He Described Himself in the Holy Quran By Hassan Ali El-Najjar.htm
Judaism http://www.jewfaq.org/m/g-d.htm:
Christianity: https://bible.org/seriespage/5-characteristics-god (This was kinda hard due to the trinity)

What is the catch that makes people think they are not all the same God? The trinity. An age old debate that will not be replayed here.

If Jesus were God, that would not change a thing. Because there would be still be God the Father. God the Son. and God the Holy Spirit.

:cherryblossom:All JCM believe God the Father. Why do some Christians believe otherwise?

Muslims and Jews almost had the same point of God , maybe some Christians (first Christians) believe the same way , i don't know why some Christains believe otherwise , since Jesus (pbuh) never claim that he is God or teaching trinity

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If the nature of the first is that there will be no covenants with others, and the nature of the second is the addition of a covenant, then there is something irreconcilable between the claimed natures.

I am not saying that there is more than one creator, but that the ideas of the divine, that image of the creator, are not synonymous with the image of the creator claimed by the other. There is only one George Washington who president, but if you claim that he was a human, and I claim he was an alien, then the two visions of GW contradict. There still is only one, but someone has a wrong idea about him.

Biblical christianity doesnt believe Jesus is God. The nature of God, the Creator has nothing to do with being human. The nature of the Creator is that he created humans. Whether many christians believe that a human rather than God is not my to say.

In George Washington scneario, both sides are saying George Washington is human by history book accounts. Half of the people think he is an alien. The other not.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Suppose that a Satanist came to you and said that Satan created the world. Does that mean that Satan is Jesus? Just because someone says it, doesn't make it so, even if they had a book printed about it.

-Maybe that's not a fair characterization because I don't know if Satanists take this approach or not. The analogy works with whatever boogeyman you wish to insert into the sentence, be it Baal Peor, Hades, Hitler or Kim Jong Un. I am never going to accept that Kim Jong Un is the living incarnation of G-d, no matter HOW many North Koreans insist that he is.

I dont believe Jesus is God nor do a lot of Christians nor does it say it biblically. That's why I say there would be only one Creator if Jews, Muslims, and Christians all believe in the God not Gods of Abraham.