• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Example: Jews. Christians. Muslims worship the same God of Abraham

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I thought of this after coming home from skating. Don't know why.

:boom:All three religions JCM respectively came from and worship the God of Abraham; yet, it only seems that some Christians think otherwise. Why?

1. There is only one Creator

All JCM believes this.

Muslim: http://www.patheos.com/Library/Islam/Origins/Beginnings
Judaism: http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-oneness-unity-one-god.htm
Christianity: 21. John 17:3 — And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

:leafwind:If all three relgions came from the God of Abraham and they all state there is one Creator and one God only, then it is true that they worship one Creator between them all.

2. The Creator-the Father has characteristics himself.

All JCM believe this

Muslim: http://www.aljazeerah.info/Islamic ...in the Holy Quran By Hassan Ali El-Najjar.htm
Judaism http://www.jewfaq.org/m/g-d.htm:
Christianity: https://bible.org/seriespage/5-characteristics-god (This was kinda hard due to the trinity)

What is the catch that makes people think they are not all the same God? The trinity. An age old debate that will not be replayed here.

If Jesus were God, that would not change a thing. Because there would be still be God the Father. God the Son. and God the Holy Spirit.

:cherryblossom:All JCM believe God the Father. Why do some Christians believe otherwise?

Glaurung

Denizen of Niflheim
What is the catch that makes people think they are not all the same God? The trinity. An age old debate that will not be replayed here.
To what extent is it useful or even meaningful to claim that three mutually exclusive traditions have the same deity, if what each tradition claims about said deity is mutually exclusive?

Flankerl

But if you use scripture to build upon your point then you also have to use this scripture in the cases where these religions are vastly different.
This is usually not done under the explanation that the original message was somehow changed by Humans or whatever to keep the idea going. There are also these cases where it isn't explained at all. Ignorance is a bliss.

But that makes no sense at all. Its selective reading.

It is merely a claim by Christianity, Islam, the Baha'i Faith that they worship the same God. They do this because they build upon Judaism (Christianity); Judaism and Christianity (Islam); Judaism, Christianity and Islam (Baha'i Faith). Its called Supersessionism or Replacement Theology.
Judaism is outdated, thus Christianity is true.
Judaism and Christianity were changed by Humans, thus Islam is true.
etc.

If Jesus were God, that would not change a thing.

All those murdered Christians who thought otherwise would disagree. Oh and of course we Jews do disagree. It changes everything.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
But if you use scripture to build upon your point then you also have to use this scripture in the cases where these religions are vastly different.
This is usually not done under the explanation that the original message was somehow changed by Humans or whatever to keep the idea going. There are also these cases where it isn't explained at all. Ignorance is a bliss.

But that makes no sense at all. Its selective reading.

It is merely a claim by Christianity, Islam, the Baha'i Faith that they worship the same God. They do this because they build upon Judaism (Christianity); Judaism and Christianity (Islam); Judaism, Christianity and Islam (Baha'i Faith). Its called Supersessionism or Replacement Theology.
Judaism is outdated, thus Christianity is true.
Judaism and Christianity were changed by Humans, thus Islam is true.
etc.

All those murdered Christians who thought otherwise would disagree. Oh and of course we Jews do disagree. It changes everything.
Whatever humans do and write that affect biblical writers do not change who God is and his nature. Even if you had God/Jesus christians in the mix, that doesnt changw he doesnt have a Father-the Creator to which all abrahamics believe.

Name traits of the Father (not the son) with whom is the Creator; and share traits of this creator from mulim and judaism.

I maybbe wrong with facts. No jew or muslim has corrected me. The nature of the Creator is the same in all three faiths. They are all god the Father.

rosends

No jew or muslim has corrected me. The nature of the Creator is the same in all three faiths. They are all god the Father.
Allow me to correct you. If the notion of "God the father" is that there is something called "God the son" or that that "father" label is anything more than metaphoric, then Judaism disagrees. And as to the nature of the God figure, Jews disagree as well. God is omnipotent, perfect and omniscient, not manifest as a human, nor one who changes his mind and decides that the group he identified eternally as his has been replaced by any other group. That idea of a God who is changeable is not native to Judaism, but is necessary for Islam and Christianity.

Flankerl

You see you are doing exactly what I wrote. You take one part where there is agreement and throw everything else out of the window because it doesn't fit your point of view.
That's ridiculous.

For the rest rosends got it covered.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Allow me to correct you. If the notion of "God the father" is that there is something called "God the son" or that that "father" label is anything more than metaphoric, then Judaism disagrees. And as to the nature of the God figure, Jews disagree as well. God is omnipotent, perfect and omniscient, not manifest as a human, nor one who changes his mind and decides that the group he identified eternally as his has been replaced by any other group. That idea of a God who is changeable is not native to Judaism, but is necessary for Islam and Christianity.

That makes sense but that doesnt change the nature of the Creator.

For example, I have a mother and two other siblings. My mother tells me (and my children's children) that what she offers me will help my children's children so they won't suffer the consequences.

Same mother, same family, my mother says to my brother that when she passes she has done a lot for your younger brothers and sisters who obeyed me. Now, I will promise you someone who comes to save you from your sufferings. Wait for this. This person will come.

Same mother says to my sister that she is her mother (as with the other two children), and I have sent many people who will guide you so you can worship me (not through them but them as an example)

Is this mother different based on the different offerings she gives to each of her children?

That (out of the analogy) would m ake THE Creator three sided.

The problem is not with the Creator it is the part not core of some christian view points that Jesus is God. He is not. Jesus looked up to his father just as Muhummad and just Moses and just as every Christian, Jew, and Muslim.

If we, as children, told our mother she isn't the same mother because she treated us differently, she'd be highly insulted.

When all three religions call the Creator differnet in regards to their faith and not their Creator's, that's an insult to Him. That sounds like, how they say, man trying to make the Creator into his image and not the other way around.

:herb:

Not all Christians believe Jesus is God. The Bible does not teach that. It is best to go by what the Bible says about Jesus and not what the Church and Jesus/God says about Him. Even though Jesus did not fulfill the promises that the Creator told the Jews someone would acomplish, that makes him no less of a child of god than a Muslim and a Jew.

If believers want to look at the nature of the Creator, then see Him BEFORE He created Adam and Eve, Before He saved the Jews from Bondage, Before he sent his message to Muhammad by Angel Gabriel.

That is the nature of the Creator--His origin. From there we have differnet religions.

That doesn't change the nature of the Creator.

Last edited:

Flankerl

Ugh.

So you are all about Kumbaya and not about the Religions in question and what they teach.

Good for you but then you should've chosen another title for your Thread and probably written some stuff another way.

rosends

That makes sense but that doesnt change the nature of the Creator.

For example, I have a mother and two other siblings. My mother tells me (and my children's children) that what she offers me will help my children's children so they won't suffer the consequences.

Same mother, same family, my mother says to my brother that when she passes she has done a lot for your younger brothers and sisters who obeyed me. Now, I will promise you someone who comes to save you from your sufferings. Wait for this. This person will come.

Same mother says to my sister that she is her mother (as with the other two children), and I have sent many people who will guide you so you can worship me (not through them but them as an example)

Is this mother different based on the different offerings she gives to each of her children?

That (out of the analogy) would m ake THE Creator three sided.

The problem is not with the Creator it is the part not core of some christian view points that Jesus is God. He is not. Jesus looked up to his father just as Muhummad and just Moses and just as every Christian, Jew, and Muslim.

If we, as children, told our mother she isn't the same mother because she treated us differently, she'd be highly insulted.

When all three religions call the Creator differnet in regards to their faith and not their Creator's, that's an insult to Him. That sounds like, how they say, man trying to make the Creator into his image and not the other way around.

:herb:

Not all Christians believe Jesus is God. The Bible does not teach that. It is best to go by what the Bible says about Jesus and not what the Church and Jesus/God says about Him. Even though Jesus did not fulfill the promises that the Creator told the Jews someone would acomplish, that makes him no less of a child of god than a Muslim and a Jew.

If believers want to look at the nature of the Creator, then see Him BEFORE He created Adam and Eve, Before He saved the Jews from Bondage, Before he sent his message to Muhammad by Angel Gabriel.

That is the nature of the Creator--His origin. From there we have differnet religions.

That doesn't change the nature of the Creator.
When the mother says to the first child "you are my favorite and I'm giving you this house, and I never change my mind" and then the next child comes and says "the mother said I am the favorite and that she changed her mind and gave me the house" and then the third child comes and says the same as the second, then the idea of the mother that the 2nd and 3rd espouse is a mother who DOES change her mind, making her distinct from the mother than the first child recognizes.

Tesla

I thought of this after coming home from skating. Don't know why.

:boom:All three religions JCM respectively came from and worship the God of Abraham; yet, it only seems that some Christians think otherwise. Why?

1. There is only one Creator

All JCM believes this.

Muslim: http://www.patheos.com/Library/Islam/Origins/Beginnings
Judaism: http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-oneness-unity-one-god.htm
Christianity: 21. John 17:3 — And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Your site from bible.ca is a Christian site. Why not reference a Jewish site and allow Jews to speak for themselves in describing what they believe? The concept of the trinity is not Jewish, and it does change the definition of G-d from the Jewish perspective. While I understand that Christians will disagree with this statement, mainstream Judaism does not view the Christain god, Jesus, as a valid expression or substitution of the Jewish G-d of Israel.

:leafwind:If all three relgions came from the God of Abraham and they all state there is one Creator and one God only, then it is true that they worship one Creator between them all.

2. The Creator-the Father has characteristics himself.

All JCM believe this

Muslim: http://www.aljazeerah.info/Islamic Editorials/2010/October/Allah, As He Described Himself in the Holy Quran By Hassan Ali El-Najjar.htm
Judaism http://www.jewfaq.org/m/g-d.htm:
Christianity: https://bible.org/seriespage/5-characteristics-god (This was kinda hard due to the trinity)

If Jesus were God, that would not change a thing. Because there would be still be God the Father. God the Son. and God the Holy Spirit.

:cherryblossom:All JCM believe God the Father. Why do some Christians believe otherwise?

I disagree with your assessment that all three religions here believe in the same god. Speaking from a Jewish perspective, Judaism does accept Allah as being one and the same as the G-d described in the Hebrew scriptures. I've heard Christians say that Allah is not the same, but I don't understand why they think that.

Regarding the Jewish view of the Christian god, and I'm saying this with as much respect and sensitivity as I can, the concept of the Christian god, Jesus, does not match the Jewish definition and understanding of the G-d that our forefathers worshiped. I am unable to reconcile this discrepancy, and to date, no Christian has been able to reconcile this discrepancy to my satisfaction or to the satisfaction of 2,000 years of Jews that have lived since the time of Jesus and who have refused to convert.

Domenic

I state, “There is only on creator.” He is the one we call God. He has a son who is also a God who we call Jesus.
All religions seem to have parts, and scriptures taken from the scrolls which they have built their religions upon. God is the same God for all people. He does not have different laws for this group, and that group. It is the religions that have different laws, and major doctrines.
It is true all religions have parts of what we conceder, TRUTH. Here is a truth: Without the scrolls none of the many religions would have anything to stand on. It is the scrolls we have to look to.

The apex of all religions is the tribe of Judah. Judah is were we get the word Jew. God named his people, Israel. These people were made up of twelve tribes, the tribe of Judah is only one of these twelve. The tribe of Judah has the world believing all of Gods people, the twelve tribes, are Jews.
In 1948 many of the tribe of Judah returned to the promised land, and named it Israel. Have the twelve tribes returned to what is today called, Israel? No they have not. Only the tribe of Judah is in position of that land.

When Jesus was on earth as a human, he called the religious leader in the Temple, “The sons of Satan.” why? Because they were not real Jews. These came from a people who had joined the tribe of Judah, and started calling their self Jews. Jesus knew who they were…fake Jews. Have these fake Jews left the tribe of Judah? No they have not. They had taken the position of leadership before Jesus was on earth, and they still hold that position. This is not to say all the Jews are fake Jews, no they are not…but their leaders are those of the fake group.

Take the flag they fly as the flag of the Nation of Israel. It has what they call the Star of David. Here is a key point…DAVID NEVER HAD A STAR. David’s son Solomon had that star in his latter years when he was deep into black magic. The Star was from Solomon’s wife, Sheba. The star is from Egypt, and is worshiped as the sign of Satan.

Look at the American dollar bill. On the right top side is a star for the 13 colonies…it is made up of 13 stars…it is in the same shape as the star of Satan.
The State of Israel claims the prophesy that Gods people would return to the promised lad was fulfilled in 1948. That is not true, only parts of the tribe of Judah lead by false Jews returned there.

Jerusalem is the center of the three major religions of the world. It is the fuse that can set of world destruction.
Who’s side is God on? Muslim, the Tribe of Judah, or the Western World? Three major religions, and one apex. Are the three major religions following Gods laws? No they are not. What religion did Jesus start? None. From what the Major religions are doing, it is easy to see they are not in line with Gods laws…that would make them false religions.
I have stated in the past, and I say again. There is a God, his written word is in the scrolls, and all religions are false.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Not all Christians worship Yahweh/Allah. Gnostic Christians, for example.
But all these are are different names for God. They're one and the same as the root word for God in the Sumerian language that carried over was "El", which eventually got translated in Hebrew to "Eloheim" and in Arabic to "Allah".

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
But all these are are different names for God. They're one and the same as the root word for God in the Sumerian language that carried over was "El", which eventually got translated in Hebrew to "Eloheim" and in Arabic to "Allah".
I know, but I'm saying that Gnostic Christians, for example, don't view the Heavenly Father that Christ spoke of as being the same entity as Yahweh/Allah. He is a deluded impostor, at best, to them.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Your site from bible.ca is a Christian site. Why not reference a Jewish site and allow Jews to speak for themselves in describing what they believe? The concept of the trinity is not Jewish, and it does change the definition of G-d from the Jewish perspective. While I understand that Christians will disagree with this statement, mainstream Judaism does not view the Christain god, Jesus, as a valid expression or substitution of the Jewish G-d of Israel.

I disagree with your assessment that all three religions here believe in the same god. Speaking from a Jewish perspective, Judaism does accept Allah as being one and the same as the G-d described in the Hebrew scriptures. I've heard Christians say that Allah is not the same, but I don't understand why they think that.

Regarding the Jewish view of the Christian god, and I'm saying this with as much respect and sensitivity as I can, the concept of the Christian god, Jesus, does not match the Jewish definition and understanding of the G-d that our forefathers worshiped. I am unable to reconcile this discrepancy, and to date, no Christian has been able to reconcile this discrepancy to my satisfaction or to the satisfaction of 2,000 years of Jews that have lived since the time of Jesus and who have refused to convert.
The first part is saying that there is a catch that some christians believe in the trinity. CHristianity is not about Jesus being God.

That, and the nature of God--the Creator--is the same.

How can there be more than one Creator?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
When the mother says to the first child "you are my favorite and I'm giving you this house, and I never change my mind" and then the next child comes and says "the mother said I am the favorite and that she changed her mind and gave me the house" and then the third child comes and says the same as the second, then the idea of the mother that the 2nd and 3rd espouse is a mother who DOES change her mind, making her distinct from the mother than the first child recognizes.
Good point. Biblical Christianity is not about Jesus being God. So, I'd say that the Mother had many "covernants" with her children, and, according to Christianity, Jesus was the last.

Take Jesus Christ out, that doesn't change the nature of His Father

Saying there is more than one Creator kinda defeats the purpose of all three religions. What does each religion think the other Creator is? Phony?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I state, “There is only on creator.” He is the one we call God. He has a son who is also a God who we call Jesus.
All religions seem to have parts, and scriptures taken from the scrolls which they have built their religions upon. God is the same God for all people. He does not have different laws for this group, and that group. It is the religions that have different laws, and major doctrines.
It is true all religions have parts of what we conceder, TRUTH. Here is a truth: Without the scrolls none of the many religions would have anything to stand on. It is the scrolls we have to look to.

The apex of all religions is the tribe of Judah. Judah is were we get the word Jew. God named his people, Israel. These people were made up of twelve tribes, the tribe of Judah is only one of these twelve. The tribe of Judah has the world believing all of Gods people, the twelve tribes, are Jews.
In 1948 many of the tribe of Judah returned to the promised land, and named it Israel. Have the twelve tribes returned to what is today called, Israel? No they have not. Only the tribe of Judah is in position of that land.

When Jesus was on earth as a human, he called the religious leader in the Temple, “The sons of Satan.” why? Because they were not real Jews. These came from a people who had joined the tribe of Judah, and started calling their self Jews. Jesus knew who they were…fake Jews. Have these fake Jews left the tribe of Judah? No they have not. They had taken the position of leadership before Jesus was on earth, and they still hold that position. This is not to say all the Jews are fake Jews, no they are not…but their leaders are those of the fake group.

Take the flag they fly as the flag of the Nation of Israel. It has what they call the Star of David. Here is a key point…DAVID NEVER HAD A STAR. David’s son Solomon had that star in his latter years when he was deep into black magic. The Star was from Solomon’s wife, Sheba. The star is from Egypt, and is worshiped as the sign of Satan.

Look at the American dollar bill. On the right top side is a star for the 13 colonies…it is made up of 13 stars…it is in the same shape as the star of Satan.
The State of Israel claims the prophesy that Gods people would return to the promised lad was fulfilled in 1948. That is not true, only parts of the tribe of Judah lead by false Jews returned there.

Jerusalem is the center of the three major religions of the world. It is the fuse that can set of world destruction.
Who’s side is God on? Muslim, the Tribe of Judah, or the Western World? Three major religions, and one apex. Are the three major religions following Gods laws? No they are not. What religion did Jesus start? None. From what the Major religions are doing, it is easy to see they are not in line with Gods laws…that would make them false religions.
I have stated in the past, and I say again. There is a God, his written word is in the scrolls, and all religions are false.

If you have five different people of each religion in a room, three of them accept the truth of all religions, the other doesnt believe in religion, how can you explain truth when there is no common foundation of the word to begin with?

How can you explain your truth objectively?

Unless that is possible, no. That's an opinion: all religions are false. Not a fact.