• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution vs Intelligent design/creationism

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The fossil record contains fossils of only complete and fully-formed species. There are no fossils of partially-evolved species to indicate that a gradual process of evolution ever occurred.
There is no such thing as "partially evolved". That's not how evolution works. It's not like halfway between a wolf and a dog there was some kind of "half-wolf, half-dog". What happens is that wolves produce variations of wolves, and those variations of wolves produce further variations and so on until you get a version of wolves that is so distinct, biologically and physically, from the starting point that they can be labelled as a variation of wolves known as "dogs". At no point is anything "half" anything, nor "incomplete species". Every generation is a fully formed organism with slight variations on the previous one.

Even among evolutionists there are diametrically different interpretations and reconstructions of the fossils used to support human evolution from a supposed ape-like ancestry.
Would you care to present these diametrically different interpretations?

Even if evolution takes millions and millions of years, we should still be able to see some stages of its process.
We do.

Observed Instances of Speciation
Some More Observed Speciation Events

But, we simply don't observe any partially-evolved fish, frogs, lizards, birds, dogs, cats among us. Every species of plant and animal is complete and fully-formed.
See above.

> Would uncover .

Btw just to be clear, evolution theory puts no limit on what mutation/natural selection can invent, saying that everything in nature was invented by it - everything:

sex, eye-hand coordination, balance, navigation systems, tongues, blood, antennae, waste removal systems, swallowing, joints, lubrication, pumps, valves, autofocus, image stabilization, sensors, camouflage, traps, ceramic teeth, light (bioluminescence), ears, tears, eyes, hands, fingernails, cartilage, bones, spinal columns, spinal cords, muscles, ligaments, tendons, livers, kidneys, thyroid glands, lungs, stomachs, vocal cords, saliva, skin, fat, lymph, body plans, growth from egg to adult, nurturing babies, aging, breathing, s,receptors for proteins on cells, apoptosis, hormones,etc. This is topkek .
And?

Rofl !!! Dude Punctuated Equilibrium says that plant and animal species evolved suddenly from one kind to another and that is why we don't see evidence of partially-evolved species in the fossil record.
No, it doesn't:

Punctuated equilibrium (also called punctuated equilibria) is a theory in evolutionary biology which proposes that once species appear in the fossil record they will become stable, showing little evolutionary change for most of their geological history. This state is called stasis. When significant evolutionary change occurs, the theory proposes that it is generally restricted to rare and geologically rapid events of branching speciation called cladogenesis. Cladogenesis is the process by which a species splits into two distinct species, rather than one species gradually transforming into another.
Punctuated equilibrium - Wikipedia

It's a theory proposed to explain why some evolutionary change happens relatively suddenly after long periods of stasis, after which a single species branches into two distinct species. It does not say that species "evolved suddenly from one kind to another".

But I already stated its flawed af because the invention of new parts or systems by mutation has never been witnessed, nor has it been accomplished in a biochemistry laboratory.
Mutations occur in literally every living thing ever produced, and those mutations creating new functions (or allowing old features to function differently) have been recorded countless times.

scott777

So why buy theory of evolution ? It needs some hardcore refining tbh
Personally I don't necessarily 'buy' it, but it's the only explanation that is sensible and explains so much more than the God solution. It will refine with time, but fossils don't dig themselves up.

proudpagan

We demonstrate those characteristics because we evolved a big brain.

Define evolved brain . Elaborate more .

The brain is the source. Destroy your brain and then see if you can be happy or sad or still has an intellect. You didn't actually answer the question. Here is the original post again.}

You still carry your emotions even after you die in form of ghosts . Oh wait now you had rant me superstitious but well you havent practiced spirituality yet to open up your mind to more subtle transmissions and or psychic abilities .

She was designed and created by a god.
Lol thats belief of Abrahamic faiths . I aint one of them .

scott777

Ask an evolutionist where is the seat of emotion . Where is mind . What is the source of your emotion ? Why do we demonstrate the characteristics of happiness, sorrow, attraction, repulsion, efforts, intellect etc ?

I agree that different parts of brain enable these functions. But who is the source?

These are interesting questions indeed, but to answer a question like ‘where is mind’ you first need to know what ‘mind’ is, which is hardly an evolutionist’s job, but rather a neuroscientist’s job. But in general terms, apes do also have minds, so why couldn’t we have evolved from apes?

My personal understanding of ‘mind’ is that it is a complex process. Consider the gradual rise of artificial intelligence. Do you accept computers will ever be able to think? If you do (and they will) you will understand that a computer ‘mind’ is just ‘information processing’ using electricity, circuits, chips, etc. So ‘mind’ is the combined result of a complex of electrical processes.

proudpagan

There are thousands of intermediate fossils exactly as predicted by evolution. Do you want examples?Here is one. A bird dinosaur intermediate form called microraptor

Flying out China’s seemingly endless supply of so-called “feathered dinosaurs” is the latest superlative—or rather the most diminutive—addition to the growing collection: the Eosinopteryx brevipenna. This big name for the smallest member of the illustrious group literally means “red-winged and short-feathered. But guess what . The problem of faked fossils in China is serious and growing.. What American Museum of Natural History paleontologist Dr. Mark Norell later described as an ‘unfortunate chapter’ in modern paleontology would foreshadow a growing and serious problem of fraudulent fossils being produced on an industrial scale in China. ‘To formally name a dinosaur, or any other species, a description must be prepared and published’, wrote Norell in his book Unearthing the Dragon. “Peer review, and pre-peer review, had rejected the paper’s conclusions and evidence and it never appeared in a scientific journal.”

In an effort to make the evolution of dinosaurs into birds seem more plausible, some evolutionists have argued that dinosaurs were also endothermic, but there is no clear evidence for this.
One of the lines of evidence for endothermic dinosaurs is based on the microscopic structure of dinosaur bones. Fossil dinosaur bones have been found containing special microscopic structures called osteons (or Haversian systems). Osteons are complex concentric layers of bone surrounding blood vessels in areas where the bone is dense. This arrangement is assumed by some to be unique to endothermic animals and thus evidence that dinosaurs are endothermic, but such is not the case. Larger vertebrates (whether reptiles, birds, or mammals) may also have this type of bone. Even tuna fish have osteonal bone in their vertebral arches.Since no definitive dinosaurs with feathers have appeared in the fossil record—only dinosaurs with fuzzy-looking collagen fibers that do not qualify in any way as transitional feathers—many evolutionists seeking to explain the evolution of feathers would like to find transitional evolutionary forms. Microraptor did not help their or your case uwu

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Flying out China’s seemingly endless supply of so-called “feathered dinosaurs” is the latest superlative—or rather the most diminutive—addition to the growing collection: the Eosinopteryx brevipenna. This big name for the smallest member of the illustrious group literally means “red-winged and short-feathered. But guess what . The problem of faked fossils in China is serious and growing.. What American Museum of Natural History paleontologist Dr. Mark Norell later described as an ‘unfortunate chapter’ in modern paleontology would foreshadow a growing and serious problem of fraudulent fossils being produced on an industrial scale in China. ‘To formally name a dinosaur, or any other species, a description must be prepared and published’, wrote Norell in his book Unearthing the Dragon. “Peer review, and pre-peer review, had rejected the paper’s conclusions and evidence and it never appeared in a scientific journal.”

In an effort to make the evolution of dinosaurs into birds seem more plausible, some evolutionists have argued that dinosaurs were also endothermic, but there is no clear evidence for this.
One of the lines of evidence for endothermic dinosaurs is based on the microscopic structure of dinosaur bones. Fossil dinosaur bones have been found containing special microscopic structures called osteons (or Haversian systems). Osteons are complex concentric layers of bone surrounding blood vessels in areas where the bone is dense. This arrangement is assumed by some to be unique to endothermic animals and thus evidence that dinosaurs are endothermic, but such is not the case. Larger vertebrates (whether reptiles, birds, or mammals) may also have this type of bone. Even tuna fish have osteonal bone in their vertebral arches.Since no definitive dinosaurs with feathers have appeared in the fossil record—only dinosaurs with fuzzy-looking collagen fibers that do not qualify in any way as transitional feathers—many evolutionists seeking to explain the evolution of feathers would like to find transitional evolutionary forms. Microraptor did not help their or your case uwu
So "proudpagan" who lists his religion as "Spiritual Satanism" copies from young-earth Christian creationist Answers in Genesis?

Something stinks.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

You copied it verbatim from a Christian creationist website without providing links or acknowledgement. Why?

proudpagan

I have entire pdfs where I have copied bulks of articles upon the subject and i dont use google everytime to find them . Believe me it saves time uwu

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Ask an evolutionist where is the seat of emotion . Where is mind . What is the source of your emotion ? Why do we demonstrate the characteristics of happiness, sorrow, attraction, repulsion, efforts, intellect etc ?

You should be asking a neuroscientist or a psychopharmacologist or a psychologist that question. For starters, our limbic system (hyopthalamus, hippocampus, amygdala, etc.) recognizes and controls our reactions to emotions. Our autonomic nervous system is associated with our "fight or flight" responses when we encounter potentially dangerous situations.

Modulating emotional responses: effects of a neocortical... : NeuroReport

I agree that different parts of brain enable these functions. But who is the source?
You're just begging the question. Who says it's a "who?"

ArtieE

I should have worded my question more thoroughly like; What is the purpose of surviving (if there is one)? I agree that there does not have to be a purpose; however I have come to believe there is an intelligence behind all this so I believe there indeed is a purpose.
Is there a purpose behind that intelligence then? If not then nothing ultimately has a purpose.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Well obviously jesus didnt tell in bible kek . They have quoted authors and various people who hold some degree of knowledge in this subject
You didn't really answer the question. Do you believe that the fundamentalist Christian organization "Answers in Genesis" is "logical"?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I have entire pdfs where I have copied bulks of articles upon the subject and i dont use google everytime to find them . Believe me it saves time uwu
Copying without understanding is pointless. Your entire copied article provided zero refutation to the point that micro-raptor, having both characteristics of a dinosaur and bird.. is an animal with intermediate form between these groups.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Is there a purpose behind that intelligence then? If not then nothing ultimately has a purpose.
In my beliefs the universe is a creative emanation of God/Brahman likened to a play/drama of the divine. So what is the purpose of art? To explore experiencing is the best way I can put it. Don't we prefer this experiencing to non-experiencing?

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Then there is no ultimate purpose behind our survival or existence. Which is what I explained to begin with.
Let me explain. I am only pushing the question of no purpose up one level.

Now, although you might say man has no purpose you would agree that a hammer has a purpose. I am saying although Brahman has no purpose, man and a hammer have their designed purpose.