• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

nPeace

Veteran Member
Seriously?

Are you going to suggest your front door (or, if it helps, any door in your property) is uniquely infallible and not subject to basic, physical laws?

Which has absolutely nothing to do with something being reliable. If I drive a car one million times and the car breaks down once, that car demonstrated reliability - even if the one time it broke resulted in dire consequences. To ignore this and simply focus on the odd failure misses the point and distorts reality.

Again, right now you are using a computer because it reliably uses electrical signals to send messages over the internet. You are demonstrating the reliability of science while claiming it is unreliable.

You can search for whatever quotes you want. Doesn't change the simple fact that science is a reliable process that produces reliable results. Finding the odd person who believe that peer review is an imperfect process doesn't negate that. Please stop selectively quoting random people to support your argument.

As someone who likes to evoke fallacies, you shouldn't be evoking the argument from authority.

Indeed. So why should I or anyone else care?

You mean, your article which shows that scientists work to acknowledge the shortfalls in specific methodologies and then work to improve on them?

What is it that you're trying to prove again?

You're doing it now. You've been doing it your whole life.

Your trust science every time you use your computer. You put your faith (and your life) in the hands of scientists and the scientific method every day, because it proves itself reliable.

Name one methodology that is demonstrably more reliable than science.
What are we discussing... the reliability of science, or the reliability of peer review? I thought it was the later. It would be nice if we could stick to the topic, because confusion can ensue, when we bring in something different to what is being considered.

Also, peer review being compared to a car, is like saying there is only one car. You would need to narrow it down to a car company, or a car part, in order to get a relevant scenario.
If there is something wrong with the company, you might get a few working cars, or if there is something wrong with the car part, it may work, but not efficiently.

In either case, you are waiting for a disaster to happen. Damage may be done that you don't notice... right away, and most importantly, since you are only believing, rather than having observed the reliability of both, you are only guessing at success... where there may be none.
You simply don't know.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
What are we discussing... the reliability of science, or the reliability of peer review?
I've always exclusively been talking about the reliability of science. Peer review can be part of that process, but they cannot be equated entirely.

I thought it was the later. It would be nice if we could stick to the topic, because confusion can ensue, when we bring in something different to what is being considered.
I was very clear from my first post that I was talking about science, not specifically peer review. You brought peer review in afterwards, hence you caused the confusion.

Also, peer review being compared to a car, is like saying there is only one car. You would need to narrow it down to a car company, or a car part, in order to get a relevant scenario.
If there is something wrong with the company, you might get a few working cars, or if there is something wrong with the car part, it may work, but not efficiently.
This is just nonsensical, and nothing to do with what I actually wrote.

In either case, you are waiting for a disaster to happen. Damage may be done that you don't notice... right away, and most importantly, since you are only believing, rather than having observed the reliability of both, you are only guessing at success... where there may be none.
You simply don't know.
You are using a computer.

Computers were developed using science.

You are using science right now to demonstrate the reliability of science.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I've always exclusively been talking about the reliability of science. Peer review can be part of that process, but they cannot be equated entirely.

I was very clear from my first post that I was talking about science, not specifically peer review. You brought peer review in afterwards, hence you caused the confusion.

This is just nonsensical, and nothing to do with what I actually wrote.

You are using a computer.

Computers were developed using science.

You are using science right now to demonstrate the reliability of science.
Oh. No problem. You can always create a new thread, if you are here to discuss science, but I don't consider it fair to just jump in a discussion, and try to change the subject.
I have a thread here, if you are interested in discussing it with me, but @loverofhumanity has just recently created one here, if you prefer that.
Take care.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Would it be correct to say that there could be a transitional fossil that exhibited shared characteristics between primitive Miocene apes and modern chimpanzees?
Sure.

Would Sahelanthropus, Orrorin or Ardipthecus count as transitional fossils between Miocene apes and chimpanzees or gorillas?
As far as I know, it's a possibility for the first two, but not Ardi.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Just to help out as far as the description of circumstantial evidence goes, is there anything beyond surmised evidence for the first cell (unicell, to be more particular)? Is there concrete, actual evidence for that?
If by "surmised evidence" you mean circumstantial evidence, then no. Obviously since the origin of the first unicellular organisms wasn't directly observed, we have to rely on circumstantial evidence. That the fossil record shows there was nothing on earth but unicellular organisms for about the first 2 billion years is pretty strong evidence that the first lifeforms were unicellular.

I mean like if a robbery occurred, and there was a gun found on the scene and the robber had purchased that gun before, wouldn't that possibly be in the realm of circumstantial evidence that the owner of the gun may have been the robber? Not necessarily conclusive or true, but circumstantial. Some on the jury may figure that with the fact that the robber had a history of crimes, they decide the circumstantial evidence (the gun left behind) proves in part he committed that robbery. If you agree to that, where is the circumstantial evidence that the first item of life was a unicell? I mean, it's almost like saying the jury agrees. Even if they're wrong. And so the sentence is carried out.
See above.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Peer reviews published research is objective verifiable evidence of what please?
Please provide a reliable source to confirm your assertion.

What do you mean by "but it is an incomplete, based on your religious agenda.and gave an explanation"?
I don't understand. Can you please explain? Thanks.

Uh. My previous post? Which post is that?
Where did I "confirmed in [my] previous post. 99% of all scientists in the fields of science associated with evolution except the lineage of fish to amphibians as cited"?

Also is this another fallacy you are committing?
What does a consensus have to do with the truth?
Scientific consensus is the collective judgment, position, and opinion of the community of scientists in a particular field of study. Consensus implies general agreement, though not necessarily unanimity.

I said this before. I really have no problem with persons choosing this system of belief.
What I have a problem with, is persons denying that its adherents do not have beliefs.
It's clear to me,that the only thing missing from such a system, is
You already have your "gospel" - what you believe, and you already "preach" it, because you advocate it as "the true gospel", and want the world to follow it. Those who don't are considered "heretics". You don't prove your beliefs, but it's accepted.
That's why I said, you apparently have two religions.
In my opinion, that's entirely okay. Every person has freedom of choice.
I have a question ....
Why do the religious often try to turn science into a religion?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Thanks.
I think this is your best post yet... at least that I have seen. I like it. Why? Because it cuts to the chase, and I don't have to go around trying to figure out what you are really saying, or getting at.
Well that's good!

Question: What do you think of scientists who disagree with what the majority of scientists claim regarding a theory?
It depends on the specifics of the situation, mostly related to what they bring to the table in support of their claims.

For example, I posted some material for this purpose here. Notice the title - The Good in Bad Science. Please don't forget that. :D i want to come back to it.
If scientist (A camp) claim that a hypothetical is falsifiable, and scientist (other camp) claim no it is not, do you rank the other scientists as D, F, or Z camp? In other words, scientists sitting around and coming up with stories to refute scientific findings?

What do you think of scientist who make statements like this?
Do you think of them as trouble makers, not interested in science.
I understand, in the science community things can get pretty ugly :grinning: Some phrase.... They may not be "cat fights" or physical blows, but you probably know what I mean.

What do you think of scientists who make statements like these?
Source
Although overwhelming circumstantial evidence supports the existence of the universal common ancestor of all extant life on Earth, it is still an open question whether the universal common ancestor existed or not. Theobald (Nature 465, 219–222 (2010)) recently challenged this problem with a formal statistical test applied to aligned sequences of conservative proteins sampled from all domains of life and concluded that the universal common ancestor hypothesis holds. However, we point out that there is a fundamental flaw in Theobald's method which used aligned sequences. We show that the alignment gives a strong bias for the common ancestor hypothesis, and we provide an example that Theobald's method supports a common ancestor hypothesis for two apparently unrelated families of protein-encoding sequences (cytb and nd2 of mitochondria). This arouses suspicion about the effectiveness of the “formal” test.

There is also one that mentioned the challenges with macroevolution, but I don't remember where I found that
Are they not saying honestly what they believe the scientific studies reveal?
Does this sound anything like "There is overwhelming objective verifiable evidence...", so commonly stated with authority, on these forums?
First, I know for a fact that many folks here have tried to get you to understand that science is a self-correcting process and how part of that is scientists evaluating, critiquing, and sometimes falsifying each others' work. So why you still find it noteworthy when scientists do exactly that, I honestly don't know. All I can do is reiterate.....this is how science works. Scientists collect data, analyze it, and draw conclusions. Then they write all that up in papers and publish it for their colleagues to examine. Other scientists look it over and if they find any flaws, biases, or weaknesses, they let everyone know via letters to the journal, a separate paper, presentations, and/or personal communications.

That's precisely what occurred with Theobald's initial work and the paper from the Japanese scientists you quoted from. Theobald applied statistical tests to genetic sequence data and found it to be consistent with UCA from a single species. Others, such as the Japanese researchers, believed they found some flaws in the way Theobald conducted his tests and expressed them in their paper. Theobald replied in another paper, and so on and so on.

Again....that's how science works. I'm not sure why you seem to struggle with grasping this concept, but I guess it is what it is.

Now bear in mind that I made mention of all... at least most of the circumstantial evidence in this post. So basically, all the circumstantial evidence is subjective. Which means that what the honest scientists are willing to admit, is that it is assumed to be true
Again, all I can do is reiterate what I tried to convey to you in our discussion of junk DNA....science does not operate in black/white terms where things are either proven or merely assumed. This is another concept you seem to struggle with, and given the number of times I've tried to explain it to you without success, I can only conclude that you are just the type of person who tends to think in black/white terms, and there's nothing anyone can do to change that.

- something persons on these forums object to, and claim that one has a religious agenda.... a million times.
Well, I tend to think it's not a coincidence that pretty much every single person who objects to evolutionary biology is also quite religious and typically belongs to a faith that requires or encourages its members to deny evolution. Maybe you think it's just coincidental?

I already pointed out, numerous times that circumstantial evidence need to be interpreted, and can be interpreted a number of ways - which I told you how we as Creationists interpret it.
Whether that's based on what the Bible says, does not matter. We have reasons for believing the Bible is true... and that's reasonable.
And again, that's no different than what flat-earthers say. "We all have the same evidence, we just interpret it differently than you."

In science though, what matters is what your interpretations lead to. Do they lead to new discoveries, new avenues of research, or increase our understanding? As we saw in our junk DNA discussion, UCA has most definitely done that. Creationism OTOH? I honestly can't think of a single thing creationism has contributed to the sciences in at least the last 100 years.

To me, that says quite a bit.

Are you lousy at your jobs because of believing what other scientists doubt, are skeptical about, outright, and in some cases vehemently oppose. You decide, by asking this question - Are scientists who disagree with the mainstream, or popular believe or opinion of other scientists, lousy at their job?
That wasn't my point. I asked whether you thought we were lousy at our jobs because according to what you said, we can't tell the difference between reality and completely made up stories that have absolutely no evidence at all.

What you've done in this post is find scientists bickering over details and methodology, and translated that into them disagreeing with the entire construct. The two are not the same.

Do you recall the scientists that referred to the scientists on the ENCODE project as people who know nothing about evolutionary biology? These scientists were attacked with the words... "This is not the work of scientists. This is the work of a group of badly trained technicians."
That's from a scientist, to other scientists. :eek:
Yep. One of the worst things a scientist can do is run to the press and deliberately oversell their work in order to get media attention (something the ENCODE folks eventually admitted to). That it also indirectly called into question other geneticists' work didn't help either.

I don't even do that. Maybe I said worst, by mentioning Satan as the ruler of the world, and behind the worldly philosophies. :D Creationists are not suppose to speak what they believe to be the truth, apparently. Only scientists can
Who told you you can't speak what you believe?

Is that you though? In other words, do you have those and similar opinion of other scientists?
Sounds like a "dog eat dog" situation.
Yep, it gets quite brutal at times.

That seems to reveal a lot about how scientists view their opinions, and why Creationists like me, have a right to question dogma, disagree with it, and even outright deny that any evidence exist to support the views, or opinions.
Again, I have no idea where you got the idea that creationists (or anyone else for that matter) don't have the right to question, criticize, or express their opinions. I mean....isn't that what you've been doing in this forum since you've been here? Have you been shut down? Has the scientific community come in and deleted your posts? Have they visited your house and told you to "shut up or else"?

All the data is available for the layman to research. Because the person is a layman, doesn't mean they can't understand and learn something new. Some scientists unfortunately have this view that a layman is not supposed to know what a scientist knows, or more.

I'm sorry I can't find the article that brought out the reality of how scientists feel uncomfortable about such a situation. It is observed to be true.
I'm going to take your answer as basically saying that no, you have not spent significant amounts of time reading scientific journals, attending evolutionary biology conferences, or taking college level courses in evolutionary biology. And to be clear, that's fine! No one can be an expert in everything, right? But I would think a lack of that sort of study and knowledge would at least generate some level of humility in you when discussing this subject.

nPeace

Veteran Member
@Jose Fly
You said:
What you've done in this post is find scientists bickering over details and methodology, and translated that into them disagreeing with the entire construct. The two are not the same.
This is not being truthful.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Fly, you are asking me to make an assumption, and then come up with an idea to explain that assumption. Sorry, but I believe this is what has been done by Darwinists.
Ah, I remember an earlier conversation with you where this was a very contentious issue. I kept trying to get you to say what you thought a transitional fossil was, and you did everything you could to not answer. So it's clear to me that this is an uncomfortable line of discussion for you, so we can just drop it.

But it would be nice if you would also stop making claims about the existence or nonexistence of "transitional fossils", since you apparently have no idea what that term even means.

I already did.
You did? Where?

Does it? Why? Why do you assume an ancestor and a descendant... and what they would be?
It's okay....if you don't want to even say what a "transitional fossil" would be, then there's no sense in discussing it further.

What if someone says it because it is true, and they can show you? Anyone can be in denial of what they don't like.
Source
The most serious problem of Theobald’s analysis is that he used aligned sequences compiled by Brown et al., who were interested in resolving the phylogenetic relationships among archaebacteria, eubacteria, and eukaryotes, including whether each domain of life constitutes a monophyletic clade. So they a priory assumed the existence of UCA. Indeed, alignment is a procedure based on an assumption that the sequences have diverged from a common ancestral sequence. Brown et al. wrote “Individual protein families were first computer aligned and then we manually refined the alignments. We removed poorly conserved regions in individual protein alignments.” This procedure clearly assumes the existence of UCA, and this was not a problem for Brown et al., because what they were interested in was the phylogenetic relationship among all species on Earth, and the existence of UCA was supported by circumstantial evidence. However, in proving the existence of UCA, the alignment procedure should not be used, because it gives a strong bias for the UCA hypothesis.

A scientist said that, and we don't have to be rocket scientists, to know that it happens.
Most of the circumstantial evidence used to support the idea of UCA takes an approach of circular reasoning. A blind man can see that... imo.
Again, you've taken a case of scientists bickering over the details of specific statistical methods used in one specific statistical test of UCA and tried to inflate that into showing that UCA itself is merely assumed by all scientists across all time.

And as long as we're being honest with each other, this makes me wonder why you did that. Did you just not understand the material and it was an honest mistake? Or did you know what you were doing, and tried to get away with it anyway? I can't say, but how you respond to this will tell me a lot.

That's a hypothetical, which I don't see has anything to do with circumstantial evidence. The same way one takes a photo, they can video record. It's not that difficult.
We are talking about a real situation. One where an idea can be used to support an idea that is presumed to be true.
And videos can be manipulated and faked, possibly under the influence of Satan, right?

Why are we using hypotheses to establish other hypotheses. Is that the correct way of doing science?
We're not. From my POV, you have a number of major misconceptions about science and how it works. I suggest that if you truly are interested in the sciences you take the time to get some education, and start with the basics.

Yes. So I can walk in a room, find fingerprints, DNA, and come to a conclusion that makes my story right, just because I have those things right?
Sure, you can do that. Or you can follow the evidence where it leads, regardless of what that might mean to you personally. It's hard to do and takes courage, but that's how science works.

Either you don't quite understand what I said, or you may be seeing only one side of the coin.
If circumstantial evidence is gathered, that never says anything, like, "I did this or that", and I claim that it says A, when it never said A, there is no evidence it says A. I have concluded it says A.
There is no evidence it says A. Is there evidence it says B, or C, or D?
Circumstantial evidence can look like evidence for A, but it may well be evidence for B.
Prove that it's A. The other person will try to prove it is B
Both believe that they are right.
Sure, and that's where the concept of productive science come in. If interpretation A leads to new avenues of research and discoveries, and increases our understanding of the world, while interpretation B doesn't do anything like that, we can safely conclude that A is most likely to be the correct interpretation.

And that's what we've seen with the evolutionary interpretation versus the creationist interpretation. Our understanding of the evolutionary history of life on earth has led to entire new fields of science and produced extremely useful results (as we saw in the junk DNA discussion). Creationism OTOH hasn't contributed anything in at least a century.

Really Fly. trust me when I say, this was fantastic. Keep it up.
Thanks! You too. :)

That's your opinion, and I think it is a wrong one, and I detect a bit of bias, as well as clouded vision... a lot of that.
Okay. What sort of bias do you detect?

So basically what you just did, apparently, is deny all Creationists - who question, or deny the hypothesis (idea) of UCA - the ability, and right to apply the words of biologist Masatoshi Nei.
"...any time a scientific theory is treated like dogma, you have to question it. .... Most people have not questioned it. Most textbooks still state this is so. Most students are educated with these books.

You have to question dogma. Use common sense. You have to think for yourself, without preconceptions. That is what’s important in science."

You have pretty much just said that we are not capable of using commonsense to examine anything. :)
No, not at all, not even one single bit. Everyone, no matter what they believe, has the right and potential ability to examine, question, and critique any work of any scientist. But keep in mind that when one does, what they present is going to be likewise examined, questioned, and critiqued, and when it comes to doing that with something as well-established as evolutionary theory, they'd better bring something extremely new and significant to the table. If they show up with nothing more than a bunch of quotes and fundamental misunderstandings about science, the response is likely going to be either very harsh, or may even be just ignoring of it altogether.

Isn't that the way you have been thinking all along in this conversation... and all because we do not accept an idea which you believe, and which has not been verified to be true.
You are only now outright admitting it. Isn't that true? Isn't that how you really feel? Be honest with me Fly. :)
I think I've made it pretty clear what my thinking is. I see much of what you say on science as the result of you being a Jehovah's Witness, a faith which prohibits you from acknowledging something like evolutionary theory as valid, under penalty of being disfellowshipped. IMO, everything you post on this subject originates from that. I also understand that you and the other Witnesses here really strongly disagree with that assessment. I'm not sure why that is though.

I explained that already.
You said you believed it was "designed", but you never explained what that meant (specific to the circumstances in the experiment).

The body plan of all living things is in its "blueprint" for life - the genetic code in DNA, That's why I don't have an arm where my eye is, and the other where my foot is, like what happens when scientists mess around with the Hox genes.
I believe that's by design. That information is there because an intelligence drew up the 'blueprints' on how each creature was to be. That's why we have sex, and organs for reproduction. That's why the bees and flowers have such a unique relationship... a necessary one. etc. etc.
Hope you understand. :)
When you refer to "intelligence", you mean God, right? Also, do you believe God deliberately designed bacteria to have the ability to resist antibiotics?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
@Jose Fly

This is not being truthful.
That's not how I see it. The article from the Japanese scientists was them calling into question a specific aspect of Theobald's methods in his statistical test of UCA. You seemed to try and translate that into evidence that UCA has therefore been merely assumed by all scientists across all time.

If that wasn't your point, then I have to say I'm confused as to why you posted it in the first place.

nPeace

Veteran Member
That's not how I see it. The article from the Japanese scientists was them calling into question a specific aspect of Theobald's methods in his statistical test of UCA. You seemed to try and translate that into evidence that UCA has therefore been merely assumed by all scientists across all time.

If that wasn't your point, then I have to say I'm confused as to why you posted it in the first place.
Yup. You are confused, otherwise I would have to say you are not being truthful, because what you said about me in that post, is far from the truth, and by now, you should know, I do tell you when you are right.
However, no worries, I know when one closes books, so I guess we are done here. :)

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Yup. You are confused, otherwise I would have to say you are not being truthful, because what you said about me in that post, is far from the truth, and by now, you should know, I do tell you when you are right.
Then all I can say is I have no idea why you cited the paper, if not to make a larger point about UCA.

However, no worries, I know when one closes books, so I guess we are done here. :)
Overall? Or just with the specific discussion of the paper you cited?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Then all I can say is I have no idea why you cited the paper, if not to make a larger point about UCA.

Overall? Or just with the specific discussion of the paper you cited?
I think we reached the point where you think you know my position (I don't think it's accurate, but I won't change a mind that's set) , and I know yours, and it looks like you are stating yours. I have stated mine.
So on what we have been discussing so far, there is nothing more to be said. Do you think there is?
I will continue to point out things, and you can feel free to respond. So we will probably still converse.

Regarding your question ...
When you refer to "intelligence", you mean God, right? Also, do you believe God deliberately designed bacteria to have the ability to resist antibiotics?
I'm wondering why you claim to know what you think you know about me, and still don't seem to understand most things I am saying. That doesn't add up.
Aren't bacteria cells? Didn't I explain that then?

Are you a domino player, Fly?

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I think we reached the point where you think you know my position (I don't think it's accurate, but I won't change a mind that's set)
What part of your position am I not getting right?

and I know yours, and it looks like you are stating yours. I have stated mine.
So on what we have been discussing so far, there is nothing more to be said. Do you think there is?
Oh I think there's lots more we could possibly discuss, but as I noted earlier I get the strong sense that there's certain avenues of discussion you just don't want to pursue. What's really stood out to me lately is how when we were discussing evolution, you were quite verbose, asked a lot of questions, and were more than happy to explore specifics in lengthy detail. But as soon as the conversation turned towards your view ("design"), everything seemed to slow waaaaaaaaaaay down, and as before, once I broached the topic of your religious beliefs playing a role in all this, you ended it.

But I suppose that's understandable in two ways. First, it's consistent with what I've seen from creationists before. It's quite easy to go on an internet forum and throw rocks at scientists and their work; it's something else entirely to have to defend one's own viewpoint. That's why pretty much every time someone starts a thread trying to get creationists to defend the creationist version of history, it inevitably turns into creationists attacking evolution.

Second, I understand that one's religious beliefs are very, very personal. With many folks it's perhaps the most important aspect of who they are, and Jehovah's Witnesses are certainly no exception. So it's not surprising that some people just don't want to "go there".

I will continue to point out things, and you can feel free to respond. So we will probably still converse.
Sounds good. :)

Regarding your question ...
I'm wondering why you claim to know what you think you know about me, and still don't seem to understand most things I am saying. That doesn't add up.
Aren't bacteria cells? Didn't I explain that then?
You just said "design", and when I've tried to get you to explain that in the context of the experiment I conducted (the bacteria we started with didn't have resistance and the ones we ended up with did), you've not really done so. Compare that to the papers we've discussed, where scientists go into excruciating detail on how resistance arises.

Are you a domino player, Fly?
Nope.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
More distraction. You seem good at strawman.
I'm waiting for you to respond to my post...

Responded to your post.

. . . the one where you made all those allegations. Or are you trying to sneak off and think I won't notice?
I'll wait.

NO wave nor distraction, just the facts. The problem remains your view that evolution is Satanic, which in and as itself disqualifies to be objective concerning science.

Selective citations to justify a religious agenda that is not science has already been responded to,

ecco

Veteran Member
I would like to discuss this with you a bit further, if possible. So here's how Jesus is called the only-begotten son of God even though God is said to have other sons.
John described Jesus Christ as the only-begotten Son of God in several places. (While there is a discussion of translations, I'll use those that use the words 'only begotten' right now.)

John 1:14 says, And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life."

This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as only the man. Because before that he was with God.
John 17:5 "And now, Father, glorify Me in Your presence with the glory I had with You before the world existed."
1 John 4:9 also shows that he is spoken of as the only-begotten Son before he left his heavenly abode. Notice what it says: "By this the love of God was manifested in us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world so that we might live through Him."
So then we might ask, how is it that God had other sons, if Jesus is the "only-begotten"? We can look other scriptures demonstrating how that is if you would like.
Yeah. That is what I asked.

ecco

Veteran Member
That's why it's good to have a reliable source, because people on these forum constantly make statements as though they are true, and then sit back smug.

Do you have a reliable source? Do you consider the Bible to be a reliable source?

Are you not aware of the contradictions in the Bible?
Are you not aware that the Bible accepts rape and slavery?
Are you not aware that the Genesis stories, if taken literally, are silly beyond the belief of any rational person?