• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Is it that you want me to show using what you deem as "objectively-derived evidence," that there is only one god? First of all, it's good to know what the word god means. God certainly can have several contexts as well as meanings, as I'm pretty well sure that you, as a teacher, are aware of.

Taken from God | Definition of God by Lexico
1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being
2. **(in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity "a moon god"
Please note the second definition there. Do you agree with that as a possibility? There are more definitions to consider, so in order to come to any understanding, it would be good to realize what the word god means.
You didn't answer the question, but you can be relieved that I will not ask you any more.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The question was can you provide objectively-derived evidence that there is only one god. The Bible is not objective as it is subjective.

If you can't, then at least admit you can't.
Thank you for your question.
There are gods of vàrious sorts in the world. The Bible also has that written. As well as life itself. There are many gods. The Bible confirms that, speaking of gods such as Bel and Nebo and others, such as Artemis.

Last edited:

YoursTrue

I've posted why I think it's allegorical several times already here, namely to probably rebut the polytheistic Babylonian creation narrative.
Interesting that the Hebrews felt it important enough to record the history. Naturally no human was there when God created the heavens and earth.

YoursTrue

As expected, you won't answer my one simple question, thus probably aware that you can't but not being honest enough to admit it. Instead, it's your disingenuous tactic of "deflection" that you continue to use.

The OP deals with science, thus not "what the Bible says". On top of that, discounting the Creation accounts as possibly being allegorical is terrible Biblical scholarship as one should always look and consider other options than just what their own opinion or bias may be. As being a response to the much more widespread and earlier polytheistic Babylonian, this makes sense allegorically, but to take the Bible Creation accounts as being real history and science doesn't make any sense whatsoever now based on what we know.

IOW, one can use the Bible as "enlightenment" or as a set of "blinders" to reality, and you have chosen the latter, unfortunately. All scripture should be put into perspective, and you have failed to do that. Thus, let me recommend that you find a church that teaches "enlightenment" and not as a set of "blinders".
Speaking about creation vs. evolution, some churches say God was in Mary's. womb. Well, God-in-the-flesh anyway. Any church that teaches that is not one I would go to.

YoursTrue

The question was can you provide objectively-derived evidence that there is only one god. The Bible is not objective as it is subjective.

If you can't, then at least admit you can't.
Jesus spoke of the only TRUE God. John 17:3. So there was a distinction in Jesus' mind as he spoke of the only "true God."
English Standard Version
"And this is eternal life, that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." Only true God.

tas8831

Please explain, without paraphrasing or plagiarizing a YEC/OEC website, and support with documentation, how apoptosis is a logical/real barrier between 'micro' and 'macro' evolution.

And please start by defining microevolution and macroevolution - but be forewarned, macroevolution is not an event, despite a tendency for many creationists to indicate that it is.

And he never did.... find a YEC/OEC source to copy-paste from.