• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Do I sound rude?
Perhaps the constant ad hominem got to me.
Ad hominem
fallacious argumentative strategy whereby genuine discussion of the topic at hand is avoided by instead attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself.

I don't think there is any need to assume that someone does not understand something, just because they don't say what the person believes.
But that's not what they said. They said that you don't understand it because they believe you have said things that indicate that you don't understand it.

An ad hominem is only when an individual uses personal remarks instead of responding to the argument. So saying "You don't understand this subject" is not an ad hominem, provided they provide sufficient reason to believe this is so, and if they have actually responded to your arguments. Those paragraph you quoted did respond to your arguments, and contained no ad hominems.

Nor do I think there is a need to assume a person has not read an article, especially since one may be assuming the person is making a point one assumes the person is making.
You would know, it can be tiring, and my imperfection kicks in sometimes.

However, I do appreciate your reminding me, as I think we have been there, and that's why you understand, and can now apply it.
For that reason, I have been enjoying our discussions lately.

I'll remember to tone down... despite. Let people keep taking advantage of that.
That's okay. I think we should all benefit from trying to keep this civil.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Have you any birth certificates from the time of Jesus?

False. The records compiled into what became the bible, from Peter and John and etc etc were here before they got put in book form! There are even records from pagans. You simply are in no position to doubt what the apostles who knew Jesus said or how they recorded His words.
Most of the records are apocryphal, and there are many more than the ones cherry picked by a sect of priests to assemble into today's bible. Most of the Bible books have been copied and recopied many times, with the copy errors and editing one would expect.
Read what His apostles said, and forget the so called scholars! They knew Him well and died for Him to prove it.
https://www.quora.com/Did-any-of-the-Gospel-writers-actually-meet-Jesus-which-ones
No, you sure did not, as ignorant and deceived as some people might be.
So how would you explain the explosion of knowledge and technology, if not the scientific revolution?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
You mean I have to say it again?
I think I had better make some notes. Perhaps RF should allow a notes section for each user.

Notice, I am taking this from the post you responded to. Perhaps you missed it.
Various kinds of life-forms were created, with reproductive powers, and allowed to spread their genes... as stated in the Bible.

However, it should be obvious from the account of the flood that two of every kind was all it took.

species-1080x675.jpg

Ok, how many kinds then? Lets call K this number. Must be K > 1. Actually, if we include fungi, plants, etc. K must be much bigger than 1.

And you aware of any scientific theory that postulates that life started independently K times on earth, and has been peer reviewed?

If yes, source please.

Ciao

- vioe

dad

Undefeated
Most of the records are apocryphal, and there are many more than the ones cherry picked by a sect of priests to assemble into today's bible. Most of the Bible books have been copied and recopied many times, with the copy errors and editing one would expect.
https://www.quora.com/Did-any-of-the-Gospel-writers-actually-meet-Jesus-which-ones
So how would you explain the explosion of knowledge and technology, if not the scientific revolution?
John for example was a friend of His. Peter also. Then there are some who probably knew Jesus. Etc. The words recorded from Jesus Himself tell us He would send His spirit down to them to make them remember His words just right. No worries at all.

Knowledge is prophesied to increase in the last days. Not knowledge of the truth mind you, just dangerous evil junk science knowledge, and also great deception.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
John for example was a friend of His. Peter also. Then there are some who probably knew Jesus. Etc. The words recorded from Jesus Himself tell us He would send His spirit down to them to make them remember His words just right. No worries at all.

Knowledge is prophesied to increase in the last days. Not knowledge of the truth mind you, just dangerous evil junk science knowledge, and also great deception.
There are no "words recorded from Jesus himself." Not any firsthand ones.

ecco

Veteran Member
It must be great to be a literal bible believer. Everything is just so simple. There is no need to study many different things. There is no need for an education. Just one simplistic view of everything.

It's no wonder so many biblical literalists are also Trump sheeples.

If things are true, and we have an interest in them, study away. When it comes to slimy origin so called science fables, best thing is a fast flush.

I see you did not deny that simplisticism is a driving force in your beliefs.

I see you did not deny that you are a Trump Sheeple. I thought you said you didn't like "slimy" things.

dad

Undefeated

I see you did not deny that you are a Trump Sheeple. I thought you said you didn't like "slimy" things.
Your defense for the TOE is mindless blather? OK.

ecco

Veteran Member

Your defense for the TOE is mindless blather? OK.

I wouldn't waste time trying to discuss ToE with you. You are far too gone.

Milton Platt

Create a thread, or we can continue on the thread specifically create for that purpose.
Wow. The amount of strawman arguments you see when evolution believers can't even refute clear evidence against their beloved false doctrine.
How could they when the evidence can't be refuted... because it's fact.
I've seen no scientifically validated "facts".
But, yes, this is effectively hijacking a thread on another topic. I do thank you for the conversation. It has been entertaining. when I get pointed, I do not mean any ill will towards you, and I take note that you do not jump to character assassinations, either. That is very refreshing and I thank you. I wish more conversations were like yours.

tas8831

You thought science could tell us about lives of people loooooong before it existed?? Ha.
Yes, of course it can. People leave behind evidence. Duh.
Once you meet Him, the rest follows.

Meet who?

The being for which no evidence exists?
Until then believe what you like, long as you do not call it science.

I do not take marching orders from someone that thinks tales from the ancient middle east are 100% true, thanks.
Well, answer this what do you think the question is that someone is begging?

Ok..

You are too absurd and tedious to waste any more time on.

"Begging the question, sometimes known by its Latin name petitio principii (meaning assuming the initial point), is a logical fallacy in which the writer or speaker assumes the statement under examination to be true. In other words, begging the question involves using a premise to support itself."

You are either playing dumb to avoid having to admit how lame your "arguments" are, or, well, there is another option.

Either way, I'm taking a break from your nonsense.

Last edited:

dad

Undefeated
Yes, of course it can. People leave behind evidence. Duh.

When a world has continents pushed around, and uplift, and subduction, and etc etc..not to mention the worldwide flood before that, one should be careful about where one looks for remains. One also should remember people likely could not leave any fossilized remains in the former nature. One should likewise take into consideration the rapid deposition rates, and other facets of nature that may have existed. Oh...wait..science doesn't so much as know or care that another nature may have existed. Ha.

Meet who?
Jesus.
The being for which no evidence exists?
The world abounds with it.

I do not take marching orders from someone that thinks tales from the ancient middle east are 100% true, thanks.
God's carefully preserved record is verified and true. The pagan records requite large grains of salt.

"Begging the question, sometimes known by its Latin name petitio principii (meaning assuming the initial point), is a logical fallacy in which the writer or speaker assumes the statement under examination to be true. In other words, begging the question involves using a premise to support itself."
Using a belief in a same state past to support a same state past is therefore begging the question. Good one.

You are either playing dumb to avoid having to admit how male your "arguments" are, or, well, there is another option.

Either way, I'm taking a break from your nonsense.

Hey, you may need to up the Thorazine drip too...whatever it takes I guess. Have a peaceful rest.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
...the TOE is mindless blather
I'm so glad I left the church I grew up in 50 years ago that taught the above. The ToE poses no threat whatsoever to Christianity as long as one accepts that God was behind all of creation. Even the 6-day Creation accounts imply gradual changes over time, which is what evolution is about.

...not to mention the worldwide flood...
Of which there is literally no evidence for as any geologist will tell ya. It's not that the Flood narrative is a "lie", but more that it appears likely to have been written to counter the much more widespread and earlier Babylonian narrative that was based on polytheistic beliefs. Same probably is true with the Creation accounts.

dad

Undefeated
I'm so glad I left the church I grew up in 50 years ago that taught the above. The ToE poses no threat whatsoever to Christianity as long as one accepts that God was behind all of creation. Even the 6-day Creation accounts imply gradual changes over time, which is what evolution is about.

Of which there is literally no evidence for as any geologist will tell ya. It's not that the Flood narrative is a "lie", but more that it appears likely to have been written to counter the much more widespread and earlier Babylonian narrative that was based on polytheistic beliefs. Same probably is true with the Creation accounts.
So you don't believe in the flood or creation week or that scripture is inspired and kept and given by God. Alrighty then.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So you don't believe in the flood or creation week or that scripture is inspired and kept and given by God. Alrighty then.

The world your God supposedly made tells us that those events did not happen. You pay more attention to a book written by men than to the supposed creation. As a result you not only call your god a liar, you have the gall to try to tell him how he created the world.

dad

Undefeated
The world your God supposedly made tells us that those events did not happen. You pay more attention to a book written by men than to the supposed creation. As a result you not only call your god a liar, you have the gall to try to tell him how he created the world.

dad

Undefeated
The world tells us no such vile and foolish thing. Your religion tells you.