• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
However, it's no longer true when evidence can be manipulated to fix a problem
That's a direct accusation of fraud. Do you have any actual evidence to back it up?

We can even talk about the decades transitional fossils did not exist, but no problem - now they do, even though we have to interpret and debate what they look like...and on and on...No end to the plasters for every sore.
How can you comment at all on the existence of "transitional fossils" when you can't say what the term means?

Audie

Veteran Member
I'm didn't create this here thread to convince anyone.
Read the OP, and the posts that follow, and hopefully you see that.
I created the thread to give the ToE believers an opportunity to convince me, that I was wrong.
After all these posts, I am indeed more than convinced that all you have as supportive evidence, are assumption, upon assumptions, upon more assumptions, for a belief - a belief that cannot be verified to be true. That's all.

By the way, where did you suddenly come from? Why did you wait until I left the thread to suddenly have something to say to me, over 120 pages later? Did someone... Ahem, put you up to drawing me into a topic I'm done with?
If that's the case, I'm sorry, I have to inform you, that my intention was to end my discussions on the ToE after I had thoroughly discussed it... which I believe I have.

If as a very, very "late in arriving person", you are interested, you will have to pick one of my posts in the thread, and let me direct you to a response.... but I don't see what's the use, if you can't handle my Gish Gallop. :)

Whatevs, you are not worth any more attention.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
This again? Shall we go around the same ol' circles, where people provide you examples of transitional forms and you say "Well, they're not 'obvious' so they don't count"? Then we ask you what you mean by "obvious" and a handful of other questions, then you dodge until you walk away from the thread?

Do you honestly think that's effective and persuasive?
There are none! Show me!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
This has been addressed many many times and you choose to ignore it. There is abundant evidence of the precursers to the life of the Cambrian in the early Cambrian and PreCambrian going back to the fossils of the first bacteria colonies. No coherent response to the evidence.
Nothing but bull...all you gotta do, is post the pics, and show the evolutionary pathways!

The facts are, that fossils of even soft-tissue organisms are found well-preserved in the Cambrian deposits of both the Canadian Burgess Shale and the Chinese Chengjiang Maotianshan Shales.

Trilobites are not bacteria.

You guys will grasp at straws!

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Nothing but bull...all you gotta do, is post the pics, and show the evolutionary pathways!

The facts are, that fossils of even soft-tissue organisms are found well-preserved in the Cambrian deposits of both the Canadian Burgess Shale and the Chinese Chengjiang Maotianshan Shales.

False, no soft tissue fossils were found in these formations.

Trilobites are not bacteria.

Huh?!?!?!? No one said Trilobites were bacteria. What are you talking about?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
These are fossils of soft tissue animals in very hard shale and slate, and not fossils that are soft tissue.

What is the point?
(Nematode fossils are found in these strata.)

The point is this: since even the fossils of soft-bodied organisms are found well-defined in the Cambrian strata, saying the fossil record didn’t preserve their precursors “because it’s erratic and incomplete”, doesn’t hold water.

dad

Undefeated
Correction, he is against the killing of slaves, not slavery itself. Of course it's obvious that he is against sweatshops. Those shop owners don't allow someone to beat the workers to near death. If those shop owners did allow people to do that, he would be in favor of the sweatshops.

Chapter and verse where Jesus told someone to beat anyone to death? Oh..right, that is vicious slander.

dad

Undefeated
Didn't he stepped in to end wickedness already when he created flood during the time of Noah? Didn't that story say that it wasn't over since Noah and his family survived?
No. He did not totally take over, that was just an intervention as was Sodom and Gomorrah. When He returns to bring His kingdom, the rule of man is over.

dad

Undefeated
You can't even answer a simple question about which version of the bible you are using for your comments so I won't be believing a word you say from now on.
Cry us a river. I usually use KJV, but I am open to many translations.

dad

Undefeated

The point is this: since even the fossils of soft-bodied organisms are found well-defined in the Cambrian strata, saying the fossil record didn’t preserve their precursors “because it’s erratic and incomplete”, doesn’t hold water.
I think if they need creatures to have lived that are not in the record, they can declare it a fluke that some are there but not the ones they claim. Science is about making all things fit their beliefs.

dad

Undefeated
haha, lets see if you can stack up even two "Believers" (who all get
their Truth from God) who believe the same thing.
All they need to get is the bible. It is from God. Most of the so-called problem with 'believers' is that the ones who disagree with the bible are not actually believers at all. Yet they call themselves believers. Naturally, they will disagree with true belief.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
All they need to get is the bible. It is from God. Most of the so-called problem with 'believers' is that the ones who disagree with the bible are not actually believers at all. Yet they call themselves believers. Naturally, they will disagree with true belief.
Scotsmen do not put sugar on their porridge...

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

So? It only means relatives of Nematodes existed in Cambrian strata.

The precursors are found found in the early Cambrian and PreCambrian. Incompleteness is simply a matter of the fossil evidence is at present incomplete. Your argument here is a negative 'argument from ignorance' which is a fallacy in logic and science, and reflects a religious agenda..

Still puzzled at your puzzling statement 'Trilobites are not bacteria.' The first fossil colonies are found in the strata before any other life forms, and throughout geologic history up until today. The first bacteria colonies are found ~3-46 billion years old, with possible organic carbon found up to ~4.2 billion years old.

The first most primitive Trilobites occur about ~520 million years ago in the early Cambrian and evolved over time into more complex and larger trilobites.