• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution My ToE

ecco

Veteran Member
Stop trying to whitewash the guilt of your God. HE endorsed slavery. HE endorsed rape. Read your scripture.
False. Stop slandering the Almighty with your perverted and skewed little biased opinions.

It's not my opinion, Read your scripture.

There is not even any need for interpretation. It's all clearly stated. How is it that you do not know your own scripture?

ecco

Veteran Member
Chapter and verse where Jesus told someone to beat anyone to death? Oh..right, that is vicious slander.
S T R A W MA N And you know it.

The fact that you need to post such a ridiculous strawman proves your deceitfulness.

You know very well that the references to beating slaves to death are in the OT. Oh! You do know that, don't you? You should.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
There are none! Show me!
If someone else wants to go around the same fallacious circles with you, they can. I'm not interested.

But I have to wonder why you and the other Witnesses here argue so adamantly that "transitional fossils" don't exist. Earlier in this thread, another Witness posted what basically amounts to the Watchmaker belief, where "God setup things at the beginning, to work according to his will", and "God fixed the earth in place, and designed living things to act according to the instructions and design. Environmental factors play a role in the way(s) that they may change. God has acted perhaps on two occasions, that would have effected change, according to the Bible."

In another thread, you stated "the Genesis account doesn’t say that God created every species. God created “kinds,” which apparently corresponds to the family taxon level", and (emphasis mine) "After Eden, things have developed gradually, without Jehovah ‘s guidance"

Also, you and the other Witnesses here have been quite clear that you are not young-earth creationists.

So putting all that together, your repeated denial of transitional forms in, and/or prior to, the Cambrian makes no sense. If the Witnesses don't dispute that the earth is ~4 billion years old and that life has existed on it for over 3 billion years, plus you all believe that Jehovah hasn't tinkered with creation since the very beginning when He created the first "kinds", why would the existence of transitional fossils from ~550 million years ago be problematic? As you noted yourself, no matter what species we find in the Cambrian (or just prior), you believe they came about "without Jehovah's guidance", do you not? I mean, the "Cambrian explosion" didn't take place until over 3 billion years after the earth and its first life had been created, so if Jehovah only acted in the very beginning and everything after the beginning happened on its own, why would the existence of transitional fossils around that time be a point of contention for you? You don't believe Jehovah was still tinkering and creating species some 3 billion years after He first created everything, do you?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

The fact that you need to post such a ridiculous strawman proves your deceitfulness.

You know very well that the references to beating slaves to death are in the OT. Oh! You do know that, don't you? You should.
Actually not quite. According to dad Jesus is God. Unfortunately he has a problem with consistency. The God of the Old Testament does advocate beating people, dashing the heads of babies against rocks etc.. So by dad's standards since Jesus is God, you can ask him yourself, then Jesus supports that too. Of course you won't find it in the New Testament, and in the three synoptic Gospels you will find Jesus denying that he is God. No wonder that he is so confused.

dad

Undefeated
It's not my opinion, Read your scripture.

There is not even any need for interpretation. It's all clearly stated. How is it that you do not know your own scripture?
He is nothing like that. He sets us free.

dad

Undefeated

Dishonest. Show chapter and verse where OT tells us to beat people to death?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Where is the part in the Bible where God declares that slavery is wrong, immoral and/or evil?
Perhaps my Bible is outdated. It only tells you from whom you can buy slaves, how to trick an indentured servant into being a slave for life, and that you can sell your daughters into sexual slavery with no consequences. All of which support slavery. It must be in a more recent edition.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Perhaps my Bible is outdated. It only tells you from whom you can buy slaves, how to trick an indentured servant into being a slave for life, and that you can sell your daughters into sexual slavery with no consequences. All of which support slavery. It must be in a more recent edition.
Oh right, God changed his mind and amended the text somewhere right? .... Oh wait. :confused:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Name where it is promoted rather than dealt with as a fact of life?

Wait a second, you mean to say that your supposed all powerful God that was so weak he had to have a Commandment that banned using his name "in vain" could not have given an order not to enslave people? You make him look as weak as any human being.

dad

Undefeated
Where is the part in the Bible where God declares that slavery is wrong, immoral and/or evil?
Where is the part it declares shopping at major dept stores that may use slave labor evil? You take the general precepts, such as to love one another, not to oppress the poor, etc etc.

dad

Undefeated
Wait a second, you mean to say that your supposed all powerful God that was so weak he had to have a Commandment that banned using his name "in vain" could not have given an order not to enslave people? You make him look as weak as any human being.
Resorted to general gripes against the Almighty already?