• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of the Great Flood has been found; or not?

Are you seeing evidence of the great flood?

• yes

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 24 88.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DavidFirth

You didn't really deal with what I wrote in my last post. One simply cannot present supposed details on the "supernatural" without first substantiating that are such things. Like if I said that the universe was created by the Cosmic Godzilla, wouldn't you likely ask me how in the world do I know such an entity exists?

BTW, Happy Birthday!

Thanks.

Well, Romans 1:20 says it is obvious that God exists. It is to me.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The verse says it is obvious based on the physical, not the spiritual.
The Bible is not a science book that's based on objectively-derived evidence. It's a spiritual book that deals with beliefs for those who have that faith-- very different approach from science.

DavidFirth

The Bible is not a science book that's based on objectively-derived evidence. It's a spiritual book that deals with beliefs for those who have that faith-- very different approach from science.

You and I will have to agree to disagree on that. The Bible actually defines science and wisdom. Science outside of the Bible is limited by physical logic.

metis

The Bible actually defines science and wisdom. Science outside of the Bible is limited by physical logic.
So, people who use other religious texts or no religious texts do not have "science" nor "wisdom"?

Have you ever looked up studies on knowledge and how it relates to religions and denominations here in the States and internationally? You might consider doing so.

DavidFirth

So, people who use other religious texts or no religious texts do not have "science" nor "wisdom"?

Have you ever looked up studies on knowledge and how it relates to religions and denominations here in the States and internationally? You might consider doing so.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Those who do not fear the LORD have missed out on the beginning of knowledge is what the Bible says. I don't care what other "religious" texts say, I believe they're all wrong and the Bible is the absolute word of God.

metis

Those who do not fear the LORD have missed out on the beginning of knowledge is what the Bible says. I don't care what other "religious" texts say, I believe they're all wrong and the Bible is the absolute word of God.
Fortunately most of us no longer rely on religious texts or we'd still be stuck back in the Dark Ages when superstition and ignorance ran rampant.

DavidFirth

Fortunately most of us no longer rely on religious texts or we'd still be stuck back in the Dark Ages when superstition and ignorance ran rampant.

Now most people are turning to secular jargon rather than spiritual. Unfortunately, secular science is just as much in the dark as anyone in the Dark Ages ever was, in my opinion.

For me, to deny God is to deny truth. Denial of God is ignorance to me.

james dixon

Premium Member
Then maybe "the supernatural" doesn't really exist, which is why I tend to believe science has more answers than religions.

I believe science & supernatural coexist. First you must “imagine” something and with this thought you experiment trying this and that learning on the way.

When you find something that can be repeated over and over and the results remain the same you log this as fact; unchanging & unmoving. This becomes scientific fact. It is the path from the imaginary to the real here and now; in my view.

b.t.w. science and religion have their place; coexisting together each occupying their own space in time & religion is not "supernatural".

There is a biblical verse that goes something like this:
love your neighbor as you would love thyself.
This is not some form of supernatural; in my view

Last edited:

metis

I believe science & supernatural coexist.
They "co-exist" in society but my point is that they are not one and the same, especially since they work through different processes.

religion is not "supernatural".
Actually they do rely on this. The minute one believes in "miracles", that's where the "supernatural" comes in. By definition, "miracles" are events out of the ordinary orchestrated by a deity or deities.
There is a biblical verse that goes something like this:
love your neighbor as you would love thyself.
This is not some form of supernatural; in my view
Here I agree, which is why I can and do believe in the "law of love" without believing that there has to be a deity behind it. Maybe there is, but maybe there isn't-- I just don't know, so I'm not gonna assume one way or the other.

james dixon

Premium Member
What about medicines; do you trust the scientists who develop new techniques and drugs?

I am glad you brought up medicines. Medicine TV ads are required to disclose their side effects.; at least until Dump removes this mandate.

Anyway the “effects” of the medicines as advertised state things like this:

May cause swelling of the wrists and ankles

May cause internal bleeding

May cause hair lose.,.,,.,

May cause death

And still folks buy these medications; go figure

My guess is the medicine providers are using humans as test subjects. At least "for now" they are required to disclose possible side effects; if only people would read the label.

:)-

Altfish

Veteran Member
I am glad you brought up medicines. Medicine TV ads are required to disclose their side effects.; at least until Dump removes this mandate.

Anyway the “effects” of the medicines as advertised state things like this:

May cause swelling of the wrists and ankles

May cause internal bleeding

May cause hair lose.,.,,.,

May cause death

And still folks buy these medications; go figure

My guess is the medicine providers are using humans as test subjects. At least "for now" they are required to disclose possible side effects; if only people would read the label.

It's the lesser of two evils.... a possible cure for your illness but you will have side effects.
If you know the issues the decision is yours, you can refuse the medicine.
You'd have to be fairly ill and desperate to take the sort of medicines that have significant side effects.
Most medicines are nothing more than, 'May make you feel drowsy'

james dixon

Premium Member
Most medicines are nothing more than, 'May make you feel drowsy'

Personally I do take a medication that is over the counter that states 'May make you feel drowsy'. I only take this medication because of its side effect which does help me sleep.
Some other medicine side effects are as follows:
Call a doctor right away if you or a person you know who is taking xxxxxx has any of the following symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:

· Attempts to commit suicide

· Acting aggressive or violent

· New or worse depression

· Feeling agitated, restless, angry, or irritable

· An increase in activity or talking more than what is normal for you

· Acting on dangerous impulses

· Thoughts about suicide or dying

· New or worse anxiety or panic attacks

· Trouble sleeping

· Other unusual changes in behavior or mood
Note: the list above was found on the internet.

james dixon

Premium Member
After posting the above I must admit that I have had thoughts of committing suicide. I even jumped off of a second-floor balcony to do just that. Fortunately for me I just broke my ankle and crushed one of my heals.

I no longer have this impulse & do not blame this act on medications.

Milton Platt

Yesterday I came across some pictures of the great flood and want to share them with you

View attachment 19165

View attachment 19166

View attachment 19167
Nothing of this kink could have created such erosion in such a great area except for a great flood.

at least in my view.
What do you see?

A combination of water and wind erosion over a long accumulated time.

Do you realize the velocity of the water that would be required to create such a chasm in a short period of time?

Are you really unaware that there are natural processes that have been demonstrated to cause such phenomena?

Are you unaware that the river that cut the canyon you pictured is still flowing and still cutting the rock at the same rate?

james dixon

Premium Member
A combination of water and wind erosion over a long accumulated time?

The wind would have blown the landscape flat & not leaving columns of soil of the same kind.

Do you realize the velocity of the water that would be required to create such a chasm in a short period of time?

I'm not totally sure about the velocity required or the time line. What I am sure of is it did occur & the evidence has been provided.

Are you really unaware that there are natural processes that have been demonstrated to cause such phenomena?

No I am not. Please provide your evidence

Are you unaware that the river that cut the canyon you pictured is still flowing and still cutting the rock at the same rate?

No I am not. You have not provided any evidence that the river is flowing at the same rate.

I assume you are a biblical believer and assuming this I am puzzled as to why you are trying to contradict the possibility of this being evidence of the great flood.

Is my "assumption" wrong? :)-

Altfish

Veteran Member
Personally I do take a medication that is over the counter that states 'May make you feel drowsy'. I only take this medication because of its side effect which does help me sleep.
Some other medicine side effects are as follows:
Call a doctor right away if you or a person you know who is taking xxxxxx has any of the following symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:

· Attempts to commit suicide

· Acting aggressive or violent

· New or worse depression

· Feeling agitated, restless, angry, or irritable

· An increase in activity or talking more than what is normal for you

· Acting on dangerous impulses

· Thoughts about suicide or dying

· New or worse anxiety or panic attacks

· Trouble sleeping

· Other unusual changes in behavior or mood
Note: the list above was found on the internet.
Yes, I know.
But as long as you are made aware of the side effects BEFORE you take the medicine you have an informed choice.
I accept that occasionally side effects are only detected after prolonged use of a medicine.