• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

SavedByTheLord

But how many have you actually seen, given you claim there were 14 on Noah's boat along with thousands of other dinosaurs, and that they have a tail/trunk which moveth like cedar.
I did???????

Only a few kinds were needed and they chose infants of course.

The woodpecker could not have evolved its long tongue that wraps around to the back of its head through evolution.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Notice I'm not the only one saying so. Unless you want to think we're all liars.
No, not intentionally …. just misinformed.

Take, for instance, the people on here who claim to ‘speak with dead human spirits.’
Do you think they’re making this up? (Well, some could be delusional. But not all of them.) I know you know this; you posted on some of the threads.

Those same intelligent forces which are misleading them, are also behind much (not all) of the other confusing ideologies in this world.
Religion has been a misleading influence on mankind, due to such misleading entities. The Bible informs us that they involve themselves in human politics, also. Hence, the confusion, distrust, & enmity between various groups, to the point of killing themselves, just to kill others!

To be taught such ideology, is clearly from an inhumane source!

But let's not throw such accusations around because you may be forced to stare into a mirror on that one. :)
IMO, everyone will stare into a mirror, regarding all ideologies that have been promoted throughout the millennia of human existence.

Most everyone will be given the opportunity to adjust their thinking based on the facts, IMO.

I think I’m willing to humble myself and readjust my thinking on topics where I am wrong. I hope everyone else will too.

So long

Monty

I did???????

Only a few kinds were needed and they chose infants of course.
So how many kinds of dinosaur were on Noah's boat and did they evolve into other species when they left Noah's boat, along with the other thousands of animals.
The woodpecker could not have evolved its long tongue that wraps around to the back of its head through evolution.
Why not, given that they are not native to Australia or most of the other biogeographical zones?

SavedByTheLord

Yep. IOW triticale evolved from wheat and rye recently, and was not created by your god 6000 years ago.
But God created the wheat and rye that was used to produce the hybrid. And God put into their makeup the ability to be combined into a hybrid and the scientists that did the hybridization. So all glory to God who created all things.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
So how many kinds of dinosaur were on Noah's boat and did they evolve into other species when they left Noah's boat, along with the other thousands of animals.

Why not, given that they are not native to Australia or most of the other biogeographical zones?
What makes you think there were dinosaurs on the ark?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The bible, however, clearly says that flood was only 15 cubits high, and does not say that Mt Everest or even Mt Ararat was covered by 15 cubits.
No it doesn’t…. The account says that the tallest mountain was covered by 15 cubits of water.

Psalm 104:8,9 says the Flood caused the uplift of ranges, which would thereby create the valleys between them — ‘The mountains rose & the valleys fell.’

Which means that Earth’s topography was smoother prior to the Flood, much smoother than it is today.

If you were to level all the Earth - make it like a cue ball - there’s currently enough water (on Earth’s surface) to cover the planet 2.5 miles deep!

To say the tallest mountain, existing at the time of the Flood, was covered by “15 cubits” of water, is to say that “tallest mountain” was at least a mile and a half high, with room to spare.

Best wishes.

Monty

Noah was given instructions and they would have been 2 of each Biblical kind.
So they were infants.
Have you ever actually read the bible, which says that apart from Noah's 2 pigs there were 14 of each other kind on board Noah's boat (ie 7 males & 7 females)? Where does the bible say anything about infants, given it only refers to breeding pairs and not juveniles? IOW the bible says there were millions of animals on Noah's boat plus their food and drinking water.

Monty

No it doesn’t…. The account says that the tallest mountain was covered by 15 cubits of water.

Psalm 104:8,9 says the Flood caused the uplift of ranges, which would thereby create the valleys between them — ‘The mountains rose & the valleys fell.’

Which means that Earth’s topography was smoother prior to the Flood, much smoother than it is today.

If you were to level all the Earth - make it like a cue ball - there’s currently enough water (on Earth’s surface) to cover the planet 2.5 miles deep!

To say the tallest mountain, existing at the time of the Flood, was covered by “15 cubits” of water, is to say that “tallest mountain” was at least a mile and a half high, with room to spare.

Best wishes.
Nonsense. That's just a false version.
The KJV and the Hebrew bible, however, both say that the flood height was only 15 cubits and drained away like every other similar flood before and since.
Young's literal translation also confirms that the flood was only 15 cubits high and covered the higher ground in the flooded area which stretched to the horizon.

If you believe otherwise, then why are there six distinct biogeographical zones with their own ranges of flora and fauna, and why aren't kangaroos and sloths and echidnas also native to the middle east? And where did the extra 4.5 billion cubic kilometres of extra water come from to cause the ocean level to magically rise at the rate of NINE METRES PER HOUR FOR FORTY DAYS and how did that extra water disappear, given that there is about 1.3 billion cubic kilometres of water on Earth?

Last edited:

Monty

What makes you think there were dinosaurs on the ark?
If they were created 6000 years ago then there were obviously 14 of each species aboard Noah's boat, along with 14 Asian elephants and 14 African bush elephants and 14 African forest elephants and 14 Savanna elephants and two pigs etc etc etc.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
MI and Non contradiction are 2 infallible ways to prove something and I did it with both.
*Chuckle*

You did nothing of the kind.

And you addressed NONE of the issues I pointed out to you.

I dare say you have a big poster on your bedroom wall that says, "IF IGNORANCE IS BLISS 'TIS FOLLY TO BE WISE". So you'll know that's from a poem by Thomas Gray called 'Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College'. And of course I won't have to tell you since you'll at once have noticed, that it plays with your favorite bible verse, Ecclesiastes 1:18 : "For in much wisdom is much vexation / and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow."

Go well.

SavedByTheLord

*Chuckle*

You did nothing of the kind.

And you addressed NONE of the issues I pointed out to you.

I dare say you have a big poster on your bedroom wall that says, "IF IGNORANCE IS BLISS 'TIS FOLLY TO BE WISE". So you'll know that's from a poem by Thomas Gray called 'Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College'. And of course I won't have to tell you since you'll at once have noticed, that it plays with your favorite bible verse, Ecclesiastes 1:18 : "For in much wisdom is much vexation / and he who increases knowledge increases sorrow."

Go well.
thanks for well nothing.