• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of NOAH's FLOOD

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
Can you tell us how Noah fed and housed the 14 Asian elephants, and the 14 African Savanna elephants, and the 14 African forest elephants, and the 14 coastal taipans, and the 14 inland taipans, and the 14 central ranges taipans, and the 14 African lions, and the 14 Bengal tigers, and the 14 Siberian tigers etc etc which he rounded up a day or so before the ocean level magically rose at the rate of nine metres per hour for 40 days?
I think Gopher and Isaac brought in snacks and drinks from the bar on the Lido deck.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm sort of curious why the women on the Ark didn't have names. I guess the mothers of what would be the new human race weren't that important.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I'm sort of curious why the women on the Ark didn't have names. I guess the mothers of what would be the new human race weren't that important.
In some versions of the story Noah preferred men when he'd had a couple of wines so maybe that's the reason they don't rate a mention.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
In some versions of the story Noah preferred men when he'd had a couple of wines so maybe that's the reason they don't rate a mention.
Apparently he would get angry and yell at young boys if you covered his nakedness. It seems, since the women weren't important enough to have names, it didn't matter if they did or didn't see him naked.

Last edited:

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I always considered it a sign of a male dominated society that didn't much value women beyond the functional role of housekeeper and bed partner.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
You may be onto something. I found this quote in my reading.

"Second, beware of the cultural-symbolic nature of the narrative. Nudity was a taboo in the ancient Israelite society, especially the nudity of one’s parents. To see one’s parents’ nudity had the connotation of sexual intimacy and at times even incest or rape. All of these things may be implicit in the narrative, though the text is not clear about any of them. It may just point at Ham’s lack of respect for his father’s sexual life which he indiscreetly witnesses, or participates in, and goes on to report to his brothers. Still, the text mentions that Ham had done something to Noah and here is where the reader can find room for speculation alongside some of the ideas proposed above."

Osvaldo D. Vena, Th.D.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The worldwide flood is a historic event.
So why isn’t there a genetic bottleneck that would exist if all but a pair of animals died off? There should be genetic maps that trace all current species to the same ancestor some 4000 years ago. There isn’t.

But that’s ok. Engineers can’t build a wooden ship larger than 450 feet. The largest one in history was built with modern techniques but still was horrible to sail. The ship leaked badly and needed constant pumping to prevent sinking. It twisted in rough water. But we are supposed to believe that ancient people without tools could build a ship twice that size and survive violent storms and not sink for a year?

Some years ago a YEC engineer was committed to providing it could be done. He went and tested every type of wood and posted his findings online. He was disappointed to find that no wood had the strength to build the Ark. The website was taken down at some point.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
You may be onto something. I found this quote in my reading.

"Second, beware of the cultural-symbolic nature of the narrative. Nudity was a taboo in the ancient Israelite society, especially the nudity of one’s parents. To see one’s parents’ nudity had the connotation of sexual intimacy and at times even incest or rape. All of these things may be implicit in the narrative, though the text is not clear about any of them. It may just point at Ham’s lack of respect for his father’s sexual life which he indiscreetly witnesses, or participates in, and goes on to report to his brothers. Still, the text mentions that Ham had done something to Noah and here is where the reader can find room for speculation alongside some of the ideas proposed above."

Osvaldo D. Vena, Th.D.

Cruises are notorious for lewd and lascivious behavior.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I've been reading about the vapor canopy. The entire idea is a flight of fantasy that would require humans to live in a pressure cooker of heat and pressure.

I have some papers somewhere that go into more detail of how such an idea wouldn't make sense, but making sense isn't the goal of those desperate to see the story rendered as historic fact.

And this doesn't even account for the release of energy when 9 km of water suddenly starts falling to the Earth.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Cruises are notorious for lewd and lascivious behavior.
I wonder how they found the time with all those animals to take care of. They had to race the horses and zebras around the Prominade to keep them in shape. Then there was the off track betting to consider.

I suppose there is always time for lewd and lascivious behavior.

Revelation 21:4

Revelation 21:4
The flood, a supernatural event! Why so?
Lets please reason.

Why did Jehovah bring it? According to 2 Peter 2:4,5 & Jude 1:6 , in conjunction with Genesis 6:1-4 Angels were having relations with women, producing hybrid children which grew up to be giants. These were called “men of fame” (Genesis 6:4); and violence filled the earth. — Genesis 6:11.

This is supported by many legends found throughout the earth that share a common denominator: the “gods” having sex with women, and fathering hybrid children….like Achilles, Perseus, Hercules, etc. Anthropologists recognize that when unrelated myths share a common thread, they are based on actual events.

Do you see why the Flood had to be global? If it were local, these angels would have just relocated! Maybe they had already, and that’s why we find other areas of the earth that had ancient cities, that no longer exist. Maybe Atlantis, or those found off the Asian coasts. This would explain some of the evidence that Erich von Däniken has found.

According to Psalm 104:8,9 the Flood was the reason many “mountains ascended and valleys descended“; therefore, prior to the Deluge, mountain ranges were less pronounced.

To be continued…
Hello, I am back! Are you happy? LOL ! :) (Excuse my German humor.)

I believe that the flood was a controlled event. Why?
Jehovah set it in motion and stopped it too.
During the flood he protected Noah, his family, the animals and the Ark. If that would not have been the case, the ark wouldn’t have survived the cataclysm.

Consider please the raising of mountains and the creation of valleys as described in Psalms 104:8,9 .
The tremendous forces & pressures, both from the heavens in the form of rain (for 40 days & nights) and the waters below, no doubt unleashed so much turbulence that it would have destroyed the Ark and everything in it. Without Jehovah’s protection everything inside the Ark, and the Ark itself, would have been crushed. Today‘s floods are nothing compared to the worldwide flood. Floods, even local floods, can change surrounding terrain, quickly!

It’s obvious, to me, that Jehovah was controlling matters.

Don’t you think He could? After all, he was the one who created the universe.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Hello, I am back! Are you happy? LOL ! :) (Excuse my German humor.)

I believe that the flood was a controlled event. Why?
Jehovah set it in motion and stopped it too.
During the flood he protected Noah, his family, the animals and the Ark. If that would not have been the case, the ark wouldn’t have survived the cataclysm.

Consider please the raising of mountains and the creation of valleys as described in Psalms 104:8,9 .
The tremendous forces & pressures, both from the heavens in the form of rain (for 40 days & nights) and the waters below, no doubt unleashed so much turbulence that it would have destroyed the Ark and everything in it. Without Jehovah’s protection everything inside the Ark, and the Ark itself, would have been crushed. Today‘s floods are nothing compared to the worldwide flood. Floods, even local floods, can change surrounding terrain, quickly!

It’s obvious, to me, that Jehovah was controlling matters.

Don’t you think He could? After all, he was the one who created the universe.
But we can date those events. The rocks associated with mountains can tell us when they were formed. In all cases it was long before man came on the scene.

SavedByTheLord

But we can date those events. The rocks associated with mountains can tell us when they were formed. In all cases it was long before man came on the scene.
They have been proven to be thousands of years old.

There is a toy scientific device. It consists of a clear tube with water and different types of sediment in it.
Shake it up as much as you like and it will always settle into the same layers,
This is just the physics of this.
Behold the evidence of the worldwide flood in the rock layers.
Simple analysis shows that they are only thousands of years old.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
They have been proven to be thousands of years old.

There is a toy scientific device. It consists of a clear tube with water and different types of sediment in it.
Shake it up as much as you like and it will always settle into the same layers,
This is just the physics of this.
Behold the evidence of the worldwide flood in the rock layers.
Simple analysis shows that they are only thousands of years old.
That toy of Kent Hovind's does not help you. It does not match what is found in nature.

You really should learn just a little science. Right now your scientific literacy is at about the 4th grade level.

SavedByTheLord

That toy of Kent Hovind's does not help you. It does not match what is found in nature.

You really should learn just a little science. Right now your scientific literacy is at about the 4th grade level.
It is actually used to show real science and it is not Ken Hovind’s toy. Ad usual you are wrong, You have no clue about real science.

You can buy one at Flinn Scientific. Uniformatarianism was a fairy tale told by Satan to deceive prideful people who think they are smart. Catastrophism is real scince.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is actually used to show real science and it is not Ken Hovind’s toy. Ad usual you are wrong, You have no clue about real science.

You can buy one at Flinn Scientific. Uniformatarianism was a fairy tale told by Satan to deceive prideful people who think they are smart. Catastrophism is real scince.

Yes, and that shows that the flood myth is wrong.

Put a mix of sediments in it. You will see it sort from coarsest to finest. Also from densest to least dense.

We do not see that in the geologic column.

SavedByTheLord

Yes, and that shows that the flood myth is wrong.

Put a mix of sediments in it. You will see it sort from coarsest to finest. Also from densest to least dense.

We do not see that in the geologic column.
There would have been a number of wash ins from the flood and that is exactly what is seen.

When Mount Saint Helen’s erupted in 1980, it created exactly the carved out rock layers that you see at the Grand Canyon.
Obviously, it was just a local catastrophe and a small one compared to the worldwide flood.
You can see it here. All happened very quickly, thus disproving evolution and billions of years.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There would have been a number of wash ins from the flood and that is exactly what is seen.

When Mount Saint Helen’s erupted in 1980, it created exactly the carved out rock layers that you see at the Grand Canyon.
Obviously, it was just a local catastrophe and a small one compared to the worldwide flood.
You can see it here. All happened very quickly, thus disproving evolution and billions of years.

Nope. As I have pointed out several times it is a straight shot. It follows the old river valley. It die not carve a new one. And most important it does not have any meanders. Something that the Grand Canyon has. Something that you cannot explain:

1696918603974.png

That is a tributary to the Grand Canyon. It is easier to see the meanders there. Those took millions of years to form.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This article has a better picture of the Toutle river. And I was way off it is only 20 meters, or about 65 feet deep, Compare that to the Grand Canyon. It is 100 times deeper:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
An aerial view of the North Fork of the Toutle River looks nothing like the Grand Canyon. Please note the stream in the now flat bottom. No meanders, It is a braided stream valley, that is quite the opposite:

1696919354822.png